Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lizzy/Elizabeth8503

Blog Entries

Just popping in to say that I can not drink the drink due to a preservative allergy. My first OB had me eat a big carb meal and have my blood drawn two hours later. My second OB had me eat a specific number of jelly beans (I think it coordinated to 50 grams of sugar) and then I had my blood drawn an hour later. The biggest thing for me is to eat a high protein meal or snack about two hours before I eat the jelly beans. Otherwise I am also very queasy and I will actually fail the test on the low side. So, don't fast for this test.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

I was told to fast for this test. I don't know what they are planning on doing with me.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Blog Entries

It seems like half of us are told to fast and half not. I was never told to fast but did so inadvertently last time.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    It seems like half of us are told to fast and half not. I was never told to fast but did so inadvertently last time.
    This. I was told no food for 2 hours before taking the drink, not fasting. So I had a big protein meal then and right after.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Have they done an A1c on you yet?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I think they have....just don't know the results yet....was supposed to hear from them yesterday....forgot to call until it was too late....hopefully will find out on Monday
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

I don't know how long you've had a ticker, but I just noticed it...looooove it !!!!!!

Brittany Dawn did it for me! Isn't it awesome!

waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Awww, it looks great!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

So...in the past 48 hours...I have broke down crying at work....we are way stressed here.... got the news that my grandpa was admitted for a bone infection in his recently amputated stump....had my gestational diabetic education meeting...and found out that my grandpa is having surgery tomorrow to either just clean the wound or amputate further up......

The diabetic educator was great, and DH was able to come. They are having me test four times a day, fasting in the morning and between 1-2 hours after I eat a meal. So far my results are good. I cannot find where I had my A1C level drawn....either they tossed the blood after I got sick, or it disappeared into the never-never land of electronic space.

At my next appointment I am going to take my results in and see if I need to continue to test, or if they want to do further testing. I hope to avoid doing anymore glucose intolerance tests, mainly because they make me so sick for the entire day.... but if they suggest it....I will.

My grandpa in the same hospital where I work, so I can check in on him during breaks, before, and after work if need be. He seems to be doing okay despite everything. I truly believe that he doesn't understand how bad the situation is...and in a way that is a blessing, and in a way it isn't. Whatever will happen, will happen, I just hope he is okay with the results.

~Lizzy

Oh Lizzy, I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about your grandfather !!!! Praying he improves and makes a fully recovery ! I'm so glad you're in the same hospital and can visit, I have no doubt you're a huge comfort to him .

Great news on your appt with the diabetes counselor and even better news that your numbers are looking good so far !!!

Aww I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'm super close to my paternal grandparents so I would be having break downs too.

I'm sure he will love having you check up on him often!

Bummer on the glucose testing. Hopefully it will all work out.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

Gpa is having surgery today....I will be in the hospital, but I will be working. My sister and my mother will be there to update me if something changes, but if it is like his last two surgeries where they took his foot then his lower leg, it shouldn't be too eventful. If something goes wrong, I can easily clock out and my coworkers will understand. I have very little PTO right now, so I am trying to save it in case something drastic happens.

So far my glucose readings are all within normal range.... 90-102-101-86...but I will try and continue to test four times a day and hope that on the 13th...they can say I can ease up on it.....only time will tell on that one.
    Lizzy

Praying for good news about your gpa's surgery today !!

Those are fantastic readings! I hope you're able to scale back on the testing after your appt .

Your readings do look good, they will probably drop you down to twice a day readings. With DS2 I eventually dropped down to checking fasting levels every day and then another level, my choosing, in the same day.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I got the sweetest card from a very good friend of mine today. The card reads:
    Being a Mom is being introduced to a whole new world....
    It's not for the faint of heart of the fond of quiet,
    but it will wake up you up and make you see how much Joy
    is in the littlest, silliest moments.......
    and how much LOVE your happy heart can hold.
    Happy 1st Mother's Day.

She wrote:
    I know your little one isn't here yet, but I just want you to know you are already a great momma!
    You never gave up on your baby!
    I hope you get a day of pampering and Love!
    You are an amazing woman and friend!
    XOXOXOX G, S, and K

That is just so incredibly thoughtful !!! What a great friend!

The verse is just precious and so true !!

That is so sweet!

Aww, that really was super sweet of your friend!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Today I just felt crummy....I even called in to work....which I never do. Almost crampy, but I think that is because I was kinda constipated....(never really had that issue before)...mild headache....just tired.
    Tomorrow is my next OB appointment where I hope to have them say that I don't have to test four times a day anymore....but we shall see.
    My fasting blood sugars are between 86-106 (I rarely am able to test early in the morning....I have a hard enough time just getting awake enough to do anything, let alone test....as I understand the best time to test is 7-8 hours fasting....most of these results are 9-11 hours)
    My 1-2 hour results vary from 79-128 (at least that is good)

I am gonna ask about the random pains I have been having....pretty sure they are normal, but seeing as this is my first pregnancy, I am kinda new to all this....also gonna ask about what happens if I am not really able to gain any weight.... I am continuing to lose weight, although I may have arrived at a point where I have POSSIBLY stopped losing....but I am not really sure. (total weight lost is up to 17 lbs)

Well I have made it to 16 weeks....that's a plus...right?

~Lizzy

I am so sorry you're still feeling so yucky Lizzy !!! I hope your appt goes well tomorrow and you get reduce the amount of glucose testing !!!

I think weight loss is going to be the norm until you really start to feel better...baby will be fine, but it may be exhausting for you . Do you think you could get something like an ensure shake down (and keep it down) every day?

16wks is AWESOME !!!!!

Happy 16wks!!!!!!!!

I have actually thought about doing an ensure type drink.... I can possibly drink one when I feel okay.... most of the time....like way over half the time....I still have no appetite... I have ate a Special K protein bar here or there....and usually that stays down okay... but right now...even that sounds icky...
    I am still getting sick some days, usually only a few times a day luckily....
    My pup still is very concerned every time I get sick....it is kinda cute how she follows me around for a while after I get sick....
    Now to figure out what to eat....or try to eat.......

I had my appointment with the OB today...
    The little one was being a stinker and wouldn't let the doc find a heartbeat, so they broke out the portable ultrasound machine to take a look. The LO was kicking, squirming, opening and closing his (no I don't know that it is in fact a boy yet) mouth, and curled up in a ball facing away from the ultrasound. They did manage to find the heartbeat which was a good strong 155.
    The doc is concerned that I am continuing to lose weight, and went over numerous ways for me to get past the nausea, and instructed me to take the zofran daily, b6 twice a day (again) and half a tab of unisom at night.
    They also want me to continue to monitor my blood sugars four times a day because my fasting is a bit high for them.....
    The doc was also telling me that the flutters that I think was the baby...is probably the baby.
    She told me that if I continue to lose weight in the next few weeks to call her and let her know so that they could re-evaluate things....

I'm surprised that they are still that concerned about the weight loss and that they didn't let you cut down to just fasting and one other time a day. I knew your fasting numbers were going to bother them, but your post meal numbers seem to all be in line.

I thought about you this morning when I tested my BS. I woke at like 6:45 but went back to bed and didn't get up until 7:30. My BS was 99 and it makes me wonder what it would have been at 6:45 and if I should just be getting up and staying up. I will test that out tomorrow morning and let you know.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

This morning I even got up early with my pups to let them go outside, and it was still at 97.....
    I feel like I am in a catch 22....They want me to gain weight, but then they want me also to "watch" what I eat.....arg.

So glad they found baby on US. SO CUTE watching them move around isnt it !!! Grrr must be frusterating to be told watch what you eat, but gain weight. I am sure...I didn't read back through everything but are you underweight for your height prior to pregnancy?

Brenda

Nope....in fact I truly need to lose a bunch of weight overall....they told me that they did not want me to gain more than 15 pounds overall, but as of today, I have lost 18 pounds..

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    Nope....in fact I truly need to lose a bunch of weight overall....they told me that they did not want me to gain more than 15 pounds overall, but as of today, I have lost 18 pounds..
    Ok got it. I thought if you had extra fluff that doctors encouraged weight loss when pregnant. My sister was told to only gain 15 lbs too and she was so discouraged by the actually numbers. I actually came across an article in whole foods that was talking about weight gain/loss in pregnancy and basically that a better diet, with or without weight loss, is safe for women with extra weight prior to pregnancy. But for sure if your doc is concerned then you should go with them. I am not a doctor.

Hopefully things will look up for you soon regarding the weight loss and GD issues too!!! 16 weeks already. Almost 1/2 though!!!

Brenda

Sorry, all the BS stuff seems frustrating. But yay for baby flutters! And super yay to 16+2 weeks!!!!