Thread: Spotting before period?

Default Spotting before period?

Has anyone had this happen? Trying to wean 2.5 year old so not sure if it is
    Related? Happened the first time in November (I had decreased nursing a lot at this point), assumed it was just a fluke. But now this is the 2nd or 3rd month it's happening again. Do you think my hormones are whacky? My yearly is in 2 weeks so I will address with doc as well....

It could be from weaning and the change in hormones I've had some break through bleeding that only lasts like day occasionally.

It's for 2-5 days prior to period starting?

yes, frequently. I just talked to my dr about it this week and she felt it was most likely low progesterone. i have had fibroids in the past that caused spotting before and after my period,so i had some months with only a few days without something going on, i was hoping i wasnt heading back there!

its possible the weaning is effecting your hormone levels. other than giving hormones im not sure what you can do. I decided to live with it for now, but will look into natural remedies. Oh, she did suggest B6 vitimans.

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    yes, frequently. I just talked to my dr about it this week and she felt it was most likely low progesterone. i have had fibroids in the past that caused spotting before and after my period,so i had some months with only a few days without something going on, i was hoping i wasnt heading back there!

its possible the weaning is effecting your hormone levels. other than giving hormones im not sure what you can do. I decided to live with it for now, but will look into natural remedies. Oh, she did suggest B6 vitimans.
    Thanks for the tip! Do you think it will impact getting preggo in the future? We hope to have one more bambino so this is scaring me!! EEK. I wanted to wait a couple years. I had low progesterone and m/c before my first. it was low again with my first but i didnt' treat it and baby was fine. Normal for other 2 preggies. Wonder if that is related.

Blog Entries

I routinely spot before AF for as long as I can remember.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

I never spotted, ever until I gave birth to my last baby. I had a tubal then and every cycle I have had I have spotted. I typically spot for 2-3 days and then have a horrible flow for 2-3 days then it tappers off with more spotting for 4 days. It is never ending!

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)