Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: kellyowens/Kelly updates :)

Yay Kelly. Yes my curtic is ordered too.I have already gotten some books in..... We start august 4th and will take Nov and Dec off also. According to the state he needs to be in school for 180 days although his curriculum only goes for 170 classes.I can add some camp experiences to curriculum days. So we should still finish up in may 2015.

Aloe Vera gel also works with dopplers!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Hi Kelly!
    So glad all going well for you. Little Mocha seems so active- what a wonderful feeling.
    Ive run out of ultrasound gel too and was told to use KY jelly. Ew Ew Ew feels awful and sticky on my belly. Think I may try the aloe vera instead.
    The dream you had about a loss has happend to me so many times. Sometimes I wake up and wonder if it was a dream or real....awful!
    Hope you are well
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014

Brenda, Our curriculum is basically 170 days also, but our state has no requirements for home schoolers. I still try to get as close to the 180/36wks as possible though...it's usually not that hard to trickle in some extras .

Brittany, great tip, thank you !!

Lynn, haha, the lubes are stickier and I feel like it causes more noise/static in the doppler which makes it a little harder to find the hb .

I'm getting so many kicks/wiggles so regularly now that I'm feeling less dependent on the doppler for reassurance . It's still great to have because I do have brief moments of panic .

I was able to squeeze in a 25min walk on the treadmill last night . I watched New Girl (netflix) on my tablet while I walked, lol, dh doesn't like it and it's not one I want my kids watching, so I rarely get a chance to see an episode...I think I found my motivation to walk regularly, lol, I'll finally get to watch all the shows I've been wanting to see (yaay, 2 birds, one stone) .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Brenda, Our curriculum is basically 170 days also, but our state has no requirements for home schoolers. I still try to get as close to the 180/36wks as possible though...it's usually not that hard to trickle in some extras .
    I'm getting so many kicks/wiggles so regularly now that I'm feeling less dependent on the doppler for reassurance . It's still great to have because I do have brief moments of panic .

I was able to squeeze in a 25min walk on the treadmill last night . I watched New Girl (netflix) on my tablet while I walked, lol, dh doesn't like it and it's not one I want my kids watching, so I rarely get a chance to see an episode...I think I found my motivation to walk regularly, lol, I'll finally get to watch all the shows I've been wanting to see (yaay, 2 birds, one stone) .

Yes. Thankfully the state allows us to use day camps (there are a ton of day camps around here from science to nature to bible) as days spent in school. So I can count it into the 180 days.

I am getting kicks too...YAYAYAYAYA....baby is starting to show a regular wake period from 10-11 pm...It's cute. I'm so excited for my ultrasound on monday.

YAY on the treadmill...i fold my laundtry to call the midwife or downton abbey because DH doesn't like either show and it gives me motivation to fold laundry. YAY for motivation. HHAH

Brenda

18wks today and 4months tomorrow!!!

To celebrate, Mocha was kicking me last night and I could feel it on the outside ! I could seriously cry I am so happy to have made it this far...it got so much more real for me last night as I felt those strong kicks !

My OB appt and anatomy u/s are only 9 days away...cannot wait to see my munchkin again !!

I'm so glad things are going so well for you Kelly!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Aww that's so awesome!!

Happy 18 weeks!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

So exciting! Happy 18 weeks!!!

Thanks everyone !!

Blah...been having some irritation lately and it's definitely a yeast infection ! This will be my 4th one this pg, boo!! I'm going to call my OB Monday for diflucan. I had hoped to avoid anymore since stopping the progesterone, nope .

Yay happy 18 weeks!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12. Default

18 weeks!! I'm SOOO over the moon happy that you're past your loss dates and are doing SO great!!
    Last edited by khadijavye; 06-16-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

my appt and u/s are in one week!!!

Mocha is so active every day now . I am loving this phase of pg...I'm still comfortable, appetite is great, energy is back, starting to look pg, regular movement...yup, feeling happy !

Yaay, the nurse is calling diflucan in for my YI...I'm about 99% sure it's from the steroid a couple weeks ago since my symptoms started shortly after that and oddly enough it's even on my nips . I eat yogurt every day (switched to plain Greek yogurt from the flavored stuff) and take probiotics so if I can avoid the steroids I'll hopefully not have to deal with another YI this pg !

I really feel like my asthma symptoms are under control now . The peak flow chart dh made me shows very stable readings and other than occasional coughing jags and mild coughing throughout the day I really have no other symptoms that I'm noticing, even with exercise (lol, not that I've really pushed any limits nor do I plan to...been topping out at 3.5mph on the treadmill ).

14. Default

All good news!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Grrrr...the nurse "doesn't know what happened", but my prescription for the YI never got called in on Monday !!! She said it'll be ready at my pharmacy in an hour...ugh, cannot wait for some relief, this is the worst one I've ever had (it's from the steroid I was on and it's even on my nips) !

I got my u/s gel for my doppler yesterday and it works so much better than everything else I've been using, yaaay ! Mocha sounds great...HR was 140 this morning which is the lowest it's ever been so I'm pretty sure she was sleeping since usually she's moving all over, but I was able to get a full 1min count today because she was so still . After I got up she was kicking me, lol, I must have woken her up .

Speaking of movement, last night she was kicking very firmly so I pulled my shirt up and I could see her kicking and moving around...eep, cannot believe I'm far enough along for this already, it was so precious !!

Only 5 more days until I get to see her again !

It has been a slow week since I haven't had appts or anywhere to be, but I can't say I've minded the relaxed pace .

I see your calling baby a "she" ;) ...do you think this one is a girl...uggg about the missing script...uggg I hate that.

Lol, the "she" thing is just Kelly wishing the baby into a gender

I hope you get your last girl

Brenda, lol, nope it's just more statistically probable since we've had 5 girls biologically and only 3 boys (there's 11yrs between my last two bio boys)...it's also just a habit since we've had so many "shes" .

I'm horrible at guessing, lol! I do have a typical with HR and how I carry my weight for each gender, but there were a few who threw me for a loop so now I second-guess through my whole pg . I'm leaning towards girl since so far the HR has been 140+ and I'm carrying my weight all over, not just in my belly/butt . My bump is definitely different than last time too...it's higher up (past my bellybutton already) and narrower; I had a boy last time so maybe different = girl ?
    Last edited by kellyowens; 06-19-2014 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    Lol, the "she" thing is just Kelly wishing the baby into a gender

I hope you get your last girl
    ya, that's probably true !!

Little boys are adorable, but I just have a thing for baby girls !!!

A boy would even us up 5B/5G and dh would love another boy so that be fabulous too !!!
    Last edited by kellyowens; 06-18-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Yes during my ultrasound I kept calling the baby a HE. the tech asked if I knew already and I said no but everything in my life has been a "HE" so naturally I am calling this baby a he. I've never has a girl so I can't tell if this one is different or not. I felt different in the first trimester for sure! But this one i'm not sure. I'm leaning on another boy. More because statistically it's in my favor for another boy. Part of me wishes for a boy and part of me for a girl. For all different reasons. It would be nice to have some female company around the house. But God knows best and will give me what I need right.

I secretly hope you get your girl!!!!

Brenda

Awww! I hope you get your little girl Kelly. It'll be a wonderful surprise on delivery day.

And Brenda I hope you get a girl!! Sounds like you need one around lol

I know I will have some major gender disappointment if I don't have at least one boy in my belly. Like probably cry my eyes out disappointment. I hate to be that way but since these will be my last two babies I WANT at least one boy so bad. I hope I am able to contain my disappointment at the sonogram when we go to find out. lol Otherwise people will think I am a terrible person.

Kelly, guess what: you are under 150 days marker!

Rachel, gender disappointment is totally normal, it would be horrible of people to think you are a terrible person to feel some sense of loss! We all have dreams about what we hope our family will look like and accepting it when it doesn't work out that way is a process that takes time. I'm praying you've got a boy in there...not long now and you'll know for sure, so exciting !!!

Varya, eeeeeeek, under 150, this pg is going by so fast !!!

My SIL is in labor right now with her 4th and oh my word I just know when I see her little one I am going to be so eager for November to just hurry up and get here ! I have another SIL due in Sept, but I will only be able to see her LO via FB. Hopefully, we'll be able to get all 4 new babies together this Christmas .

Only 3 more days until my appt and u/s !

How nice you will have kiddos born close to each other!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    How nice you will have kiddos born close to each other!
    It is nice ...the same thing happened 7yrs ago when 4 were born within 9 months of each other, and 4yrs ago 5 were born within 8 months of each other...Christmas is SO fun (there will be 28 grandkids by the end of this year and 4 of my MIL's 11 children haven't had any kids yet) !

That is awesome Kelly! I love big family gatherings! !!

That sounds so amazing!

Kelly that's so much fun isn't it. I have 30 first cousins not including spouces on my moms side. Its so much fun...

I'm excited for your big us..

19wks!!!!

I absolutely cannot wait until my appt and u/s Monday, woohoooo, only 2 more days !

My SIL had a baby girl after 20+ hrs of labor...Gloriana Hope, 7lbs 13oz !! Her first two babies were c-sec (the 1st they said was going to be 9lbs+/wasn't going to fit, he was only 7lbs 14oz...the 2nd was breech) and she was able to have a successful VBA2C with her 3rd and 4th . With her 3rd baby it took her until her 3rd tri to even find a care-provider willing to do a VBA2C...it was a midwife who is with the same hospital I'm going to . They now have 1 boy and 3 girls .

So happy for you....2days.... You better post pics asap. Lol. I will be staking.

Yay for your sil.yay for vbac2c and for a provider who will really just follow avog guidelines anyway and help per avoid another surgery if that was her desire..