Thread: Pre-birth Connection/Impressions

Default Pre-birth Connection/Impressions

I was wondering if any of you all have had flashes of intuition about your LOs? I get them every pregnancy, especially towards the end in the last month or so.

I had started to think that I wasn't ever going to feel connected to this LO. The pregnancy started out so differently - it was unplanned and I really was not pleased overall in the beginning to know I would have a third. I got over it, of course, but for a while I was angry, especially at DH.

Just now, as I was walking to the bathroom, I was thinking of my Elek because he has been so active today. When I thought of his name, I got a flash in my mind of him as a newborn and "knew" things about him. It made me emotional and I had to choke back tears. Thankfully I was in the bathroom. I saw him with dark hair and sky blue eyes like my grandmother's eyes. I instantly recognized how different he would be from my other two in looks but very similar in personality to me. I also knew he would have a special place in my heart and be mommy's "baby" in more ways than one.

It means so much to me that I do indeed already have a connection to him, even if it is later in pregancy than it was with my other two. It is funny but the image I saw of him made me wonder who the heck's baby he was. lol Part of me hopes he won't be so dissimilar from my other two, but considering both me and DH have parents with dark brown hair, it is very much a possiblity. I always envied my grandmother because of her dark brown, curly hair and sky blue eyes. It would be cool to have a child who resembled her.

So far, my intuitive flashes/knowingness about my other two has been spot on. I knew DD would be a girlie girl and be very cautious in life. So far she is so girly she already asked to get a pedicure/manicure for her birthday and her favorite thing to do is clothes shop. Ha! I knew DS would have a big heart and be a mediator of others and that he would be very active and into being outside like his Daddy. From a young age he was the child who when other children threw tantrums to get a certain toy from him he would just calmly offer it up along with a hug.

So what have been your impression of your LO? I would love to hear them!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

That sounds amazing.

As for me... I do have flashes... but I don't know what to think of them. I guess we will have to see when she gets here.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

That sounds amazing.

As for me... I do have flashes... but I don't know what to think of them. I guess we will have to see when she gets here.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Quote Originally Posted by mariahpoo2 View Post
    That sounds amazing.

You should pay attention to them. I believe that our babies communicate with us before they are born - that their "soul" is already in place and with us, kind of like a guardian angel. They come to us in our dreams as well and if we pay attention we can see/hear them. This has been my experience, anyway. But then again, I knew I would have a girl and then a boy when I was a teenager, over a decade before I ever met DH and became pregnant. I also knew that if I had a third child it would be a boy, but was in denial about him. Not so much now, though! haha!

I had one this morning! I was making pancakes, just like how my mom did when I was little. And then, just like it was happening this 7-9 year old girl comes bouncing in to the kitchen to see about the pancakes. She had light brown, fine hair --in pigtails, which I thought was funny because I'd never do my hair before breakfast. She had light colored eyes. And she was happy.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I had one this morning! I was making pancakes, just like how my mom did when I was little. And then, just like it was happening this 7-9 year old girl comes bouncing in to the kitchen to see about the pancakes. She had light brown, fine hair --in pigtails, which I thought was funny because I'd never do my hair before breakfast. She had light colored eyes. And she was happy.
    Wow! I love it! Those kinds of "flashes" are the best. Thanks for sharing!

I don't think I made that kind of connection where I could see this boy in my dreams or visions. I saw both girls in my dreams at least once and with dd1 I actually saw how she would look like and she was almost identical. With dd2 I saw her ultrasound a week before we found out her gender and it was almost identical to the actual thing we saw on the screen. I think I've been just so tired and preoccupied with 2 children that this pregnancy is almost surreal to me at times. I seriously wake up to pee at night and I am like, oh, right, I am pregnant, that's why! I have no clue how this baby will look like. And having a boy after 2 girls is such a different experience. I do think about him and what he would look like. I also say prayers for him and talk to him. So... will see!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    I don't think I made that kind of connection where I could see this boy in my dreams or visions. I saw both girls in my dreams at least once and with dd1 I actually saw how she would look like and she was almost identical. With dd2 I saw her ultrasound a week before we found out her gender and it was almost identical to the actual thing we saw on the screen. I think I've been just so tired and preoccupied with 2 children that this pregnancy is almost surreal to me at times. I seriously wake up to pee at night and I am like, oh, right, I am pregnant, that's why! I have no clue how this baby will look like. And having a boy after 2 girls is such a different experience. I do think about him and what he would look like. I also say prayers for him and talk to him. So... will see!
    I understand. With this one I have been really busy as well so I am surprised I had the connection experience that I had. I also find myself using the restroom at night with a similar experience to yours. lol

Db again.

I am jealous. I have not had any visions with my lo. I feel connected to him and talk to him, but I haven't really even had any dreams about him.

Happened again while I was cooking--I think that's going to have a big influence in my family which is great! I was butchering chicken and suddenly I was in the grocery store with Abby (this time about 12, but definitely the same girl I saw before) and she was asking me why I get whole chickens instead of boneless/skinless pieces. So I was explaining it to her that we get better quality, pay less and have bones for stock, etc... But then I realized--there's another kid there, looking bored by the shopping cart! A boy--about 8--looking just like his father LOL! Oh goodness, I wasn't expecting that, I've kind of assumed that we'd be one and done.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Happened again while I was cooking--I think that's going to have a big influence in my family which is great! I was butchering chicken and suddenly I was in the grocery store with Abby (this time about 12, but definitely the same girl I saw before) and she was asking me why I get whole chickens instead of boneless/skinless pieces. So I was explaining it to her that we get better quality, pay less and have bones for stock, etc... But then I realized--there's another kid there, looking bored by the shopping cart! A boy--about 8--looking just like his father LOL! Oh goodness, I wasn't expecting that, I've kind of assumed that we'd be one and done.
    Wow! Cool that you even got to see your future son!

Double post.

I have dreams about my future children. I knew that I would have a little girl with blonde pigtails when I was in college. And another little girl with silky brown hair. I had dreams about them playing in a field. Their faces were never quite in focus but I'm convinced they were my two oldest kids. When my children were first born I had a feeling about their personalities. I knew my oldest would always want a leadership role and my second dd would be a problem solver. With my third dd I knew she was a secret keeper. So far all of them have been spot on. Can't wait to find out what my little man is going to be.
    Melissa(35)+DH(36) DD1, DD2, DD3, and DS born March 25, 2014 love my angel babies

Quote Originally Posted by double m View Post
    I have dreams about my future children. I knew that I would have a little girl with blonde pigtails when I was in college. And another little girl with silky brown hair. I had dreams about them playing in a field. Their faces were never quite in focus but I'm convinced they were my two oldest kids. When my children were first born I had a feeling about their personalities. I knew my oldest would always want a leadership role and my second dd would be a problem solver. With my third dd I knew she was a secret keeper. So far all of them have been spot on. Can't wait to find out what my little man is going to be.
    I love hearing that others also had visions and impressions about their future children. I have always felt it a blessings to have known ahead of time what my children would be like. I also look forward to learning more about my future son.

I still haven't had a single dream or vision about this child! I talk to him of course and dd1 and dh do. But dd2 still has no clue even though he's kicked her a few! Lol

This is so amazing to read ladies!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

The only connection I've got so far is having a thought stuck in my head that the boy is coming at 37 weeks. I wish lol