Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stomach ache after stopping abx?

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Any chance she might have something going on in her ear? Keira gets fluid on her ear-not an infection, just fluid-that will make her vomit when she's not laying down. She will be fine all day in bed or on the sofa but then in the evening decide to get up to shower, read, etc and start throwing up again. Happens a couple times a year, usually after having had a really bad cold obvious stomach virus.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

It does sound strange. I hope u figure it out and she feels better soon

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Any chance she might have something going on in her ear? Keira gets fluid on her ear-not an infection, just fluid-that will make her vomit when she's not laying down. She will be fine all day in bed or on the sofa but then in the evening decide to get up to shower, read, etc and start throwing up again. Happens a couple times a year, usually after having had a really bad cold obvious stomach virus.
    I have no idea. I was thinking maybe it's a dizzy, balance type thing too but she doesn't seem off balance when she is walking, just weak. She took a 10 min shower on her own (I was standing by the tub) and was putting her head with her eyes closed. If she were at all unsteady I would think that position would totally throw her off. She was fine. Like I said she is a bit weak but she has been laying on the couch for almost 2 days straight now. I had her sitting up a little yesterday and she was ok with that. It seems like it's just movement....

She made it through the night totally fine. She is totally herself in terms of mood today but still attached to the couch. She had some pasta this morning and is asking for more food. She says her belly, ears or head do not hurt. Ok so she just got off the couch to come over to me! This is new! She says she feels great and she is really much more herself than she was before. The real test will be when I have to take DD1 to school. DD2 will have to be upright and walking around for a while. She seems different though so I am hoping we are successful.....I was so upset this morning I was totally going to take her in to the doc today! I am going to wait and see and take her later if she throws up again.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Update: So far so good! I think we are in the clear! She is totally her old self and seems like a completely different kid than before. She is sitting up, eating, she isn't even concerned with her bucket. She is not complaining that her belly hurts at all and she appears to be keeping everything down!

Thank GOODNESS. I was SO headed to the doc today too. And to top it off I thought it was going to rain all day but it's not now and it's sunny and warm and we are getting OUTTA HERE. Gosh I needed this break. It's seriously been 3 weeks of health issues.....

Wonderful! I'm so glad she's doing better and you get a break from the sickies.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

So glad she's feeling better. I hope it holds for you guys and you can enjoy some spring weather!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Glad that she is finally feeling better!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks everyone! Still going strong. I am afraid to jinx it but I do think we are out of the woods. Although she is packing in some lunch now so I am hoping I don't get any returns! She had some toast with PB & jelly this morning and some grapes and so far all that stayed. She is drinking a ton too....

Yay! So happy for her and you! Health issues are sooooo draining.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Quote Originally Posted by tanyachap View Post
    Yay! So happy for her and you! Health issues are sooooo draining.
    Tell me about it! This is week 3! And now I think DD3 may have it