Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying with three carseats

I second a large rental car recommendation. We actually had to upgrade on two different occasions because our stuff wouldn't fit.

Blog Entries

We are definitely renting a van. With the three carseats we have now I am not even sure that we could get three across in our van. We'll spend a lot of time in the car so we want to make sure we are all comfortable, too.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

I have traveled with 4 and we only use Radian car seats! They can fold up and you can carry them on your back like a back pack. Super easy to use.

Good Luck!

I use IGC to get Amazon gift cards, Checks and Walmart cards.
    If you have any questions, just ask.

Skootcase seems sturdy. We have flown with it several times. It also has a strap so you could pull it or put it over your shoulder. Let me know if you find a cheap way to rent a van. I've been horrified by the cost.

Blog Entries

My sister works for very large company that offers discounts on nearly everything. She will be renting it for us and we'll pay her back. It still is a lot but right now we really have no choice.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

I dont know about the costs but what about the bubble bum?

http://www.thecarseatlady.com/taxis/using_taxis_2.html

( look toward the bottom)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonsouthernbell View Post
    I dont know about the costs but what about the bubble bum?

http://www.thecarseatlady.com/taxis/using_taxis_2.html

( look toward the bottom)
    That is pretty interesting! My DH isn't convinced, though. We will have two 5 hour car rides, however, and I know that M1 can not stay upright if she fell asleep.

Ugh. What a mess!

We are buying a second forward facing/high back booster combo soon and I am now looking at the Diono Radian. Being slim and folding flat are both useful things if we are going to fly back to the midwest regularly. I'll have at least one child in a car seat for the next eight years! We have been very happy with the Recaro that we purchased for M1 but it can't do those things. If we would then not need to rent a van that would be helpful, too.
    My blog about MCAD

I didn't read all of the other responses...but when we to a 6 hour flight west we had two car seats. So what we did was check the older childs car seat. It was cheaper to do that then rent one.(side note you can rent quality car seats from outside rental agencies that cater to baby gear not affiliated with the rental car company and they keep up with safety stuff). I purchased a 10 dollar car seat gate check bag from buy buy baby. to keep the seat clean. And so I can tag the seat. Car seats do not count as luggage. So my 4 year old just sat in the regular airplane seat and he did fine. He slept on my shoulder with a few pillows from the plane. But for my 2 year old I wasn't sure how he would handle that long of a flight without his blanket and car seat. He sleeps well in his car seat and I wanted him to nap part of the way. So we took his britax car seat on the plane. It was a pain in the bottom with trying to even get one car seat down the narrow plane isle with two adults.. I could imagine trying to do three and I highly suggest only do this if its a must..then to strap it into the narrow plane seat was a challenge but it fit thank the Lord..fyi carseat must go in the window seat according to airline safety. but to unstrap the seat was a hassle. The belt kept getting stuck and the entire plane emptied by the time we were done unhooking the car seat. But the flight was great as my ds Slept...so it was worth it...for the airport we used a luggage strap. It turns the carryon wheeling luggage into a carseat cart. If you do this..make sure you stuff the carryon luggage good. The strap works best with a full luggage. Also test this out at home. Because when you get to the airport you will have to unstrap everything during security..and trying to figure out the strap in the heat of the moment is hard. But it worked great and i wheeled ds arond like he was in a stroller. Everyone commented that they wished they thought of that idea..it was great. I have to tell you it wasn't easy to travel with two seats But with some forethought and patience youll do fine...thishttp://www.overstock.com/Baby/Go-Go-Babyz-Travelmate-Car-Seat-Luggage-Strap/6372574/product.html?gclid=COP88JSurr0CFRQaOgodWTAAjQ&cid= 202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&ef_id=UctSDgA AAReP0lGc:20140325185444:s
    Last edited by pants; 03-25-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    That is pretty interesting! My DH isn't convinced, though. We will have two 5 hour car rides, however, and I know that M1 can not stay upright if she fell asleep.

Ugh. What a mess!

We are buying a second forward facing/high back booster combo soon and I am now looking at the Diono Radian. Being slim and folding flat are both useful things if we are going to fly back to the midwest regularly. I'll have at least one child in a car seat for the next eight years! We have been very happy with the Recaro that we purchased for M1 but it can't do those things. If we would then not need to rent a van that would be helpful, too.
    that would be a long time for sure!