Thread: Cloth Pads Help Please

Question Cloth Pads Help Please

I ordered some of e-bay to try out and get started before committing completely I ordered a set of 6 pads. I need help trying to figure out a good amount of them I figure 6 would be good for one day and use a disposable at night while the are in the wash to wash all at once but, I am not sure how many to order if I love them I was thinking maybe 20-30? Ideas?

i built up my stash very slowly. I have over 30 now but I don't use them all every cycle and I often wash every other day. I dont have a particularly heavy cycle either, so that would factor into things too.

DO they have pul or some other waterproof barrier? I just can't see practicality of them without it, but then again I've never liked pads either. =/
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    DO they have pul or some other waterproof barrier? I just can't see practicality of them without it, but then again I've never liked pads either. =/
    Yes that are all in one with PUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    All of mine have fleece as a barrier. I have never had an issue with leaks with cloth pads. I can't stand disposable pads, and I don't think these really compare. Since switching to cloth (and a cup sometimes), my periods have been lighter and less painful.

TO the OP, I know some people do not like PUL in their pads because it isn't very breathable. If you find that you do not like it, give fleece a try It doesn't bother some people though

Quote Originally Posted by i.<3.cheesysmiles View Post
    All of mine have fleece as a barrier. I have never had an issue with leaks with cloth pads. I can't stand disposable pads, and I don't think these really compare. Since switching to cloth (and a cup sometimes), my periods have been lighter and less painful.

TO the OP, I know some people do not like PUL in their pads because it isn't very breathable. If you find that you do not like it, give fleece a try It doesn't bother some people though
    Thanks yeah I was going to give it a try- the seller has all fleece too.

I've also heard it shouldn't disturb the natural PH balance though I might be wrong about that. I don't really like using tampons either unless I swim but, they've never been that comfortable for me.
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 03-01-2014 at 10:48 AM.

I use roughly 8-10 a cycle but have a stash of 20 pads, not including liners which I use everyday. Mine are fleece backed, no pul & also rarely have leaks. I have light, normal, heavy & PP of various lengths. I only use traditional pads if I'm traveling for more than a couple days or on long drives when I'm heavy as I pass huge clots.

Quote Originally Posted by As Is View Post
    I use roughly 8-10 a cycle but have a stash of 20 pads, not including liners which I use everyday. Mine are fleece backed, no pul & also rarely have leaks. I have light, normal, heavy & PP of various lengths. I only use traditional pads if I'm traveling for more than a couple days or on long drives when I'm heavy as I pass huge clots.
    This defiantly helps a lot thanks!