Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: kellyowens/Kelly updates :)

Yay for eager kiddos. I hope your tummy feels better soon.

School is going well so far this week !

I personally had a bumpy start on Monday...lost my temper over something stupid (not the kids...with a photo editing website), slammed my hand down on my laptop (not hard, but apparently in a sensitive area), aaaand it damaged something . It is very likely I lost everything and the hard drive will have to be completely replaced...not an easy lesson, but evidently a needed one . My hot temper is my least fav part of my personality and I rarely ever lose it anymore. I've never taken it out on the kids other than some yelling (not degrading, just ranting loudly in their general direction which was always followed by a profuse apology from me ), but I'm embarrassed to say this is not the first time I've caused mild-moderate property damage ...it has been over a decade though since I've actually acted on my frustration and broke something. Ugh, just really really stupid and childish...very mad at myself (you know that feeling when you think you're beyond something and then it rears it's ugly head, well, if not, I do and I'm not thrilled) . Dh raised his eyebrows when I told him, but didn't say anything (probably a good idea, lol).

Since then though the week has gotten progressively better and I'm thankful for my kids' good attitudes towards school so far . The beginning of the year can sometimes be a bit rocky (still lots of summer wiggles left in them ). I think the cool, rainy weather this week is helping though, lol, and I'm not being too rigid...if it's a gorgeous day I won't keep them inside doing school or we'll just do an abbreviated version of their lessons that day.

We finally got more wheat berries so I'm going to try adding gluten back into my diet now that I've been on Nexium for a couple months. I LOVE home made whole wheat bread and my 15y/o dd does a fabulous job! I had a slice last night and my stomach was a little off, but not bad so I'm hoping ! I'll only go back to fresh ground, minimal ingredient, home made gluten foods though. I'm looking forward to home made bagels, english muffins, and tortillas eventually...feeling optimistic !!

I am starting to feel pangs of nesting urges, lol, nothing full force yet, but definite pangs ! I have a number of projects I'd like to get done late summer/early fall so I'm hoping it really kicks in at some point! I've had insomnia the last few nights and when I finally do fall asleep I'm having some disturbing dreams that are waking me up...last night's was so upsetting I woke up to substantial chest pain and palpitations that took awhile to settle (maybe a mild panic attack ...I sure was terrified enough for it). So my point is I've been sleeping in. I feel rested when I wake up, but the time factor is hindering me from getting anything "extra" done during the day (ha, even laundry is starting to pile up which is definitely not an "extra" ).

This week is going by fast...quickly approaching 22wks and super excited about it !!!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

3. Default

I put a hole in a wall once. I know how you feel. I'm sorry about your computer. Forgive yourself and move on. We're all entitled to a couple of moments we're not proud of.

Yay for school and yay for gluten.

22 weeks just around the corner!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I think we all have such moments that we regret. Don't beat yourself. The problem may have been there a while.

Great news on the school. Nice to have cooperating children! !!

Thanks for the understanding, encouraging words ladies !!

I caved and took benadryl last night, lol, I very much dislike insomnia...it worked great and no upsetting dreams !

I had another piece of gluten bread before bed and other than a gurgly belly this morning, it seems to be going well, yaay !!!

So, I've been considering my options in regards to getting my laptop fixed and I'm thinking purchasing a new laptop from Best Buy, paying the $99 tech service fee, and having them fix my current laptop is going to be my best overall option. It's not the least expensive option, but with so many of us in one household it would be nice to have another laptop (my 15y/o would like to enroll in some online courses) and the tech fee would cover service on the new device as well as two other already-owned devices for a year. I'm going to talk with dh about it tonight to get his thoughts, but I think he'll be fine with it.

6. Default

That sounds like a fantastic solution!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

22wks!!!!!

I'll be hitting 5months in a few days...cannot believe I'm starting my 6th month, woot !!!!

Woo-hoo! That's amazing, time is just flying by us isn't it? Congrats

Rachel, it really is! I keep thinking back to when I posted my 16wk belly pic and it hardly seems all that long ago, but it has already been 6wks !! I love it though, cannot wait to meet this LO...hurry up November !

I am finally feeling not so "fragile", lol...this baby/pg feel healthy and strong . I think in part, that's why nesting has really started to kick in...I'm at a place mentally/emotionally where I can relax and start letting myself prepare for a bring-home baby . I don't feel so guarded, and despite hoping for the best, having been "prepared for the worst". The further into this 2nd half of pg I get the further and further away all those worries and fears feel...it has been a freeing week for me, it's wonderful to "breathe normally" again .

On a different note...I'm starting to think this is not just diastasis...I think I might have a hernia . I'm going to ask my dr about it at my next appt. It just looks/feels different than it has in past pgs and I have mild pain on occasion. I'm going to google more about it in the meantime.

welcome to month 6! So exiting- over half way there!!! And it is good to hear you are feeling better too.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Yesterday was my 20yr class reunion . It was 2hrs from where I live now so I didn't go, but based on FB it looked like everyone had good time. My twin brother went, he texted me and his wife posted on my FB wall that I was missed which I appreciated . He and I were homecoming king/queen together so it would have been nice to make it up, but oh well, maybe for my 25th when I'm not pg or bfing .

I am loving the last few days of "nesting", lol, just getting so much done !! I have to say the longer I live in this house the more I just can't believe how perfect it is for us . We've been here almost 2.5yrs (cannot believe it has been that long already ) and I really truly love it here! As much as I dislike MI winters I hope this is where we'll be for awhile . LOL, of course, come January I may be singing a different tune .

Glad you are enjoying nesting. With all 3 kids I barely had any desire to do anything. And even if I had - no energy lol

Varya, it's interesting how pg affects everyone differently! I've always felt better during my 2nd/3rd tri of pg and while bfing than I do when I'm not pg or bfing...just more energetic and hormonally stable. I think it has something to do with my thyroid and progesterone levels . I'm a little nervous about this being my last pg for that reason only . I feel better on bc (the patches...the pills make me feel ), so I may opt for that...not fond of the idea of artificial hormones, but if things get bumpy after this baby weans I'll give it a trial run, lol, or I'll just bf/pump for the next 10yrs !

5months pg today!!!!

14. Default

5 months is exciting!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay to 5 months!
    And yes, you can totally keep yourself lactating. May be adopt a newborn when this one is about to wean? :-p

I'm jealous of all of your nesting! I want to do that! DD is going to beach for 4 days with her father this weekend so THIS is my chance. I really need to go through her stuff and start donating to make room for babies. She is being moved to a smaller room and the twins will share her giant room. So that means less room for her massive amounts of toys lol

Maybe you could continue to pump breastmilk after the new baby is weened and donate it??

Rachel, that's what I've been trying to do...organize and clean out so we can move kiddos around . Not all of my kids are thrilled with the room changes (my older kiddos actually ), but they're being amply compensated so other than a few sighs and "I guess" we haven't had too many complaints...yet .

I'm hoping to start patching walls next week to have them ready to paint in Aug/Sept . I have 4 bedrooms, a 1/2 bathroom, the hallway, doors/trim, and the laundry room that all need painting. I'll be hiring my oldest 5 kiddos to do a lot of it. Eek, cannot wait to get started !!

Oh, and Rachel sending you loooots of nesting vibes!!!!!!!!

I love minor home renos! Just feels refreshing.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    I love minor home renos! Just feels refreshing.
    Me tooooo!!! I cannot wait to get started ! It has been cold/rainy here this week and even just rearranging my living room on Monday (with the help of my older kids) has been such a mood booster!!

I can't believe my next appt is in 4 days! That sure came up fast!! Ha, and I'll be due to post another belly pic in a week...lots of growth in the last few weeks so it'll be fun to see the progression . I wanted to get a 5month pic to post on FB, but haven't gotten the chance yet this week .

My next appt is Monday too. It's my real anatomy scan, although she did the full scan last visit. Yay. I can't wait to see more belly pics if you Kelly!

Quote Originally Posted by babypayne View Post
    My next appt is Monday too. It's my real anatomy scan, although she did the full scan last visit. Yay. I can't wait to see more belly pics if you Kelly!
    I can't wait to hear how your appt goes !!!!! At my last appt which also included the anatomy scan, my ob mentioned doing a growth scan, but I'm not sure if he meant at my next appt or closer to my 3rd tri...nothing is scheduled with fetal diagnostics (which is just down the hall), but it could be an in-office scan . Anyway, I can't say I'd mind seeing mocha again...hoping !

U/S never get old!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Hope you get to see Mocha!

23wks!!!!!!

Had a fantastic day with dh and the kiddos at the beach today !! I loooove Lake Michigan...I seriously got all choked up while walking down to the beach, it is just that gorgeous ♡. When we were kids we spent most of our summers camping and on the water (my dad had a boat with a cabin so we'd even spend the night on the water occasionally). The closest lakes where we live now are a 20-30min drive and they're more like large ponds, lol ...anyway, I miss the water so it just really felt good to be there today .

While there I realized that just before starting the med cycle that resulted in this pg I was standing on the other side of Lake Michigan in Chicago looking out across the frozen water surrounding Navy Pier...it never occurred to me 5 months later I'd be standing on the MI side with the warm sun in my face, sand under my feet, watching my kiddos play in the waves, and feeling my baby kick...just so blessed

Your posts always make me smile!😊

What a blissful moment that was!

My pulmonologist appt is in 10 days . I've felt great since my med increases kicked in and haven't had to use my albuterol at all since before my last appt ! My peak flows are fantastic and even my allergy symptoms have improved significantly. I'm hoping my next appt won't be for another 8wks since things are obviously going extremely well !

28. Default

That's fantastic news, Kelly!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Sounds great 0!!!!!

24wks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoooooo, we are at "viability" !!! To celebrate, I got baby's clothes washed a couple days ago and will be putting them in the dresser today .
    I feel like things are going well . Mocha has definite periods of activity every day which of course I'm loving . I've been getting more exercise the last few days and increased my caloric intake which I feel like has really helped with the restless/jittery feeling and insomnia .

My 15y/o dd went to my SIL's last week and brought home a cold . I could feel it coming on yesterday and woke up with a very sore throat, stuffy nose, and mild cough this morning . I'm praying it just runs its course...hopefully with all of my maintenance asthma meds it won't cause any complications .

I was scheduling the kids' school for the rest of the year to make sure we get all of our 1st semester stuff done by Fri, Oct 24th because I will be 37wks on Sat, Oct 25th and we will be off school from then until Jan 5th . My heart did little flip-flops when I realized it's only 13wks away !! As I continued to fill in my calendar with Aug, Sept, and Oct's activities I realized it is going to fly by as soon as Aug hits!