Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: kellyowens/Kelly updates :)

I am dense today....what does sch mean?
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    I am dense today....what does sch mean?
    It means subchorionic hemorrhage/hematoma . There's an area of bleeding between my uterine wall and placenta...it's not uncommon and only harmful if it's large (mine is small), but it can cause bleeding which is really stressful
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Gotcha. Hope all continues to work out for you.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Praying for you and baby Mocha. I hope your chillaxing day with your feet up yields less worrisome cramps and spotting.

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    It means subchorionic hemorrhage/hematoma . There's an area of bleeding between my uterine wall and placenta...it's not uncommon and only harmful if it's large (mine is small), but it can cause bleeding which is really stressful
    I had one of these when i was preggo with my daughter, it took a while for the bleed to resolve and it was nerve wracking, big make sure u delegate chores to your kids snd take it easy mamma

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Kelly, I'm praying for you. When I read your post I wondered if your still taking the baby aspirin? I have a friend who was told to discontinue baby aspirin because her Dr thought she was bleeding because of irritation caused from progesterone, baby aspirin, and dtd. He said cervix was sensitive and susceptible to bleeding after dtd, which most of us know, but he thought her bleeding was more than normal because of the baby aspirin. Her bleeding did stop and she had a healthy baby boy. Questionable if that was the cause and I would not go off the baby aspirin without talking to the Dr but just a thought. I think I'd rather go without dtd.hehehe Hope resting helps.

Dorcas and Ali...that is so encouraging! Really hoping this resolves soon!!

Erica...I'll ask my dr about that specifically tomorrow! Haha, yeah, I can't say I'm unhappy about "pelvic rest"...not such a bad thing having an excuse to avoid dtd since I'm definitely not in the mood at this point .

I was reading on sch and natural remedies...going to add some extra vit E and start taking my calcium supps again. I'm getting in the jacuzzi tub with epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) and lavender oil shortly (lol, no hot water currently...one of the plights of an 11 person household )...it can't hurt and might help. If nothing else it'll be a stress buster for sure .

8. Default

Also, what about switching to oral progesterone? I know you mentioned irritation. I used the suppositories with Elliot but did oral with Simon and now Gideon. Perhaps that's a move you can make to get you through the next couple of weeks. Of course, I know you'll do anything for this LO!! ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas...I can try switching to taking the progesterone orally . The reason I started using it vag is because it made me extremely dizzy, but maybe it would be a nonissue if I took it at night ?

I had another pinkish brown gush last night, but just spotting brown this morning...baby sounds great so even though it's alarming I'm starting to feel better about it. If Mocha isn't stressed than I guess I shouldn't be either .

10. Default

Good call, Kelly, I was taking mine at night. I never noticed any issues with dizziness, but I was asleep for the first 8 hours of it being in my system. ;)

I'm really glad that you have that doppler, it definitely sounds like a life saver in this situation.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I know that it's worrisome, try to remember though that this is around the time that the corpus leutem is giving way to the placenta, there may be some hormonal tug of war going on while they're figuring out what's what.

I'm glad you have the doppler too!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

we are so proud of you mocha! Keep momma happy with that beautiful heartbeat!!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Thank you ladies !!!!!!

I talked with the nurse at my OB's and she said to take tylenol for the irritation (my uterus has a bruised feeling...not crampy, just sore), pelvic rest until my appt on the 19th, and to stay on the aspirin. She said I didn't need to make any changes to my progesterone dose. She said nothing I'm doing or not doing is causing the bleeding, it's just that sch .

So, I'm staying the course for now and looking forward to my appt in 3wks. I'm sure they'll do an u/s to check on the sch for me since they know I'm worried about it. I can't wait to see Mocha again !!

Okay, sounds promising!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

Oh and the other thing the nurse said was to drink at least 2L of water every day . I have a 20oz "blender bottle" I've been filling 3x/d which isn't quite 2L, but oh my word, I don't think I can possibly drink anymore fluid...I'm already in the bathroom every 15-30mins as it is not to mention it would just make me feel sick . I try to stick to the 1/2 your body weight in ounces rule which for me would be 55oz so 60oz is sufficient imo .

Glad the babe is doing well! And you are almost 12 weeks!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Are you still having spotting? Just thinking of you and wanted to send some more positive energy your way!! Grow baby, grow!!!
    ~Andrea~

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Glad the babe is doing well! And you are almost 12 weeks!
    Eeeek, I know, so super excited to be so close to the 12wk mark !!!!!!!!!!

As of tomorrow I'll have less than 200 days left, wooohoooooo !!!!!!!

I'm wondering if my sch bled itself out because for the first time today I'm feeling zero irritation and no low back pain! I have had an achy pain, like a bruise, in my uterus and a low backache since 4wks, but today, for the first time, it feels totally normal . Baby sounded perfect this morning (haha and my friend m/s was there bright and early to bring me reassurance that all is well ) so maybe the rest of my pg will be uneventful...how awesome would that be !!!

Haha, and this is probably silly, but confession: diaper cream has been working wonders for the external irritation after dtd the other day . I tried to think of something that might be soothing and because ds gets a lot of diaper rashes due to food intolerances I have a lot of zinc oxide diaper cream on hand so I thought, why not, if it's safe for a newborn it should be safe for mom, right. So ya, I went for it and it totally worked! Desperate times, desperate measures, people

Quote Originally Posted by sunkiss View Post
    Are you still having spotting? Just thinking of you and wanted to send some more positive energy your way!! Grow baby, grow!!!
    It's very light brown today...like barely there! If it wasn't for the progesterone dripping out a little tinged I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all . No more gushes since yesterday morning !

It's very light brown today...like barely there! If it wasn't for the progesterone dripping out a little tinged I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all . No more gushes since yesterday morning !

Your diaper cream improvisation was brilliant and the "desperate times" comment was hilarious!!! Now that's thinking like a mom of many if I've ever heard it!

That is so resourceful! Diaper cream! Would have never thought

Wonderful!!! With the diaper cream... hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! I'll admit I used it before on my mystery hive type things I get on my hips and it definitely does soothe!
    Last edited by sunkiss; 04-29-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    ~Andrea~

I have issues with diarrhea...and have for years...my gallbladder was taken out when I was 15...and occasionally when it gets bad...I use diaper rash ointment to help with the soreness....I have been doing this for years, luckily I don't have to use it often....

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    I have issues with diarrhea...and have for years...my gallbladder was taken out when I was 15...and occasionally when it gets bad...I use diaper rash ointment to help with the soreness....I have been doing this for years, luckily I don't have to use it often....
    I'm glad I'm not the only one !

Less than 200 days to go, wooot!!!!!!

I spoke too soon yesterday, low back and pelvic pain started up again just before bed and I had more bleeding around 4am, but red this time (back to brown spotting now)...this pg is really testing the limits of my sanity ! I am seriously nervous to even sneeze ! Baby sounds great though...praise God !!!

Although I've never had bleeding in pg and had it end well, I've also never had bleeding this late into the 1st tri or any bleeding at all in the 2nd tri, so I'm going with different is good??

My appt with the genetic counselor is tomorrow at 10am...I'm not sure if they'll be doing anything specific (u/s, b/w, etc...) or if it's just a consultation, but maybe they'll check on the sch for me...won't hurt to ask anyway. It's a 40-45min drive there (probably longer since I'll be hitting the morning commute on the expressway which is always crawling) so I might as well make the most of it .

I'm thinking about telling my oldest 3 kids that I'm pg and needing to limit my activities for a few weeks...I really think they'd amp up their helpfulness if I told them, lol, or at least be more understanding because right now I'm sure it seems like I'm just being lazy (they knew I felt unwell over the weekend, but I was also having a hard time with asthma/allergies so they are associating it with that). LOL, not that they haven't been duly compensated (mom guilt)...been a lot more generous with treats, computer/tv time, and out right paying them extra to do "the hard jobs" . They have chores and they get an allowance so all the work and compensation is in addition to that.

Anyway, just thinking out loud .

26. Default

Woo Hoo!! You broke the 200 day limit!!

I'm sorry about the bleeding and discomfort. Again, SOOO glad you have that doppler!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I would think telling the older kids is okay this point..... They will understand, plus the motivation boost to help out is really needed for you right now.

I'm baffled that you are still having bleeding issues. I am just sooooo happy mocha is doing wonderful!

Yay for under 200 days!!

The bleeding is definitely confusing, I'm so glad you're able to check on the LO!

Not sure if you're taking a poll, I would encourage telling at least one of older kids. Some extra help and someone besides your DH that knows will give you some breathing room--it's hard to keep it to yourself especially when you're not feeling well.

Well, I told my 3 oldest (DD is almost 18, DS is 16.5, and DD is almost 15) and they were happy...gave me hugs ! I told them I was having some bleeding though and needed to take it easy, lol, and that I haven't just been being lazy . They said they were wondering what was up because I'm usually such a neat-freak and the house is definitely nowhere near my standards (and neither is my younger kids' hygiene ...I'm usually a stickler about brushing teeth, making sure everyone is clean before bed, etc...).

Anyway, it went great and they're definitely kickin' it up a notch...we deemed it a "cleaning day" today and they worked it out for tomorrow so my oldest dd can drive me to my appt . It feels good to be "out" with them .

Eta...the bleeding is frustrating and I've heard sch usually resolve by 20wks so I guess it's still within the norm. If it was *just* bleeding I guess I wouldn't be as worried, but this backache and pelvic achiness worries me. All of my m/c start with a constant low backache like this one, but they never last this long...usually I started bleeding and cramping within a matter of hours after the backache starts and I've never had constant pain like this with any of my pgs . Knowing baby is fine is making a world of difference, but knowing her life is at stake is agonizing ...this isn't a blighted ovum...there's just so much to lose this time.
    Last edited by kellyowens; 04-30-2014 at 09:54 AM.

I wish there was more we could say or do make it better.

I'm glad you're getting extra help and support!!