Thread: It's Scheduled

Default It's Scheduled

I just got a call from my doctor. I was surprised that she called me personally. I don't think I have ever gotten a call from her. It has always been a nurse or someone else.

Anyway, the hospital only allows c-sections to be scheduled 3 times a day. They have openings on Wed April 2 and Friday April 4th. She told me she thought it better to schedule the c-section on the 4th because it is the 2nd section of the day and the one on the 2nd is the third. She said she is doing the first c-section of the day on the 4th and so knows that she will be done in a timely manner so I won't have to wait all day. The one on the 2nd is iffy at best and she worries I will be waiting around all day with nothing to eat.

So I agreed to schedule the c-section on April 4th. I arrive at 8am and she said the section will likely happen around 9:30am. If I go into labor earlier, she said to just go to L&D and they will call her and they will do the c-section then.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

SO no Version? Or are they still going to try the version?

either way at least now you can get mentally prepared for the big day better. I would want it that way. Do you feel better having it scheduled or more nervous?
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Quote Originally Posted by mariahpoo2 View Post
    SO no Version? Or are they still going to try the version?

either way at least now you can get mentally prepared for the big day better. I would want it that way. Do you feel better having it scheduled or more nervous?
    BP was too high at my last appointment and so the ECV depends on BP. With both my other pregnancies, once my BP started climbing it pretty much stayed that way. So I have little hope that it will be within normal range.

I don't feel better per se but I think it just hasn't sunk in yet. I feel like there is a chance I will go into labor before that date based upon my BP going up and the signs I have been having. A contraction woke me up last night. It was a long one, too, and they are hurting more and more and it is hard for me to ignore them. I woke up this morning thinking about getting my bag ready with clothes, shampoo, a pillow, etc. I think I will do that this weekend just in case. I have it somewhat packed already but not completely.

I am not scared as of yet but I don't like the idea of being awake when I am being cut into. My dr is awesome and I really trust her so that helps.

I was wondering also about the inversion?

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    BP was too high at my last appointment and so the ECV depends on BP. With both my other pregnancies, once my BP started climbing it pretty much stayed that way. So I have little hope that it will be within normal range.

I don't feel better per se but I think it just hasn't sunk in yet. I feel like there is a chance I will go into labor before that date based upon my BP going up and the signs I have been having. A contraction woke me up last night. It was a long one, too, and they are hurting more and more and it is hard for me to ignore them. I woke up this morning thinking about getting my bag ready with clothes, shampoo, a pillow, etc. I think I will do that this weekend just in case. I have it somewhat packed already but not completely.

I am not scared as of yet but I don't like the idea of being awake when I am being cut into. My dr is awesome and I really trust her so that helps.
    How high was your bp? Will they try again?

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    How high was your bp? Will they try again?
    It was pre-hypertensive - 132/82 and 122/87 were the two readings I had yesterday. They will check my BP again before a version is decided upon.

I hope he flips! He's being stubborn already ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    I hope he flips! He's being stubborn already ;)
    Maybe I am being pessimistic but I just feel like he is not going to move. I am to the point now that I don't care like I did anyway. I am getting more tired every day and can tell my body is getting ready to go into labor. My back has been hurting all day and all I want to do is go lay down. I also want people to stop talking, especially when I get home from work. My poor kids probably think I am being Ms. grouchy but I just want silence, you know? My DD never stops talking and is always kissing my tummy. I have to get away from her because I feel like pushing her hands away and I don't want to hurt her feelings. Thankfully DH has been taking the kids outside as soon as he gets home so I can have quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    Maybe I am being pessimistic but I just feel like he is not going to move. I am to the point now that I don't care like I did anyway. I am getting more tired every day and can tell my body is getting ready to go into labor. My back has been hurting all day and all I want to do is go lay down. I also want people to stop talking, especially when I get home from work. My poor kids probably think I am being Ms. grouchy but I just want silence, you know? My DD never stops talking and is always kissing my tummy. I have to get away from her because I feel like pushing her hands away and I don't want to hurt her feelings. Thankfully DH has been taking the kids outside as soon as he gets home so I can have quiet.
    I have been feeling the same way. My patience is really being cut short especially with my kids. It's hard when you don't feel good. He may not move but it would be wonderful if he did! As long as you can accept the fact that you have to have a csection then I hear recovery is a lot better.

I'm still crossing everything for you hoping that he flips. But, wow how exciting to have the date scheduled And being mentally prepared for a C-section is way better I would imagine. I have heard great recovery stories from so many women when it came to their C-sections, so much so, that they would rather have a section than a natural birth. You are strong and healthy and recovery will probably be quick for you!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Sorry you didn't get a chance to try the version.

A scheduled section is easier to recover from than an emergency one, so that will help you get back to independence sooner, that's something.

Sending you peaceful thoughts for the rest of your pregnancy!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

134/84 was mine and my doctor didn't even blink. Eek. I hope he flips. Hugs. C-section is not that all bad. Just hurts like, well, a lot to walk after it for a couple of days.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    134/84 was mine and my doctor didn't even blink. Eek. I hope he flips. Hugs. C-section is not that all bad. Just hurts like, well, a lot to walk after it for a couple of days.
    My dr wasn't really concerned about it but she did take note. Mine likes to creep up and then it skyrockets around labor. When I went into L&D with DS it was 165/109. The appointment prior it was 130/82. Apparently my body doesn't like going into labor. lol

Eek. Hope you don't get it that high again!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I'm sorry to hear that he is breech! I too hope he decides to flip but it must be nice knowing that you will at least have him in your arms a week from today!!! That's so awesome
    Kim-26 DH-26 Figuring out how to be a SAHM!