Thread: HELP! False Negative Pregnancy Tests?

Default HELP! False Negative Pregnancy Tests?

I am on cycle day 32 and am approximately 1-2 days late! I have had no spotting or blood at all! I know that I ovulated on either March 6th or 7th. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was NEGATIVE! I was really surprised. I thought it would be positive as I am having signs that I could very well be pregnant. My boobs hurt I have a blueish tint on my V. I am NEVER this late. What are the chances that I am getting a false negative. The test that I took was a Target Brand Up and Up test that says it can be used days BEFORE your expected period is to arrive. I used first morning urine also! Please give me some advice here. I want to call my doctor for a blood test but I don't want them to think i'm crazy plus I have a feeling if I call them and request a blood test and tell them that I have not received a positive home test they will say no anyways. HELP!

Blue dye tests are notorious for being problematic, so I might try using a pink dye test instead. Also 1-2 days late can happen for no reason occasionally--which is super frustrating if you're TTC.

A negative at this point is just a maybe, you're not out until AF shows! GL!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

What is a blue dye test? Is that what the Up & Up Target Brand of test is a blue dye test? What is the best kind of test to take with the lowest amount of HCG detectable? Thanks for your response!!

It's the color of the dye used in the test, either pink or blue. I tried to find a good side by side the difference but my google skills are not helping me right now.

I think most ladies here prefer the First Response Early Response (FRER) hpts.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I took a Quick Response test just now and it was NEGATIVE! UGH. LOL. How often do people get false negatives on this brand of test?

First Response test sorry

The first month I was TTC, I had a 42 day cycle. Just a fluke thing. Went back to normal the next month.

If you are pregnant and you are getting negative tests, it is most likely because not enough hcg has built up for the test to pick it up. Some tests are more sensitive to it than others.
    A false positive is extremely rare.
    Right now you are at the wait and see stage, which is maddening, I know. You just have to wait until AF comes or you get that little pink line! Good luck!

with my first i tested 2 days after no period.. it was negative. i tested again 8 days later and got a positive. so i would wait it out and test again in a week or longer if no af.

I started to "spot" today. I am a few days late now and it is so very little but I am also almost too far past implantation time. What the heck is going on! I have a little cramping but nothing terrible. I did not have implantation bleeding with my first 2 pregnancies. I'm so confused! The "spotting" is so little. It isn't hardly enough to even wear a pad for. It is pretty much only when I wipe nothing in panties. Negative first response test yesterday. I ovulated approximately 14-15 days ago! Last period was February 17th.

I really want some honest opinions here. Do you think I am starting my cycle or do you think that I am pregnant? I can't stand these crazy "tricks" my body is playing on me. lol!

i spotted with my first pregnancy but not my second. ( i was 7 wks pg w/#2 before i even know i was pg)
    try to be patient, stressing out about it will only make it worse
    i suggest trying to not think about it for the next week and if you get af then you have a late af. if you don't get her then test again. you could of ovulated later than you think or you may just have a whonky cycle.
    patience is key and only you and your dr can determine whats really going on if you are super worried that there is a problem then contact your dr. but i would wait it out.

I think I might call my doctor. I would like to start clomid soon if I am not pregnant. I used clomid to get pregnant the first time. The second baby came 1 year later oh her own . I thought after being able to get pregnant easy the second time that the third wouldn't be an issue but that isn't the case!

The discharge has picked up a little but not a lot. It is mainly when I wipe but there is a very small amount on panty liner. It is brown and sometimes "stringy" looking. Ideas......spotting or pregnant?