Thread: progesterone supplements

Default progesterone supplements

Anyone else on supplements and reeeeally looking forward to being done with them, lol ?

I'll be taking them until 12wks...halfway there and cannot wait !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

April 13th is my last day of estrogen, progesterone, and aspirin ....and I truly cannot wait. IM progesterone is literally a pain in my arse....the aspirin and estrogen I don't care either way.... but the IMs are really not my favorite....(I will have had them for three solid months....)
    I swear, next time around I am just going to have Xs tattooed on my arse....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

I had them with Carter and the smell of a certain handsoap STILL makes me gag because I associate it with using them (I used it to wash my hands after insertion).
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

Yes, I'm on suppositories also. With my 3 children I was on until 12 weeks but my doc has me until 14 weeks this time. She said do what I felt comfortable with 12-14. I hate the random gushes throughout the day though.... It freaks me out. Plus, ugh, I can't wait to not have to change my pantiliner 4+ times a day..... You know just the normal pregnant 2x a day, lol
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I'm taking them orally, so I have less bother than the rest of you ladies, still I'm looking forward to feeling like I'm "out of the woods" and no longer having to pay $100+ for the script. I think I'm on them through week 13, though. It'll also be nice to no longer have the levels checked. All of that in the first trimester means that I'm only 1k away from meeting my family deductible of $2,500. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Oh man Docas, so pricey but so worth it.....

Story,
    The original price for my endometrin 100 mg 28week supply was $619
    (28 week supply because I am ordered 200mgs a day, since they only carry 100mg I use two a day and it becomes 14 wks) after some insurance work I paid $10
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Wow, good for you!! Yes, pricey but totally worth it. That could be said of children in general.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Wow, Dorcas, that seems like a lot to pay ...is it just prometrium? I'd actually rather take them vag than orally...I literally can't function if I take them orally because they cause so much dizziness for me !

No matter the route I guess it's just plain inconvenient, but like you ladies said...totally worth it !!!

TTC and pg supps can be so expensive out-of-pocket ! My med cycles are on the low end as far as tx cycles go and without insurance the meds would cost me about $1000, but I pay less than $100 (the entire cycle is around $5000 without insurance and like I said, that's for low-dose meds). You know what's really crazy...my ins co has paid out almost $40,000 in RPL-related costs on me in the last year (we've paid around $5000 out of pocket). It's really just insane!

This is my first pregnancy without them but i know how you ladies feel! Hoping time goes fast and you can be done with supps soon

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Kelly, I don't know how I missed your reply earlier. At $100+ for a 300mg 30 day supply ... I believe I've got a generic! It says "Progesterone - Substituted for Prometrium." Ha!

I have CIGNA (health savings account) and a $2,500 family deductible that I have to meet before it goes 80/20. I do get $200 for what I call the "big brother blood draw" where they run your labs through work and I get $400 for a Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies program ... so $600. I've already spent $1,500 ytd. The only problem is that I don't get the $400 until a couple of weeks after the baby is born. I will have to pay out of pocket (I put $25 a check into the HSA and I'm about to be through my roll over for last year) for a chunk of that ... and I'm not sure how it all works out in the end since I'll still be putting money into the HSA at every check.

All this financial stuff was a huge source of anger with my m/c last year because I spend so much in the 1st trimester on blood draws and progesterone ...

The good news is, I will TOTALLY reach my deductible before delivery! And, once my deductible has been met my maternity costs are covered 100%.

Didn't mean to hijack the progesterone thread and turn it into a maternity cost thread, but man this stuff gets expensive FAST.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Ali, how did you get away without progesterone this pregnancy?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I will be dropping my dose to 200mg 1x/d (currently doing 2x/d) at 10wks since the placenta begins taking over progesterone production at that point and hopefully, that'll help reduce my odds of getting another YI...the constant moisture from the supps is not helping.

Less than 3wks and I won't have the goops during the day anymore, lol, yaay ! Ha, which will be the day before Easter...that should make holiday traveling much more comfortable