Thread: Today is ultrasound day...

Default Today is ultrasound day...

So nervous! This will be the first time we see our little bean. Just praying everything is healthy and normal. My appointment isn't until 5:40 pm ET, so if I don't update tonight, I will tomorrow. Please keep us in your thoughts/prayers!

Best of luck today!

Good luck! Hoping for a great outcome!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Gah what a long wait!! Hoping for great news too!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Many kind thoughts and prayers!!
    Four Gulls - Mary

Praying for wonderful news !!!!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Praying for good news...

I'm sorry your appointment is SOOO late, but so exciting regardless.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Good luck!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Ack, lol, why is your appt so late ...I'm so impatient ...cannot wait to hear about your little bean

Well, that was quite possibly one of the most confusing and upsetting appointments I've ever had. I really, really hate this doctor - I need to find a new one asap.

He took literally two seconds to do the transvag ultrasound. Found the gestational sac, yolk sac and fetus. No heartbeat. However, I have had ultrasounds in the past where the heartbeat took a little while to find. He was like, "no heartbeat!" But then he proceeded to tell me it was obvious I wasn't 8 weeks pregnant, but more like 6. I told him I KNEW when I conceived (we had sex ONCE and I have ovulation pains, plus I got a BFP 10 days after we had sex). Kept telling me I was most likely only six weeks pregnant and my dates were off. Tries to prove it by measuring the first thing he sees. Then he tells me hey, you're not bleeding, so I'm not worried. THEN he orders two HCG tests - one for tomorrow, one for Saturday saying that'll tell us if the pregnancy is ok. Yeah, unless of course I'm EIGHT weeks and you keep thinking I'm SIX, in which case it's not going to double and you're going to tell me there's a problem.

Here's what's going on:

- My pregnancy symptoms are as strong as ever - nausea, sore boobs, extremely tired.
    - I think he didn't take enough time to look for the HB.
    - I believe he measured PART of the baby.

Ugh. So, now I have to go for the blood work, and wait until April 16 for another ultrasound (he wanted me to come back April 9, but I'm going to be out of state that week). I don't know - I don't have a bad feeling at all about this pregnancy, and like I said, I have tons of symptoms. I'm throwing my hands up at this point. I took a pregnancy test tonight and it was so dark, the control line was light. I just don't know
    Last edited by Aelith; 03-26-2014 at 06:06 PM.

2/09 6/09 4/14

I would find another doctor ASAP. Even early measurements can be off and if he didn't take the time to look long enough he may have easily been off. Especially with the transvaginal ones and position of the fetus. That guy sounds like an insensitive douche.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

oh my word, that is just awful!!! I'm so sorry...how horribly insensitive of him, I would be so upset !!

Betas at this point are ridiculous...not an indicator of the health of the pg *at all*, ugh !

Eesh, so frustrated for you and having to wait that long for a repeat u/s is just torture...I'd call and ask them to repeat it next week. We did see a hb today and my RE is still doing another one in a week for my sake...it's not an unreasonable request at all!

I'm so sorry about your experience! I would either get a new doc or request another u/s! Hoping you get some answers soon!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Now I'm really starting to doubt - everything I'm googling is saying you can still have symptoms with a non-viable pregnancy. With both my other miscarriages, I lost all my symptoms. I really hope I'm not having another miscarriage; I can't handle a third miscarriage

2/09 6/09 4/14

I hope you're not having a 3rd m/c, too. Step away from Google!! I didn't have symptoms with my m/c either. Let's go with the positive train of thought as long as we can!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I would schedule with another OB as soon as possible and drop the old one like a bad habit......but that is just what I would do......
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    I would schedule with another OB as soon as possible and drop the old one like a bad habit......but that is just what I would do......
    Agreed, you should feel comfortable and safe with your ob whether its good news or not you should feel partnership! Hugs!

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Stay strong. With my first baby (who is 6 today) I "knew" when I ovulated, had sex and implanted. My (baby) daughter was 2 weeks behind schedule of when "it is suppose to happen." I had no symptoms and an uneventful pregnancy. But my AF's are 35+- days apart as well...

Stay strong. Yes get another ob asap. That was awful. You need a supportive doc either way. Hugs...and praying for good news for you.

I hope you find a new ob and hear better news
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    Now I'm really starting to doubt - everything I'm googling is saying you can still have symptoms with a non-viable pregnancy. With both my other miscarriages, I lost all my symptoms. I really hope I'm not having another miscarriage; I can't handle a third miscarriage

Praying your little bean is perfect ♡!!!