Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lizzy/Elizabeth8503

Your gender reveal party sounds like it was absolutely lovely !!! I'm so glad you had a nice time! My parents are divorced too...it has been 12yrs...my younger brother got married last summer and it was the first time my mom and dad have seen each other since the divorce; I know it wasn't easy for them, but it was so nice having the whole family together .

That's fantastic that you're pretty well set already ! We need a new rocker/recliner too...that's going to be our big purchase with this baby. There's a store down here called The Toy House and they have the most gorgeous baby furniture! They have a rocker/recliner there I've got my eye on...just need to have dh look at it to make sure it's as well built as it appears .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

2. Default

Yay! I'm glad it went well and all major purchases are accounted for!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Just got back from the doc....She doesn't think it is asthma related, but feels that the cough is more in regards to my constant getting sick and possibly/probably a gastro-reflux issue causing my throat to become irritated...causing my cough. She does not want me to use the inhaler... but feels that zantac would be beneficial for me to take at night. I am gonna try that for a while and see if that helps. She said that my lungs are clear, she can't hear any issues, my nose and ears are clear. She didn't seem to have any issues with my throat.
    So....we shall see if the Zantac helps.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Zantac has been my best friend this pregnancy!!

I hope the zantac helps!

6. Default

Sounds reasonable. I'm hoping it helps all of your tummy issues, too!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

So...I have been naughty and not been checking my blood sugars for the past few days. Today I am gonna get back into the swing of things. Over the past few days I have not really been watching what I eat, so to speak, but I have had ice-cream, and all kinds of stuff I really haven't been wanting....whaddya know....my fasting this morning was 89!
    I also caught up with a friend on Facebook, and she had some Winnie the Pooh nursery stuff that I have been looking for....and today I went to pick it up. I ended up getting all of the Winnie the Pooh stuff and a few extra toys for later...all for an amazing price. We were able to catch up...and hopefully here in a few days I will have some more stuff in the baby room.....can't do a whole lot, at least until the crib arrives.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

So, I came to work, and my supervisor and my director asked me if I was supposed to be working....I thought it was a bit off... but it turns out that they threw me a mini party for my little one. They told me that it wasn't a "baby shower", but it was a PINK day because I was having a girl (the last 5ish babies have been boys).
    I have pictures of what I got, but I cannot upload them from work.
    I got some socks, a lot of bows, the cutest pair of silver shoes and some hats with hand mittens.
    So cute and awesome.

Awww, that is so incredible sweet !!!

10. Default

that's so awesome and fun!!

Oh, and congrats on your BS! I think the food aversion has probably been your biggest enemy so far.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

That was so sweet of your coworkers to throw a mini party. How fun

Default Kind of rant....sorry

So, the past week has been rather difficult.

My grandpa has been in the nursing home, and he believed he was going to go home. One doctor made the mistake of telling him he would be out of there on Tuesday, the surgeon who amputated his foot stated he would not go home until the wound vac was off. On last Sunday we went to celebrate both father's day and his birthday, and we had to tell him (again) that he wasn't going home on Tuesday....he was rather upset. When I went back to pick up something I had left in his room, he spent 5 minuets yelling at me in the middle of the hallway in the nursing home for the decision of the doctor, and yelling at me that my mother (who has done anything and everything for him) was letting the power of attorney go to her head, and my sister (who has been living with him, cleaning up after him, missing work to take him to appointments and so much more) is horrible.
    On Thursday I get a text from my mom telling me that my grandpa is refusing to be transferred to a better nursing home, and the he will no longer give my mom updates, and apparently my dad (mom and dad have been divorced almost 6 years now, and grandpa refused to talk to my dad for several years after) is his new best friend, and that my dad will be taking him to his next appointment (my dad recently retired from the police department for medical reasons, he is unable to lift more than like 20 lbs I believe, and will probably be in a wheelchair within the next 9 years ....he is only 51).
    My mom is devastated...and pissed. My sister is completely done with him because of his horrible behaviors. He only has me, my mom, and my sisters to rely on...(he is completely against women in general)...and he is pushing us away. We are really his only family....(well there is my cousin...but he has visited my grandpa all of once in the past year...and that was only because he wanted something). So, my grandpa has been a huge stress..

As for me and Ryleigh:
    Ryleigh has been a stinker. I can feel her (at least I think I can) kick from the outside, but every single time I grab DH so that he can try and feel....she refuses to kick! Prior to this week she was just a wriggling around in there... but since Monday... she has been a kicking away, and I haven't noticed her wriggling much....lol. I haven't been as nauseated as much, but I think I am losing weight again....

Another issue that had come up, and really irritated me (probably mostly hormones) was the fact that my sister (the same one who has been helping grandpa) told me she was going to pick up my crib for me, and then when I tell her that it is ready....she tells me that she can't pick it up because her truck has a tire leak (which she knew about for a while)...so I had to scramble to try and find someone to help us get the crib. I asked a few friends, but no one could help. So, I called my dad. My dad and I have an interesting relationship....and I have numerous reasons for not wanting to ask him for help...and a long track history of not getting help from him anyways.... Anyways....I called dad....and asked to borrow his truck... He then told me that I could fit it into my jeep (which was dead)...when I explained to him it would not fit.....he argued with me about it....he had never seen the box that the crib came in....and told me i just needed to take the seats out of the jeep and it would fit just fine.......again he has never seen the box. There is no way that we can fit it into the jeep, short of completely unpacking it and putting it piece by piece back into the jeep....which I was not going to do. He never did answer me as to if I could just use the truck.
    So I had to tell the store that I could not pick it up Friday. Luckily...a friend who I had asked earlier...went out of his way to fix his truck to go pick up the crib for me....So right now DH and that friend are out getting the crib right now. (AND...it is raining right now....arg)

AND....work has been stressful....but that part is normal. So...yesterday I did really nothing....and today I gotta get the rest of my homework done....and get the crib set up!

What a week!

Lizzy

13. Default

Wow, Lizzy, you have had a crappy week.

I'm sorry about your grandfather and your father. Men!

It's awesome that your friend was able to come through for you (sad when family members drop the ball like that) and you have the crib at the house now.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Ugh, ugh, ugh, I am so incredibly sorry your week didn't go better ...that's an awful lot of crud to deal with for sure !!!

I'm super excited about you getting your crib though ! Which one did you get?

As soon as it is assembled I will put a picture up.....It is one that will be able to made into a full sized bed in the future.....

hope things get better. Very exciting about your crib! It is nice when there are great friends like that! !!!

The Crib!

Love the crib!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

19. Default

Awww, beautiful!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Beautiful! I think ours is from the same company as yours just an earlier model that still supported the drop down side bar.

I had my OB appointment yesterday....I could have swore I posted something....but I guess not.
    Ryleigh seems to be doing fine....
    I totally spaced off letting the doc know about my cough....but...oh well.
    She wanted to talk to me about glucose intolerance test for next appointment....I asked not to because I got so violently sick after both the 1 and the 3 hour....she instead wants me to check (more regularly, since I have not been) my blood sugars and show them to her next appointment to see if we need to do any adjustments....
    I have also gained all of 2 pounds! Which is the first time that I have gained weight!....so yea for me!

I ended up staying home yesterday because I had a bad headache that came out of no where....DH also stayed home to take care of me....which was nice...
    I feel much better today with the headache....but I have a feeling that I will be one of those who just gets sick her entire pregnancy....although I am having more good days than bad.

So...off to work....
    Lizzy

I had my OB appointment yesterday....I could have swore I posted something....but I guess not.
    Ryleigh seems to be doing fine....
    I totally spaced off letting the doc know about my cough....but...oh well.
    She wanted to talk to me about glucose intolerance test for next appointment....I asked not to because I got so violently sick after both the 1 and the 3 hour....she instead wants me to check (more regularly, since I have not been) my blood sugars and show them to her next appointment to see if we need to do any adjustments....
    I have also gained all of 2 pounds! Which is the first time that I have gained weight!....so yea for me!

I ended up staying home yesterday because I had a bad headache that came out of no where....DH also stayed home to take care of me....which was nice...
    I feel much better today with the headache....but I have a feeling that I will be one of those who just gets sick her entire pregnancy....although I am having more good days than bad.

So...off to work....
    Lizzy

so glad your appt went well!! I'm sorry you forgot to mention the cough, oy, I did the same thing about the "tricuspid regurgitation" that was added to my "problem list" on my appt summary, but no one has addressed with me yet...eesh, preggo brain !

The crib is absolutely gorgeous !!!!

Hoping and praying your bs numbers are acceptable so you can skip out on the GTT . Great job on the weight gain, woohoooo !! I always make up for lost time in my third tri, lol, it's almost ridiculous

I'm so sorry about the headache ...super glad dh stayed home with you

Glad you are doing a.bit better!

Glad to hear you are having better days! And yes you did post something, I saw it. Something is wrong with the site cause my posts keep disappearing.

OH! Okay....so I wasn't imagining things!

24 weeks today!
    Still have this cough that won't go away....
    Ryleigh is a moving around constantly....but DH still hasn't been able to feel her yet....(I blame that on my extra padding)

Happy 24wks/viability!!!!!!

happy 24 weeks!!!!!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Wow, 24 weeks. Time is flying!!