Thread: So...who's "AMA"?

Default So...who's "AMA"?

LOL, any other "oldies" ?

With my last baby they offered a consult with MFM because I was going to be over 35 when I delivered, but I declined. This time I'll be 38 when I deliver and I'm starting out with MFM (age is just one of several factors)...wondering how different my care will be...haven't had ob care since my oldest was born 18yrs ago (I saw midwives).

Anyone opting for genetic counseling or an MFM consult due to age?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Nah...I'll be 35 next month...but I'm sticking with MW and I won't be doing any extra testing or counseling. I Sure don't feel am a..lol

I'm 35. No one has mentioned the AMA term to me, and I don't know if anything is really much different from my OB's perspective. I'm with the same group as delivered both boys, so it's not like they're going to send me to a different doc for this pregnancy.

I wanted to do the MaterniT21 test just for early gender determination, but I really don't want to know the Trisomy details, so I'm guess I should probably just not bother with it and wait for the 20 week u/s for gender.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I had think about what that meant, all I could think of was "against medical advice" lol.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

ALL of my doctors brought up AMA this and that. lol My midwife said nothing, but then again I was already nearing the end stages of pg. Still, I love her so much.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I am AMA and none of my doctors or nurses have said anything or treated my pregnancy differently other than the Harmony test at 10 weeks. I keep bringing it up, and they are like, meh, we're not concerned. I thought my pregnancy would be treated as high risk, but it turned out not to be the case!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

AMA may not be until 38 now....at least that is the understanding I got from my RE, but I don't have to worry about that for a while...(I am 28, 29 when I deliver)
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

I am going to an MFM due to AMA and no other reason. My Ob referred, but the nurse at the MFM who scheduled me is like, is that the only reason you're coming? Lol. So we will see what happens next week when I see them.

I am! I have to see the MFM for my first trimester screening and my OB told me yesterday that because of my age (39), they won't let me go beyond my due date and may possibly induce a week early?
    Four Gulls - Mary

I will be 38 as well. I opted out. It wouldn't change our decision to have the baby if it is abnormal...

If this baby sticks, I'll be 40 when I deliver. I wouldn't do anything other than the nuchal and the big ultrasound. (No amnio or CVS)

2/09 6/09 4/14 9/14

I think if age was the only factor for me I'd opt out too . I'll be getting all noninvasive testing that they recommend (no amnio or cvs)...we aren't finding out gender unless there's an issue specifically pertaining to that. We would opt to carry a baby as long as possible if there were issues, but we do want a head's up so we can prepare as much as possible.

My OB said amnios weren't even necessary anymore, they can now test for everything via blood tests. I am open to non invasive testing.

Quote Originally Posted by elle77 View Post
    My OB said amnios weren't even necessary anymore, they can now test for everything via blood tests. I am open to non invasive testing.
    Wow....that is interesting.....will have to let the DH know....cause he was asking about that!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I had think about what that meant, all I could think of was "against medical advice" lol.
    !!!