Thread: Giving it up

Default Giving it up

I never thought I would enjoy nursing, but I did. But since I am going on month 2 of nausea, I just can't keep up with the calories needed to produce milk. I'm underweight to begin with and my doctors are getting very concerned with my weight so after cutting back to just part-time nursing, I've decided that I just need to bite the bullet and let my milk dry up. And I'm sad about it.

DH has been very supportive of whatever I wanted to do and is very sympathetic about it all. But I'm still sad about it. DD was such a natural latch and it came so easy, it kind of isn't fair that I don't physically have the health to do it.

Hopefully though, by getting back the few hundred calories a day, I can gain back a little weight, get my strength back, and be a better mom to BOTH my babies instead of always feeling so sick.
    Rae (27), DH (26), Lucas (6/3/12), Amelia (12/13/13)

Blog Entries

You did great giving her breast milk as long as you could. You are also very right that you need to make the decision that is the best outcome for your whole family. I hope that the final transition goes well and you are doing much better very soon.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Stopping nursing is such a hard decision to make. You are doing the right thing by taking care of yourself! Great job going as long as you did! Bravo!!!

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

Quote Originally Posted by tyvek View Post
    Stopping nursing is such a hard decision to make. You are doing the right thing by taking care of yourself! Great job going as long as you did! Bravo!!!
    This exactly!!

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Praying you're able to get to a healthy place very soon momma !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thanks ladies. I'm tearing up reading your encouragement.
    Rae (27), DH (26), Lucas (6/3/12), Amelia (12/13/13)

It is absolutely the right decision to take care of yourself as a mama. It will be an emotional transition, but you will get through it and be healthier in the end. Its wonderful you gave your baby that precious gift for as long as you could. I hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by tyvek View Post
    This!