Thread: Good news!

Default Good news!

I haven't really been able to share any of this...but things are one more step closer to being done, so I can vaguely share.

My brother and sister in law became foster parents to my niece (my SIL's bro's DD) 18 months ago. After a week long TPR trial it all ended today...with the TPR going through. Bio dad has 30 days to appeal, which we already know he will, but no one thinks it has a snowballs chance. It looks like my 5 1/2 year old niece will soon be adopted by my bro and SIL! This is never easy...even worse when it is family....but I am so happy for my niece, she just won the lottery.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

That is good news! And I love your siggy pic!

Sara (35), wife to Nick (34), mom to Ainsley (2/22/09) and Raegan (1/15/12)
    Friend me on Facebook

Oh that is just fantastic news !!! It is tough...these kinds of gains always involve substantial loss . Soon all of that will be in the past though and what a beautiful future for your niece, brother, and sil ! Could not be happier for them !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thanks guys! I am really happy for them too. It was sad to see bio dad breakdown in court, but this is really and truly what is best for her...everyone knows how hard it is to TPR, so they had good reason. My bro and SIL are not in a good place with him right now, but I know since having a relationship with him is also in my niece's best interest they won't cut him out...so she is not gone from him forever. It is just such a weight off to finally have this over...to finally be able to tell her where she will be forever. She is having a lot of anxiety and attachment issues, so this permanency will really help her. Her mom committed suicide just after her 2nd birthday, then Grandma pretty much raised her...with very little help from her dad who lived with them but he was not a parent at all. He was involved in stuff that put her in serious danger...and since it went on in Grandma's house and Grandma didn't make the call to the police/DHS (my SIL and bro ended up doing it) Grandma was slapped with "founded charges" too. So she lost everyone who she lived with her first 3 years of life almost all at once. She will now be in the home she needs and deserves...and they will make sure to get her the extra help she is going to need too.

Congrats! Poor baby, I hate that they leave kids in limbo like that for as long as they do. That is great that she's finally got stability and her forever home.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Glad to hear that this difficult time is ending and happier days are ahead for your niece. That is such an awful start, I'm glad she has family to care for her.

ps: love your new sig pic too!!

It sounds like she is very lucky to have your brother and SIL, and they are lucky to have her too! Hope the appeal process ends quickly and in their favor so the little one can start the healing process.

Thanks guys! There were a lot of tears at the end of the week long trial, and the Judge even came off the bench to give us all hugs after her ruling, I don't know if they usually do that but it was pretty awesome.