Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lizzy/Elizabeth8503

Angry Update/mini rant

Update:
    So....I am still coughing....and it hurts. I am taking protonix, zantac, and zyrtec ....no real change in the cough...I see my primary care doctor on Thursday to see if she can figure out something. I am exhausted from the coughing. All I want to do is sleep, but I can't do that working full time and finishing up my last class for my BSN... I don't have a lot of energy, but other than that and the cough I feel fine. I also think that I am finally on the road to gaining weight....if my home scale is accurate.... which is a plus, but I still don't have much of an appetite, and my fasting blood sugars are much better than they were, and my after eating blood sugars aren't bad (minus one day)... so that is a plus. I have a feeling that they will still consider me gestational diabetic.

Mini work rant:
    So, go in to work today, and we have our "huddle" which basically ended up being a B**** fest about how our assessments are not up to snuff....and how we need to do this and that....but the thing that really ticks me off is the fact that we have never really had ANY feedback on our assessments before. My big thing that I needed to improve on was "summarizing" what happened during the assessment....which I do anyways....but I don't double chart it in the area stating "summary"....so that was my big ding.
    The second thing that ticks me off is that we have a brand new screening tool that we implemented like back in May...like the second week... and for about three weeks after starting this new screen...it wasn't getting scanned into the computer...(which is not something we handle, nor is it something we can fix)...so I supposedly only did like half of those ....when I know for a fact I am much closer to like 90% completion... but the assessor of the charts stated "I don't want to hear how I messed up something."......so I just feel like no matter what I do it is wrong (that may be part of the hormones....but I feel I am justified in my feelings despite the hormones).
    The third thing is my "supervisor" has seemed really irritable today...and again that may be my hormones taking part.... but she got upset with me for the doctor not calling back in a timely manner....(again....not something I can truly change or control)....and then got upset with me because I wasn't at the phone when the doctor did call back ...I was about ready to head to the bathroom for the millionth time today.... Then she says that she is trying to prevent me from getting a naughty patient (who was supposed to show up like over an hour ago) and she wanted me to do a telemed... but then gave another coworker that telemed....and seems upset that the patient who may or may not show up isn't here.

I just give up today. I want to go home and go to bed....I am tired, my abdomen/stomach hurts from coughing so much, I am nauseated, but not to the point of getting sick, just enough to not feel good.. I am tired of listening to my coworkers complain about this or that....none of which I can change or control...and I feel like I should't be reamed for something I didn't know that I was doing wrong....and then expecting me to know how to fix it when I didn't know I was doing wrong......so D*** frustrated right now....and I still have two more hours to go....so I guess I will attempt to work on homework until DH comes to pick me up and take me home (we carpool).

~~Lizzy~~
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Oh how frustrating, I'm so sorry ! I hope you're home and resting now

Eesh, that cough ...sure wish they could get that figured out for you. Maybe ask for a trial run of an inhaled steroid like flovent or pulmicort just to see if it helps, or maybe even a 5 day tapered dose of prednisone to calm down whatever inflammation/irritation might be in there ? Didn't you say your mom has cough variant asthma? What does she take for it?

Praying for a good appt Thursday !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Happy 26wks!!

Woohooo, you're in the 3rd tri !!!!!

So....went to the air show in Omaha with my DH and some friends....it was very hot outside, and although I put on sunscreen on my top half, I didn't bother to put any sunscreen on my legs....I have never burnt on my legs before, and I didn't think too much about it.
    Man, that was a bad, bad idea. I have a nasty sunburn on my legs, from just above my knee to my ankles...(had shoes on, so I didn't get any on my feet)...
    Yesterday was horrible, I couldn't walk without pain, they were swollen, couldn't touch them, felt like my skin would burst apart....today not as bad, didn't rely heavily on the aloe, still touchy, still a bit swollen, but the pain is manageable. I hope that here in a few days I can have my legs back without the unusual swelling.
    I have been trying (although not succeeding too much) with keeping my legs up at work here and there....I am gonna see if I can get a doctor's note from the OB to do this so that I don't get yelled at at work...they have been rather picky lately... and I was so busy at work yesterday I didn't get a chance to eat more than a bite or two... and ended up getting sick...and still wasn't able to eat.
    As much issues as I have had at work lately, I keep having to tell myself that I cannot make any rash decisions about work until Ryleigh comes.. then I can figure out what I should do...I am too hormonal most of the time to make a decision this big....
    I also keep telling myself...only 4 1/2 weeks left of my school then I will have a 6-8 month break before I am gonna start on my Masters program... I can handle this class... despite what my hormones are saying....arg....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

27th week......7th month.........3rd trimester!!!!

Yay and welcome to the last bits of the pregnancy!

Happy 27wks, 7th month, 3rd tri!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking of you and really praying your able to get that note from your OB to put your feet up more at work...this last stretch of pg can be tough and I don't think it's unreasonable at all for your supervisor to allow some time for you throughout the day to take it easy. Don't smokers get breaks?

I hope these next 4.5wks of school go by quickly for you and you enjoy your nice loooong break !!

You'll definitely be at a much better place to make the necessary decisions regarding your Master's program by then I'm sure . Pg really is a challenging time to think big decisions through, not only are the hormones counter-productive, you will also have a better idea after baby is a couple months old about how much of a time commitment you can devote to your Masters classes.

Hang in there Lizzy !!!

Wow, happy 3rd Trimester!!!

Default Appointment Update!

So, had my appointment....all is good
    I am measuring right where I am supposed to be.
    I got my TDAP booster....
    They drew my blood to check to see if I am anemic.. hopefully I will have the results this evening, or tomorrow morning.
    I got a prescription for my breast pump (which insurance pays for completely)...
    My doc isn't too concerned about my blood sugars, but suggested I still keep an eye on them just to make sure....My thought is that I am gonna monitor my fasting and try to do at least once a day other than that....
    Still gaining weight....which is very good....up about 2-3 pounds in 4 weeks....
    On to my every two week appointments....

Great update!!

Praying for good numbers on your labwork !

I seriously cannot believe you will be going every other week now, woohoooo, it's going to go by fast !!!

11. Default

Sounds like a great appointment!! I just check twice a day, too. I religiously check my fasting levels but sometimes I don't get in that 2nd check of the day. I figure if I really messed up the next morning's fasting numbers will let me know. And they do!

I'm even considering only checking the 2nd daily level if/when I think I've eaten something that's going to put me over the 120 mark. It is rare for my post meal numbers to be higher than 110, really. A Mama has to save money where she can ... I think I get one more refill on the strips before the cost doesn't count toward my deductible (they want to force you into mail order). I really don't want to have to go through the mail order crap for my last month of supplies, kwim?? We'll see. I have another 50 pack of strips before I have to worry about it.

So glad you're doing so well! Welcome to the every two week appointment club!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

And today is the third day out of four that I have felt really nauseated....oh what fun......

Oh yuck, I'm so sorry !!! Praying the nausea eases up for you soon !!

Okay....so a few weeks ago I found out that the building I worked in for over 2 1/2 years, and clear up to through my first trimester, was pretty much filled up with nasty stuff and black mold.....
    Last year I had a cough so bad I actually broke my rib from coughing...no known cause for it...
    My DH told me that the cough I thought started around my 14th week....had actually started a long time prior.....
    I called my primary care doctor...she states that she doesn't think it has to do with the exposure...but she set me up with an allergist next week just to make sure...
    My appointment is next Wednesday, and although I doubt I will get any solid answers, I hope to at least have some more answers in regards to my cough....
    Wish me luck!
    Lizzy

I'm so glad you'll be seeing an allergist and really hoping s/he will have some answers for you ! Coughing like that is just miserable and it would be fantastic if you could get some relief from it !!

Had my OB appointment today....all looks good. Doc said that she didn't see any need to have any additional ultrasounds at this point, and as long as I am measuring where I should be, I may not have another ultrasound. I am continuing to steadily gain weight (finally) and now up to 10 pounds below where I started (originally I had lost 18 pounds, and didn't start to gain until I was 22ish weeks).
    If I were to start to measure ahead of where I should be (which I haven't been) then they may do futher testing, but as of now, there is no need.
    Blood sugars are doing pretty well (I had a day or two where they were higher than my normal, but that was just after I got sick and was in the hospital)..so I just continue to monitor.
    My allergist appointment is tomorrow....hopefully I will have some answers....or at least have ruled things out....

Yay..no additional ultrasounds!! Sounds like you had a good appointment too. Hopefully the allergist will help tomorrow.

Brenda

Great update on your appt !

I have been very nauseated over the past week...and I have lost two pounds, which isn't just water weight, in the past two weeks, which brings my total weight gain to -12 pounds....I was up to -9 or -8.... I have been taking my medications like I should and I am beginning to wonder if the nausea is coming from my Prevacid...I am gonna give it a few more days, and if it continues I may stop them for a day or two to see if my nausea improves...I hate taking zofran because it stops me up so bad I almost feel worse taking it than I do when I am nauseated and throwing up....but I think I am gonna take it today....
    My next OB appointment is Tuesday....I am gonna try and talk to the OB about it....see if she has any ideas....
    Yesterday was really not a good day, and if DH hadn't driven me to work I would have asked to go home early...I managed to keep some food down by the end of the day... but I wasn't having any type of cramping....so I didn't even think about going to the ED to get checked out....

Ryleigh doesn't seem to be phased by any of this....she is kicking and moving, and is bound and determined she is gonna break the ribs on my right side...(which is the side that hurts from all the coughing....which still hasn't improved at all)...
    In a week I am done with my BSN!!!!!!! and DH got his degree in the mail last night....so we are almost about done with that chapter of our lives for the moment.....(we are both thinking about starting up school again next year...me for my masters, him for his bachelors)...

We are also kind of looking at getting a new house....the house we looked at today was a huge no-go... but if we can't find anything we like...it isn't gonna be a huge deal...the house that we live in isn't bad at all...just it is gonna be cramped once Ryleigh arrives...We got a new bed...a KING for once... and it should be here tomorrow...the actual bed frame will take a week or so longer to get here...but we are gonna have a new bed!!!!

Can it be October yet?!?!?!?!?!?!

Happy 31wks!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry you're struggling with GI issues and not keeping weight on !! I'm so glad Ryleigh seems to be handling it all just fine though !!!

Woohooo for a king-size bed ! We went from a full to a king when we moved and I seriously don't know how we lived without a king-size all these years !! I don't think we'll ever be able to go back ! The only kicker is sheets are soooo expensive, but we invested in a very nice set and it has totally been worth it . Enjoy!!!!!

So, tomorrow I am gonna call my primary care doc and get an appointment... My side hurts so bad right now... every single time I breathe, it is getting worse... I can't stop the coughing... and she keeps kicking me in the sorest spots... Yesterday it was sore, today it really, really hurts....so...I shall see what she says tomorrow.......

I am so glad the pt is helping !!! I hope you have a good appt today !

Default Appointment Updates...

Had another visit with PT yesterday...my ribs are not nearly as sore as they were...and were not nearly as spasmed or twisted as they were. I was given a few more exercises to do to keep them from spasming again. I need to get my exercise ball more inflated...but the pain is practically gone... which is amazing because I have been extremely sore for MONTHS.
    My OB appointment was today. I haven't gained anything in the past four weeks....which brings my total weight gain at -9 to -10 pounds... She was a moving and a kicking... her heart rate was at 158...which has been her typical. I apparently am measuring where I should be...so that is a plus. The OB didn't say any different at least. At my 36 week appointment (here in about 3 weeks) they will do a cervix check and see if I have strep B. It doesn't seem that I will have any more ultrasounds....which is okay I guess.... OB wants me to monitor my BS more frequently than just in the mornings...which is kind of annoying....but I will do it. I still have no appetite... and when I try to eat more frequently or larger meals than I have been....I tend to still get nauseated and get sick....which seems counter productive.... but as long as she is growing....that is all that matters.
    Yesterday and today my lower abdomen has been very sore...it almost feels like pressure, but it isn't....not cramping, but it doesn't feel like stretching either....but the OB thinks it is just cause I am getting bigger....
    So tired all the time. It seems that I am more tired when I have nothing to do (at work)... but I am not really able to nap....so I am kind of in a catch 22 in this... I am not anemic, so it isn't from that.....Ryleigh just seems to want to steal whatever energy I have and use it to try and break out.....lol
    Lizzy

What a great update! Glad you finally have a little relief in your ribs. I wonder if baby has dropped some and is putting less pressure on that whole area? And maybe she dropped enough to cause the pressure down below. It's definitely time for those kinds of things to start happening for you... Crazy that your ticker says 46 days left!

25. Default

So glad that you're finally getting so relief!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yes im glad your getting relief too. I'm in a really tired stage too. Mid afternoon when the boys nap I always tell myself that I need to mop or clean but I end up just laying down for a nap too. So my house looks horrible and I have a ton of half done projects..hoping for that nesting stage to kick in soon..I could use about a weeks worth of higher energy days.

What a great update !! I am soooo glad the PT is helping so much...that is just fantastic !!!!!!!!

I'm sorry the 3rd tri fatigue is getting to you...maybe it's because of the nausea and not enough caloric intake ? I know if I don't get in enough calories and fluids in a day I feel *exhausted* . Baby is growing so fast right now so maybe not being able to keep food down is starting to catch up with you...sure hope it eases at some point !

Had the first of my baby showers on Saturday.....here is a few pictures of (most of) what I got

Awwwwww, how exciting...so many cute things, I just love baby stuff !!!!!!!