Thread: Movement

Default Movement

I really wish that I could feel more movement!! I don't know if maybe the existing fibroid I have in the uterine wall is making it hard for me to feel my little man moving.... Grr......
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

How far along are you? I'm pg with my first and I didn't start feeling movement noticeably until about 23weeks or so
    Kim-26 DH-26 Figuring out how to be a SAHM!

Is your placenta anterior? If it is it could be cushioning the movement and making it hard for you to feel. Mine is this time and I only started really feeling things at 23 weeks. I had one in my last pregnancy as well and even 30+ weeks had trouble feeling movement.

I'm currently 23 weeks. They haven't said anything about my placenta other than it's good. But the fibroid I still have is like in the wall on the front, so like up against my belly, so I wonder if that's cushioning it a bit.... With all the problems I've had, I would just feel better if I could feel more movement

I know you would feel better with more movement, it's definitely reassuring. I think that your fibroid could be the reason. Ask about your placenta next time, they probably won't say anything unless you ask--I know I had to ask. I don't think they really think about it or think that we care unless it's in a "bad" position.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I had to ask about the position of mine too. It's really not a bad thing just can't feel things as well.

Ok, so I've felt tons of little bubbly flippy feelings in the past few days Guess my little bean has just decided to start getting more active, or just big enough now I can feel him. Every time they had done an ultrasound or even the doppler you could hear him or see him kicking or flipping... LOL!!!

Now to the yuck part... for the past week or so I've been having the most excruciating pain in my right side, all the way to the lower right area of my abdomen I don't know if this is something residual from surgery or not. It's so bad when I stand up or walk... sometimes I don't have it, and sometimes it hits me like a train. It really has gotten worse since one night when I went to switch sides while sleeping. I about screamed bloody murder. It felt like my muscle ripped in half Fortunately I have my Post -op appt this Thursday so I will be asking about it...

Glad you are able to feel movement! I hope you get some relief from your pain and some answers in your post-op.

Hope the pain goes away. I have piercing pains from time to time near my right ovary. But that's when I am tired or walking too much. I understand that is round ligament and especially with 2 c-sections it is more sensitive.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Well Post Op appt went well... I can finally go back to work, which I don't want to do. I'm still ticked about being demoted because of being of for surgery and upcoming maternity leave

Dr said all looked well... Thinks the pain is just round ligament pain, which I see Cheeksy said it's worse for her after 2 c-sections, I wonder if it's just worse since they opened me up for surgery?? The other numbness/pain, weird feeling I've been having near my right breast and around to my back, she thinks is just a muscle got stretched to far during surgery, and I could have had a nerve pinched possibly. She thinks that will go away on it's own

Now i just have to decide if I want to keep driving an hour and a half to the drs in Indy, or stick with my local drs, who didn't even read my charts to see I was pregnant when i went in to have staples removed???