Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: kellyowens/Kelly updates :)

Hooray to 19 weeks! !!!! And how great about your sil. Congratulations! !!!!! I'm a little jealous cause I am having trouble even finding a Dr Who will do 3rd c-section (yeah, imagine), let alone vbac.

Varya, that is so frustrating !

Oh my word my new niece is just a tiny bundle of absolute perfection !!!!! I cannot wait for Nov to get here so I can hold my own little sweetie !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

19 weeks!!!!!!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

time seems to be going slow but flying for you!happy 19 weeks almost halfway there!

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlexandra View Post
    time seems to be going slow but flying for you!happy 19 weeks almost halfway there!
    Well, lol, my weekends actually go by super sloooow, but my weekdays fly ! I've always been more of a weekday person...too in love with routine to really fully appreciate the lazy weekends .

Eek, u/s and appt tomorrow !! I should be home by 4pm and will update then .

Stalking lol

Hoooray!! I love appointment updates! Get a good pic if you can.

Stalking for an update....

Me too!

..stalking....

So thankful to have gotten a good u/s report !!!! It was a long day and I'm exhausted, but I am over the moon happy and in love with my Mocha ! She was rubbing her head again...she was doing the same thing at the NT scan .

I was going to request another thyroid check, but as usual, lol, my dr beat me to it ...very glad they're staying on top of it. So far they haven't mentioned a single thing about my weight gain ...I am loving how laid back they are! I thought they'd be a lot more rigid since they're MFM OBs, but maybe that's what makes them so okay with me and my pg...they see such severe cases and mine isn't all that complicated ??

Glad u/s went well! Are you staying tram green?

Tram=team lol

14. Default

What is there to say about your weight gain? I mean it's like less than 5lbs, right?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Varya...yup, we won't know gender until delivery . The tech had me close my eyes during that part of the scan.

Dorcas...that's why I thought they'd mention it, because I've only gained 3lbs . I have heard OBs can get just as fussy/naggy about a slow/no gain as they sometimes do about about a more-than-expected gain, especially since I tend to start out on the small side and baby is measuring smallish. I haven't had an OB since my first baby almost 19yrs ago so I was just basing it on what I've read/heard from other women and their OB experiences. So far I love my OBs and am extremely happy with the care I'm getting here (eta...having come from primarily a midwife/homebirth background of care I was prepared for lots of high tech and having to defend my more laid back position, so this has been refreshing) !
    Last edited by kellyowens; 06-24-2014 at 08:10 AM.

16. Default

Ah, gotcha!! Well, you're a small person ... I imagine they aren't surprised. I'm really glad that they are in line with your wants/needs. My OBs never mentioned weight with any of my pregnancies, although I have the exercise nazi OB who lectured me last time about exercising. I just nodded my head until he was done. It was a long lecture, though. When he suggested I could perhaps ride a bike with my bad hip, I thought "OMG, this dude has no clue."
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Ah, gotcha!! Well, you're a small person ... I imagine they aren't surprised. I'm really glad that they are in line with your wants/needs. My OBs never mentioned weight with any of my pregnancies, although I have the exercise nazi OB who lectured me last time about exercising. I just nodded my head until he was done. It was a long lecture, though. When he suggested I could perhaps ride a bike with my bad hip, I thought "OMG, this dude has no clue."
    Oh sheesh, lol !! Isn't it nice to have enough experience under your belt to be able to just smile and nod while inwardly rolling your eyes !!!

Actually, a higher-than-average weight gain is expected when you start out on the small side...my midwives always recommended a 35-45lb gain for me, but never mentioned it after that so who knows

Glad you had a great appointment, Kelly!

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Oh sheesh, lol !! Isn't it nice to have enough experience under your belt to be able to just smile and nod while inwardly rolling your eyes !!!

Actually, a higher-than-average weight gain is expected when you start out on the small side...my midwives always recommended a 35-45lb gain for me, but never mentioned it after that so who knows
    Yes, very much so!!

And true about the additional weight gain, but isn't that generally expected to be seen 20 weeks and after?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yes, very much so!!

And true about the additional weight gain, but isn't that generally expected to be seen 20 weeks and after?
    They always told me 15-20lbs by 20wks and 1lb/wk thereafter . So an average of about 1lb/wk, but with my last 3 babies I've only gained 20-25lbs with each of them. My fundal height has always been within 4cm of how far along I am and I historically have average sized babies for GA so they probably just take all of that into account. I have heard so many awful stories of OBs/midwives who have harped on their patients about one thing or another, lol, so I can't even say how thankful I've been for care-providers who are more relaxed !

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Glad u/s went well! Are you staying tram green?
    As I was laying there during the u/s with my eyes closed while the tech scanned the genitals I chuckled to myself that my u/s tech and several drs know what gender we're having, lol, but dh and I don't . Not that it matters, just that it was a funny thought. I wonder if that info is in the u/s report or if the radiologist just reviews the pics and notes everything is normal . I usually get a copy of my u/s reports (I go in and request it), but don't want to if the gender is noted...I'll have to ask my OB at my next appt since I won't be over there until then anyway .

My next appt is July 21st, but I'm going to call and reschedule for the 31st since I have a pulmo appt that day and would rather not make the trip over there twice in 10 days.

I am glad that your ultrasound went good...even though it took so long! I hope that everything continues to look good for you!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Oh bummer...I can't reschedule my OB and pulm appt for the same day . The MFM OBs aren't available on Thursdays and the pulm dr isn't available on Mondays. The pulm's office said typically they call the dr to see if he can come down that day if a patient has multiple appts, but he's actually on vacay that week. LOL, I guess I could completely reschedule *both* appts, but nah, that sounds like more coordinating than I care to do . They're 10 days apart which really isn't that bad...if they were both in the same week that might be a bit crazier and worth trying to work it out. I'll just have to make the best of it...maybe take my kids with me and stop at the children's hands-on museum just down the road from the hospital .

I'm focusing on hydrating, hydrating, hydrating today. It's not a good idea, but when I know I'm not going to have a bathroom available for an hour or more because of travel I tend to hold off on fluids so I'm not horribly uncomfortable from having to pee. I was gone from home on Monday for 5.5hrs and only had one 16oz bottled water from McD's that entire time . When I got home I drank more, but not nearly as much as usual (60oz+). Anyway, despite getting in my 60oz yesterday and 30oz so far today I've been crampy with a low backache since yesterday evening (even had a nightmare about delivering a teeny tiny preemie ). I drink 12oz of regular coffee every day and because of that my personal fluid intake goal is 80oz/d...it's just really hard to get that much in *and* eat enough without developing reflux. So, ya, today is all about hydration...adding some gatorade powder to my water since I tend towards low potassium and hoping to get in 100oz today (of fluid, lol, not gatorade) . I had already logged my food for the day on MFP, but I'm scrapping it...one day isn't going to make all that much of a difference. It usually only takes one day of focused hydration for me to feel better .

Oh and the other thing is...I'm wondering if it might be the start of a UTI . If it doesn't get better with lots of fluids over the next few days or gets worse I'll call my dr.

The nurse just called and my TSH is 0.71 which is perfect for me . I feel best when it's 0.5-1.5.

I'm definitely feeling less crampy/achy in my low abdomen and back today . I was having BH last night and getting a little worried because they were every 2mins for half an hour . I drank 100oz of fluids yesterday and am working my way through 80oz today. I just realized I have Organic Pacific brand soup broths...going to heat some up tonight with carrots and celery before bed...a midwife friend of mine swears by soup broths for hydration .

Kelly, you are nearly 20 weeks! Another 3-4 and you hit the micro- preemie viability!!!!

Fluid intake has definitely been a challenge for me as well. Especially because its summer, I need to keep reminding myself to stay hydrated. In one of my twin books it says I am supposed to drink a gallon a day. REALLY?! lol But I am doing my best. I have a few tupperware eco water bottles and I take them with me everywhere I go. If I go to a party, I take it because most people only have soda at parties BLAH. Hope you feel better and aren't getting a UTI!!!

th.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Kelly, you are nearly 20 weeks! Another 3-4 and you hit the micro- preemie viability!!!!
    I am soooo looking forward to that milestone...only 4 more weeks, yaaaay ! With all the crampy/achy feelings I've been having it has really been weighing on my mind the last couple days...been battling with anxiety which isn't overwhelming or anything, but it has been wearing on me (have had several awful dreams this week about losing baby ). I went to bed last night though, *no* cramping at all, and only occasional BH so I'm feeling much better about it today .

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Fluid intake has definitely been a challenge for me as well. Especially because its summer, I need to keep reminding myself to stay hydrated. In one of my twin books it says I am supposed to drink a gallon a day. REALLY?! lol But I am doing my best. I have a few tupperware eco water bottles and I take them with me everywhere I go. If I go to a party, I take it because most people only have soda at parties BLAH. Hope you feel better and aren't getting a UTI!!!

th.jpg
    Wowsa a gallon of water/d, lol, with two babies in there where do they expect you to put all of that ! I used to drink a gallon/d but I wasn't pg and I was running 50+ miles/week...I don't think I could take in that much now without feeling woozy. I am definitely feeling better today !! LOL, I actually found more fruit-flavored herbal tea in my cupboard (apple cinnamon), woohoo, so I'm having that as part of my fluid intake today. I don't mind drinking plain water, but it's just hard to get that much in sometimes so switching it up a bit by drinking herbal tea, broth, or even just adding some fresh lemon/lime juice helps make it more tolerable . Again, it's one of those things I wish I didn't have to think about, but if I don't, it'll get neglected.

This was a slow week...lol, I cannot wait to be in the 20s tomorrow and have the teen weeks behind me !

28. Default

20 weeks tomorrow!! That is super exciting!!

I'm sorry that you've been stressed this week. I know how that goes.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Awesome Kelly! So glad youre feeling better. Happy 20 weeks for tomorrw!!!!!
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014

20 weeks tomorrow!! That is super exciting!!

I'm sorry that you've been stressed this week. I know how that goes.
    Thanks Dorcas !

I'm usually very optimistic about things, but on occasion I crash . My u/s was all good news really, but that whole looking at my "thick placenta" thing for half an hour and having to have not only the tech but 2 drs assess it was unnerving. Of course, feeling crampy all week hasn't helped .

Anyway, I'm definitely feeling more up today !