Thread: Diaper bags

Default Diaper bags

What is your favorite one? What about the dads? Especially if you use cloth diapers.........

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Blog Entries

Cloth diapers take up a lot of space, even for just one child. So, you need a decent sized one. I didn't use cloth until I had two children and I quickly ditched the regular diaper bags and use an Eddie Bauer weekender bag like this one. It isn't pretty but has enough room for two in cloth. Or now in my case snacks and water for two, changes of clothes for two, 6 cloth diapers, 4 burp cloths, a wet bag, first aid kit and 7ish size 6 disposable diapers. I have a little purse and usually my kindle fire in there, too.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Yeah I noticed that they take up a lot of space in the dresser. So I was looking at bigger bags. Currently thinking about this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I don't think my DH would mind carrying it (I mean I can get him to carry my purse sometimes!).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

i use a 3 compartment backpack. Its blue so dh doesnt mind it, it holds a ton, has water bottle pockets and has enough compartments to keep things organized. And i got it at Marshalls for $17.

we had a skiphop messenger bag in gray. something that my husband could use without caring that it was pink or covered with flowers. Worked just fine...

http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Messe...phop+messenger

I thought about a backpack but I'm just not a backpack person. I'm willing to go to about $100 I think, so definitely not designer.

I had been looking at the skip hop messenger too. Doesn't seem like it's got that many pockets though? They don't give a great shot of the inside.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

i have a JJCole and i love it

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)

I don't cloth diaper but I have a jj cole caprice bag. I got it new for this baby. I will have 2 in diapers and there is seriously a ton of room in it. I love it!

I use a backpack, too, and I cloth diaper. I would look at messenger bags in the luggage department. Those are gender neutral. I don't have any brands. Like a PP, I get my bags at Marshalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I thought about a backpack but I'm just not a backpack person. I'm willing to go to about $100 I think, so definitely not designer.

I had been looking at the skip hop messenger too. Doesn't seem like it's got that many pockets though? They don't give a great shot of the inside.
    It has numerous pockets on the inside and along the outside. I used the outside to carry ziploc bags, bandaids (the flat pockets) and bottles, juice boxes (the outside, side mesh boxes)... main compartment to carry diapers and diaper cloths (we used cloth diapers as burp cloths so i carried both disposable and cloth), the inside pockets (one for each) for the balmex, snacks, toys, and wipes. Back outside pocket took the patemm pad which is larger than typical pads. (I can't recall if it came with one, but we ditched that immediately.

It hung off of our stroller nicely. Shoulder, too. (We had a diaper dude bag, as well - a gift. It's really meant to be crossbody or something b/c it never balanced correctly on the shoulder. It looked like the skip hop messenger but it was bigger and harder to carry.)

I cloth diaper, and I have this bag:

http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Duo-D...s=skip+hop+duo

I can fit at least four cloth diapers (bg 4.0 pockets), plus wetbag, cloth wipes, extra clothes, etc. in it. It holds a ton of stuff and has held up great over the last year and a half of daily use.
    Jennifer

With Cody I ended up really liking the one we got from the hospital. With Sophia I bought one from Wal-Mart. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Boom-...Zebra/19200311
    *** Lindsay ***

I love Skip Hop Messenger Bag, and it could pass for a Dad bag too... but it was tight for one kid and I wasn't cloth diapering... but I did have a lot of extra diapers because I hated refilling it before going out hehe.

I now have a Petunia Pickle Bottom weekender bag for two kids, it's pretty womanly but holds so much. And luckily, My DH doesn't care about that stuff and will carry it around. It's all black though, does that count hehe?

I would just get the bag you like, and get your DH a cheap backpack if you aren't a backpack person.. that way you don't have to worry about it being manly. And if you find a designer bag that you like, just wait for sales... a lot of them (other then maybe coach, LV ect) will go down to $100.

Skiphop has 20% off regularly if you sign up for their e-mails... but they don't offer free shipping, so look for it at other stores online that have frequent sales.
    .~Becky~.

I ended up ordering this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Just kept coming back to it and kind of thinking I might use it myself as my carry on when I fly to Chicago next month for work. Normally when we travel, DH takes care of most of the luggage....but I figured that my boss isn't to do that for me.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Blog Entries

It does look like a nice bag. Let us know how you like it. I really want a functional, new diaper bag. This one I am using I got from my baby shower five years ago.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Will do! Amazon says it should arrive Saturday. All I can say is I'm really happy people do YouTube reviews....so far in my baby stuff buying, I have found if I like the video reviews, I like it in person. We don't have any baby stores...it's about 90 minutes to one so I have bought almost everything online.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I have gotten the most use out if a basic backpack. I just find it easier. The one you ordered seems nice!
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Petunia Picklebottom all the way...they are sooo cute, tons of space and really not bad for dad to wear honestly. They do run a little pricey, but you can find them all over for sale.