Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lizzy/Elizabeth8503

My thing isn't that it is hard....is just that the easiest way for me to "bend" down is to have one foot up in the air...lol
    And over the past few days this little one VERY active....lol....I am so amazed by that....I have a friend whose little boy is now 6 mo old.... and she told me that he was "very lazy" and she was always concerned that something was wrong cause he wasn't moving around much....I don't think I will have that issue at all.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

So excited you have the reassurance of baby's movements...that is fantastic !!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Ever get so violently sick that you are afraid you are gonna accidentally inhale what you shouldn't? Or that you have to gasp for air afterwards? or is it just me?
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Default Mini Update

Able to feel the baby move when I am walking now....which is pretty cool.
    I am having A LOT of gas....burping near constantly....lol
    Still don't have much of an appetite.
    Occasionally have some minor pains in my lower abdomen, but they are rare and I am guessing it is just growing pains....
    Still haven't gained any weight...and may still be losing, although not as much as I was before....
    Fasting blood sugars still between 86-106...
    After I eat blood sugars still below 124....(minus one)

YAY for baby movement! Sorry about the gas though, I am in the same boat. Not like I am burping or passing gas, but its just swirling around down there constantly. Pretty frustrating!!

Now that you are almost 19 weeks along I would start focusing on trying to get as much protein in as you can. I know its tough with the sickness and food aversions but protein is the building blocks of your baby's cells and if you plan on trying to BF it helps big time with that too! I remember you saying that you don't like yogurt, so maybe try some almonds (high protein, high cal), other nuts or cheese sticks? Hope you start feeling better soon.

Keeping my snacks high protein with DS1 was how I weathered the morning sickness, though yours seems more extreme than mine ever was ...

With the gas situation, both ends of the digestive system, I started taking the generic for Zantac and it really made a difference in my gas issues.

I was having "attacks" that I call "back gas" because it's basically gas that's trapped and swirling around my back. SUPER painful and the WORST pregnancy symptom/side effect I've ever had!!! I do, occasionally, have the issue outside of pregnancy but I believe it is intensified during pregnancy because of the slowing down of the digestive system. It was so bad with DS1 that they actually sent me for a gallbladder u/s, that's a common issue during pregnancy, but my gallbladder was just fine. But, once I started taking the zantac, those attacks reduced CONSIDERABLY!! So, it's worth a shot if the gas is really bothering you. I've taken zantac, and other acid reducers, during my previous pregnancies with no obvious issues with my kiddos.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I agree with Dorcas about trying something for the gas . I used prevacid and am now on nexium because of gastritis and it has almost completely taken care of the gas/bloating, nausea, and helped my appetite...now I only have symptoms if I eat gluten or too much dairy (which doesn't sound good anyway so it's usually not a problem). I have never taken zantac, but it's definitely a better starting point than jumping right to the PPI meds. I hope you find something that helps...gas is just miserable !!!

Awwwww, so excited baby's movements are strong enough for you to feel even when you're walking around now, just amazing isn't it !!

I've been feeling a lot of stretching and growing too, especially on the sides and low down. My uterus looks completely different this time and is up higher than it was with my last baby at this point so I think it's pulling on new areas .

I hope your bs continues to look good !!!

So....my fasting blood sugar this morning was 111......I blame that partially on the fact I really didn't eat much before I went to bed.....
    Usually my gas happens just after I eat... the colace is definitely helping with my constipation, although I occasionally get some cramping from constipation....
    If I continue to have issues with the gas/bloating I will try the zantac....
    I have been eating as much protein as I can....I have been eating special K protein bars pretty frequently and ensure plus....when I can.....I also have a trail mix bar with peanuts and almonds that I love....and mostly I am able to keep it down...so that is a plus
    I have no issues with my gallbladder...mainly because it was taken out over 13 years ago....so I don't have to worry about that....LOL...

And my fasting blood sugar this morning was 94....best reading I have had in almost 2 weeks.......had ramen noodles.......got sick.....and didn't test for at least 10 hours....
    Go Figure......

for a good reading this morning!!! LOL, but there sure seems to be little rhyme or reason to it all sometimes...hoping this morning's number begins a positive trend .

In 2 days I get to find out boy or girl! SO EXCITED! And so is DH!!!

Oh my word how exciting, eeeeep !!!!!

I cannot wait to hear...will be staaaaaalking !!

13. Default

Super exciting!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

SO exciting!!! are you hoping for a specific gender either way? what does your gut tell you? its strange but with my first two i was convinced of their gender and the ultrasound was just confirmation that i was right. this time we decided to be team green and im clueless.. i think..

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Both DH and I are hoping a boy....I have a feeling it is a girl.
    DH's father says boy....and he was right with choosing that DH was a boy that that SIL was a girl.......

It's a girl! Will post more later!

Congratulations! Girls are great!

Yay for a healthy baby girl!!!

I am measuring at 19 weeks, 4 days (I am 19w, 5d). She is 11 ounces, and she was very active during the whole ultrasound. I have an anterior placenta, but all is looking good. I have not lost any, nor have I gained any weight. The doc says that she isn't concerned because little Ryleigh is doing just fine. I go back in about 4 weeks for my normal check up. I will have pictures later. I am at work, and DH has the CD with all the pictures. She had her hands up by her face most of the time, and she didn't want to move it. It took a while for the US person to be able to get a picture of both feet and hands, because she was being stubborn. She also refused to allow us to get a good picture of her face.

Aww she has a name already!! YAY! Sounds like a great appointment and great progress!

Yay for a little girl!!! Love the name!
    *Sara-27**Lee-27* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

**TTC since 08/01/14. 1500mg of Metformin and 2.5mg Femara**

22. Default

Simon had his hands around his face all the time. He is a thumb sucker. So cute!! Congrats on a healthy baby girl!! I know it's not the gender you were hoping for, but kudos on your intuition being right!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Congrats!!

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Congrats on your baby girl!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Awww, I loooove her name !!!!!! Huge congrats on a healthy little girl!

Thank you all!
    She is an active one....my little Ryleigh Ann....
    I am starting to feel some kicks...actual kicks.... the ultrasound tech said that because I have the anterior placenta I may not feel as many "kicks"....but she is sure a moving........
    The nausea is not going away....I am kind of in this catch 22... I have to either deal with the nausea, or deal with the headache from the Zofran (which seems to be a bit more than it was at first).....
    Still don't really have an appetite... but I am eating....and at least I am not losing anymore...
    I am having a birthday/anniversary/gender reveal type party tomorrow with my mom, dad & step mom, sisters, and step sibs....we are grilling out....now to see if I can actually eat something....lol
    I see my doctor on Monday for my cough that won't seem to stop....I took some cough syrup today....it maybe helped.....
    Hopefully the doctor will have some idea as to WHY I am coughing........(I have a thought it maybe a cough variant asthma or something similar....that is what my mom has....)

OH! and DH and I made our first baby clothes purchase.....we couldn't help it.....
    Last edited by elizabeth8503; 06-07-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Happy 20wks!!!!!

The onesies, bibs, and newborn hats are soooo cuuuuute !!!

Congrats on the baby girl!! And those baby cloths are so adorable. How did the gender reveal party go???

Brenda

It went great! It was a combo party, and I got a lot of things for my little girl, including a sign that my dad held up which said, "NO BOYS ALLOWED BY ORDER OF MANAGEMENT!" that my sister got for me to put in Ryleigh's room. (I have three sisters, so my dad had to deal with four girls)....
    We ate, had fun, talked about who was going to buy what....basically we have all of our big stuff accounted for except a rocker/recliner....which I am currently on the look out for.
    And we got some pretty cool onsies, bibs, and hats as well as a baby blanket.
    It was really nice to be able to see all of my family all at once...(Mom and Dad are divorced now, so it is rare to have them in the same house....)

That sounds like a great party. Happy 20 weeks/ half way