Thread: so confused. ..I just want to know!

Default so confused. ..I just want to know!

Am i pregnant or are birth control pills throwing off my cycle?

Hello! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here is some background information:

1st day of last period = February 5th
    Intercourse, no protection and my fiance ejaculated in me = 2/8, 2/14, 2/19, 2/22...

After each time I would take 1-2 birth control pills the next day. Meaning I really only take the BCP after sex. It worked for a while... ( I know not exactly smart... :-/ )

On Sunday and wednesday of this past week, 10 & 13 days late I took pregnancy tests from the Dollar Store, result = negative.

Still no period, now 16 days late but I have had cramping for the last two weeks, and super sore breasts. PMS sympooms w/no period.

I took another test w/ the hcg strips on Friday (14 days late) and I got a faint double red lines.

I know this is super long, but I fig more details =》better.

Any thoughts? Could it be pregnancy and I just need a better test, or did taking the BC throw something off?

Thanks again

Blog Entries

Having sex on 02/19 and 02/22 were likely great times to get pregnant if you generally have the average 28 day cycle or something like it. Taking the birth control pills after only having sex would not be a good way to avoid pregnancy.

Have you not had sex since the 22nd? It would be unusual not to have a positive pregnancy test until you were 14 days late. However, two red lines would be considered a positive test. Taking birth control pills would not give you a false positive test but taking them inconsistently could delay your period.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Birth control pills do not work that way. Your hormones can totally be thrown off by taking them like that and they will not prevent pregnancy. It's not that it worked for a while... it is that you were lucky. That being said... I would go to the doctor and have them test you. If you got faint double lines that is a positive and you are pg. confirm with the doctor. GL!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Thanks for your help! I tested again today I believe its a positive test! Going to get lab work through my Dr. Just to be sure. :-) :-)

I take it this is a happy surprise! Congrats then!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .