Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: kellyowens/Kelly updates :)

Yay for 24 weeks!!

I hope you can get through the cold with no issues, colds are bad enough.

I think you're right, school time always seems to make things go faster!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Yay to viability! Sorry about your cold hope you get over it fast. My dd2 is sick and the baby started sneezing too!

3. Default

Ugh, sorry about the cold. There have been a couple of times during this pregnancy where I have thought I was starting in with a cold, but then it never went anywhere further. Hopefully the same happens for you!!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Ugh, Dorcas, I was hoping so, but no such luck ! I went to bed last night coughing a little more and woke up this morning with a lot of pain in my larynx area and coughing up ickies . I'm coughing a lot today, but the pain has gotten a bit better as things have loosened up. My sinuses are infected too (*TMI*...green snot, blah). My chest is starting to hurt and my cough is bronchitis-like, but so far my peak flow is hanging in there (not great, but still in the green) and my oxygen sat is only dipping a little with activity (lowest was 92, but I was doing laundry...switching around a load, sorting, folding, carrying it upstairs, etc...so quite a bit of movement). I feel yucky overall...achy and fatigued, but no fever.

I'd call my pulmo in hopes of just having him prescribe an oral steroid to prevent further complications, but I'm pretty sure he'd just say go to ER and I really don't want to do that with normal oxy sat and peak flow. It's a long time commitment when you go in with cough, chest pain, and shortness of breath because their protocol is labs including heart enzymes, IV fluids and medrol, ekg, telemetry, and once they determine it *isn't* my heart they'll give me 2-3 breathing treatments (usually as many as my heart rate can stand, up to 4) and send me home with a high dose steroid and possibly antibiotics. I don't feel like I'm at that point yet though and feel like waiting it out a bit to give my body time to see what it'll do now that I'm on higher doses of asthma/allergy meds is the better option for now. Of course, rest and hydration are on the agenda for today .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Aww man, hope you feel better soon. Rest up today!

6. Default

Ugh, I hate that the answer is "go to the ER." That is a VERY expensive answer for a lot of people.

I hope that you continue to manage well. I'm sorry that you're feeling so yucky.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I'd think your Dr could see you instead of sending you to the ER but thats medicine for you. Get some rest and let the kids do laundry. ;)

Thanks ladies .

I'm doing about the same today, which means not any worse, yaay !! I'm feeling more hopeful that I'll get to skip out on the whole ER experience this time . I've used my albuterol inhaler a couple times which really helps . I have my pulmo appt in 2 days so unless I get worse I'm going to hold out on requesting further treatment until then.

Mocha seems to be handling it all fine...lots of movement and heart rate goes up like it should when she's wiggly .

Eta...Wooohoooo, I'm in the single-digit countdown to less than 100 days to go !!!
    Last edited by kellyowens; 07-29-2014 at 09:50 AM.

How are you feeling? Do you have your pulmo appt today?
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Pulmo appt went well . He feels I have bronchitis and sent me home with a prescription for an antibiotic (coughing up nasties) and Qvar which is another inhaled steroid. I forgot to get clarification if I'm supposed to keep using my albuterol inhaler or not so I need to call tomorrow. I'm going to keep using it until I know for sure since my peak flow readings are still low, and I feel like my breathing is a lot more open with it.

I really started feeling awful this afternoon and had I not had a pulmo appt I would have went to ER...I feel really loopy and light-headed. I'm hoping the antibiotic and added steroid will help. He said to call the after-hours line if I don't feel better within 48hrs. I'm thankful for no oral steroids this time !!

My next appt is in 6wks.

Hope those medications work and you start to feel better soon!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Quote Originally Posted by Lizamay View Post
    Hope those medications work and you start to feel better soon!
    Thanks Liza !!

Being sick and pg definitely has it's challenges, lol, every time I cough when I'm standing I cross my legs because I'm worried I'm going to pee myself, and when I'm laying down the cough causes shooting sciatic pain...ha, if I felt better I might actually find it humerous .

On a fun note, baby flipped breech and I can feel her little head up by my belly button ...I love when they get big enough to start distinguishing parts .

The antibiotic is helping...feeling a bit improved today ! My peak flow increased a little too, but still in the yellow. I called my pulmo to get clarification if I'm supposed to keep using the albuterol and they said yes, as long as my peak flow is outside the green and I'm having symptoms I need to keep using it like I am now (testing peak flow every 6hrs and using albuterol if it's low).

Despite being sick this has been a super fast week...I can't believe I'll be 25wks tomorrow ...only 12-15wks more to go !!!

OMG 25 weeks tomorrow!! Time is flying. I remember reading your updates from the very start and I am so happy you are still here with us and baby is thriving! I go back and read all of our first posts from time to time.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    OMG 25 weeks tomorrow!! Time is flying. I remember reading your updates from the very start and I am so happy you are still here with us and baby is thriving!
    This times a thousand!! So glad that I was able to share a DD room with you! I adore your positivity ... it reminds me to stay positive and makes me think of positive ways to approach potentially negative situations. So glad for your example!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Qvar may have been causing the loopiness (if you had already taken it). Tristan did not like that med as a daily controller, he would get anxious and stuff.
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

I'm glad you feeling somewhat better today. Hopefully tomorrow you will see a big improvment. I can't believe you are almost 25 weeks!!!!! YAY!
    Missing my angels. Forever my babies. Gone but not forgotten! I will see you three again one day!!![/FONT]

Kelly, I hope you recover soon! And oh so happy you are at 25 weeks! Time flies!!!

Wooohoooo 25wks!!!

Only 1 more week left of my 2nd tri ! LOL, I know technically the trimesters are 13 1/3wks each (40wks/3) and even going by months, a week from today, I'll still have 6 days left of my 6th month, BUT I'm ready for the 3rd tri so the sooner the better...totally my perogative, right ?

I am feeling tremendously better today !! Wow, I never realize how truly awful I feel during illness until I feel better . I'm still using albuterol for the low peak flow, but it's definitely improving. I went for a walk with dd this morning and my oxy-sat was dipping (high 80s/low 90s), but slowing my pace and deep breaths brought it back up to 97-99...ha, even got a 100 at one point

I started feeling really yucky again yesterday a few hours before I was due take my antibiotic, but about 2-3hrs after I took it, I turned a corner and so far so good today .

This week the busyness really begins. My middle two kiddos are adding in another subject or two and my oldest 3 are going to a retreat for 3 days (M-F), but one will be starting school when he gets back and my 15y/o dd will be starting driver's ed. Then, next week two of my girls start volleyball. We also have a few pedi appts and an orthodontist appt in the next 2wks.

We're heading to the beach tomorrow and the Toledo Zoo next weekend. I'm really looking forward to that family time on either side of our official kick-off-to-the-school-year week...just nice to have those "breathers" .

My 19th wedding anniversary is the 12th ...dh and I will likely go out to dinner. It's been awhile since we've had date night so I'm kinda excited .
    Last edited by kellyowens; 08-04-2014 at 06:19 AM.

Glad you are doing generally fine! Plas off having so many children of various age group - oldest are able to help you. Yay to a date. Haven't had one with dh in almost 6 years!

Pays off of course and boo - phone posted too soon. I can't wait when dd1 is old enough to stay home with the other 2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Pays off of course and boo - phone posted too soon. I can't wait when dd1 is old enough to stay home with the other 2!!!
    This phase of life with older kids definitely has its own set of challeges, but YES, it is sooooo incredibly nice to have built-in childcare !!! Dh and I don't go out often because of busy schedules with work, kids' activities, financial considerations, and just plain too tired , but when we're able to make it work, it is so refreshing .

I still had to use albuterol this morning, but my peak flow was only barely in the yellow so I'm hoping to see my numbers in the green this afternoon and tonight ! It'll be great to be off daily albuterol since it makes me jittery and a little irritable . When I walked on my treadmill last night my oxygen levels stayed at 98/99...didn't drop at all, woot !! Anyway, feels good to be on the mend...still really tired in the evening and coughing, but doing waaaaay better!

Oh I bet there ARE challenges! I just hope by the time we reach this stage I am still able to put my foot down lol glad you are feeling ok!

Eeeeek, only 3 more days until I'm under 100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe almost 2/3 of my pg is behind me . I still wake up every morning so incredibly thankful and amazed our last cycle worked and we are having our final LO !!! I was honestly resigned and fairly settled that my 2yr old was going to be "the baby" .

25. Default

So glad there were other plans out there for you!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

I was just coming to see if you reached 100 yet! Yay! 2 days!

101 days! Wow. Time is flying all of a sudden. So happy that you have been blessed with one last baby to complete your family!!

100 days, woohooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Only 2 more days left of my 2nd tri...so super excited to get started on my 3rd tri, hard to believe it's almost here already !

I got to skip my afternoon albuterol yesterday, but still had to use it morning and before bed. This morning though, my peak flow looked good so I'm hoping to make it all day without it .

Ha, last night I used coconut flour for the first time and made myself a "mug brownie" (coconut flour, stevia w/vanilla, coconut oil, egg whites, milk, hershey's special dark cocoa powder, and I "frosted" it with PB). Anyway, it was sooo good and had no added sugar...so why was my FBS 98 this morning ? I know that's not horrible, but I didn't expect it with such a low carb/sugar bedtime snack, a high protein dinner, and a long walk after dinner. I'm not worried about it, lol, but I think I'm going to give up on trying to understand it . I'm testing to make sure the steroids aren't affecting my bs...so far so good as far as I can tell .

Geez, it just seems to be flying by! 100 days!!!!

30. Default

The flour itself was roughly 8.5 carbs, cocoa was 3 carbs, not sure how many carbs in 3tbs of milk (let's give it 3), not sure about the Stevia, but you're certainly within your limits for a snack (15-30 carbs). What did you have for dinner? Did you have a carb heavy dinner? Also, how long did you fast? There are so many factors ...
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13