Thread: Period all done :) time to try again!

Default Period all done :) time to try again!

Yay AF is all done . Hey I wanted to ask you ladies, thinking of taking some supplements for boosting fertility, what do you all recommend that you've used?
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

Yay!

Some of the supplements are specific to certain times in your cycle.

You can do EPO (evening primrose oil) until you ovulate and then you stop it.
    Black Cohosh -- but you only do that while on AF.
    (maybe obvious) but prenatals all the time.
    B-complex can help but I never tried it.

I know there are other things, so someone else is going to have to fill in my gaps.

Supplements can help but it can also take time for them to work, so if you're not seeing immediate effects try not to feel discouraged by that!

I recently read the 21day fertility diet and have add some of those tips to my diet. I just googled fertility diet and was able to down load it.

Some tips: drink at least 64 oz of water a day, 32 of those first thing in the morning. Fertility smoothie, 1 large salad a day, juicing and 2 servings of leafy greens. I put some greens in my smoothies. Herbs recommended maca, royal jelly, bee pollious (sp?)and a few others but I forget what.

I feel my energetic since starting this.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't taking my vitamins as much... but I have started again. Taking a prenatal, fish oil, garlic, ginger, folic acid. Those are all I have right now. I have some Maca powder I need to use up, so I think I will try and implement that in a night desert shake or something. I can do chocolate slimfast, crushed ice, peanut butter, and a scoop of the Maca powder. Thinking about going in for some acupuncture treatments or something too. Going to start some yoga each day and walking too. woot.
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

I just wanted add that the fertility diet recommendations are to avoid protein shake that have soy and cut back on other products that have it as an ingredient. Soy is in a lot of foods and can cause estrogen dominance.