Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When/how did/will you share the baby news with the world?

Default When/how did/will you share the baby news with the world?

I'll likely wait as long as possible (announced at 18wks last time). My mom, cousin, and bestie know for now and I have you ladies so I don't feel crazy antsy to announce yet . I mostly just want to wait a bit longer before telling my younger kiddos, pg is long for *me*, lol, it must seem like an eternity to them (Thanksgiving is a looong ways away) .

We used to announce right after finding out, but after several losses, we started waiting since it was too painful to have to tell people, especially if they hadn't heard and asked how the pg was going which caught me off-guard and ended up awkward for them .

It might be tough keeping it a secret though...I'll be 10wks at Easter, 13wks on Mother's Day, 17wks at dd's open house, and 21wks by the 4th of July...and I reeeeeally want to wait until the 4th of July to announce...haha, we'll see how realistic that ends up being .

So where is everyone esle at with announcing?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

We are waiting until after we meet with my midwife and heard the heartbeat. So around 12-14 weeks..between easter and mothers day. My close family and friends and you guys know. But that's it for now.

After my appointment next week, when all is well and the heartbeat is heard via doppler, I will likely FB announce. I'm already in maternity clothes and pretty much those who know me IRL know that I am pregnant.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I announced the day I got my first positive beta....(but then again, everybody knew that I was trying the IVF)
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

I've told all the girls at work, my mom and 2 BFFs. I'm thinking I will announce on Mother's Day but I'm not sure. With my mmc we put it on Facebook because I told my dad and he put it on Facebook. I thought since I had seen the HB I would be okay... I kind of feel like people will "judge" me for doing a fun announcement (even tho last time was just a picture of a Detroit tigers bodysuit that said little tigers fan coming in April... Nothing over the top).

I'm also trying to tiptoe around my SILs feelings. She's the youngest of 5 and is often in the shadows. She is pregnant as the result of a 1 night stand, due in May and getting a lot of love and attention right now. I don't want to take that from her.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting an u/s picture printed with the saying "amazing how a baby so small could make a love so big" sending that out to family members and then putting the picture on Facebook.

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Cute idea!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I texted some people and announced to the rest of them on Facebook. LOL Fun stuff right?
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Generally, because I had two miscarriages, we want to wait until 12 weeks (we told everyone around 12 - 13 weeks last time). This time, I told two friends. I think we'll probably tell everyone else (including my work) around Easter this year (I'll be just about 12 weeks).

2/09 6/09 4/14

Our siblings and parents know, as well as my grandma. I've told a few close friends here in CA, but have kept it a secret from my close FL friends (easy to do on the other side of the country). It's killing me not to tell my BFF but she hid her pregnancy from me until 20 weeks so I don't feel too guilty.

I'll probably wait to announce until after I have the NT scan. I'm trying to choose between two options 1) DS with a big bro shirt and a sign that says Best Birthday Present Ever since I'm due on his birthday, or 2) DS in a t shirt I bought him in PR with a sign that says "My parents went on a cruise and all I got was this t shirt and... THIS (with a pic of the ultrasound of course). I like the first one and DH likes the latter.
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Hmmm they're both cute. I think I like the birthday one tho!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

I have a friend who is due on her DS2's birthday and she made him a shirt that said "I'm going to have to share my birthday!"

I like the cruise setup. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Ive made easter cards with our family drawn as chickens and a little egg in a basket with a question mark on it and with the text "look what easter bunny brought us " cant wait to send them...

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

My immediate family and friends know. I won't announce on fb until we see a hb and know all will be ok. If babe is still measuring behind at the next us we will wait longer.

I just saw something on FB about "please don't make pregnancy a joke on April 1st" ... that's when I'm having my next appointment and figured I'd announce on FB.

Glad I saw that because I certainly wouldn't want anyone to think I was joking and I certainly wouldn't want to step on anyone's TTC toes, either!

I guess I'll announce on April 2nd.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

My close family and friends know. I will tell all after Monday's u/s.

I found out a week before my AF was due that we were expecting. I had a very bad scare that I was losing the baby at 5-6ish weeks (bright red gushes). The u/s that day showed a diamond ring baby, with the diamond beating away. I shared early as every baby deserves to be celebrated for however long we have it.

6 weeks ago we had a scare and this week we had a scare. I am glad we are celebrating this baby...

Okay, I am finally think of announcing on Mother's Day. I don't have FB but I did just recently start an Instagram account so I might do up a cute photo of the kids with the u/s pic and post it.

So far my parents and siblings know, Shaun's mom and siblings know, and my grandparents. I think letting my kids know on moms day will be really fun! (Oh, and my two cousins on APA know but are sworn to secrecy)
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

So many creative ideas !

I really like the idea of lining up a pair of each of my kids shoes along with a pair of baby booties. Or even getting all the kids big sibling shirts (or making them) that match and taking a pic. I also think it would be funny to say that a turkey won't be the only thing to be stuffed this November. Bwahahaha.

Well looks like we'll be telling sooner than expected. My dearest hubby told his good friend at church we were expecting. Well that friend told his wife (who is known to be the WORST EVER PERSON on keeping secrets). And i've been getting text messages and facebook messages from all sorts of church members asking if I am pregnant. So we went ahead and told our pastor he can officially announce the pregnancy this weekend.Our church isn't too big. About 300 members (not including children). So word gets around quick. But i'll probably not post anything official on facebook for a little while. I was planning on doing the shoe picture. I have a pair of newborn shoes from my DH that are soooooo adorable. So i'll probably use those shoes for the new baby. It will probably look something similar to this idea in the pic I attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pants; 04-04-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Brenda

Aww, Brenda, I love it ! I'm sorry you were kinda rushed into announcing though !

That is super cute! Sorry you were "outed" before you were ready!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Brenda,

Yes super cute! I was thinking something similar but putting the baby's u/s pic nestled into the shoes.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Awesome, I just basically texted my mom, dad, and my sisters, but then again they all knew that I was going through IVF....everyone else found out by facebook....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

So my mother in law told everyone..i mean everyone...i was planning on sending out an easter card but since everyone already knows im not sure, and since this is my last pregnancy i was really hoping someone would congratulate me or i could see the look of surprise on faces....so i phoned my mom got her to make shirts and posted this photo to facebook...so unlike me and i hope i dont regret it but this momma was desperate for some congrats!

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

OMGosh I LOVE those shirts! So cute!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Awwww Ali, those are soooo cuuuuute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super cute shirts...

Love the shirts!! I agree with your son's, cookies do sound better lol.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

So. My first appointment and sono is May 5th. I am thinking, if everything looks good, we see that little heartbeat and the Doc gives us the ok, I will announce on Mother's Day! I would be almost 9 weeks. I have found a few announcements I could use, which is your favorite?? They can be customized for me, and I would probably use more neutral colors! (Sorry so big)