Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: kellyowens/Kelly updates :)

Thank you ladies !

Lizzy...yup, the dr said to follow up with my pcp, my OB, and possibly a cardiologist if I continue to feel out of breath. The pulmonologist recommended I follow up with them or a pulmonologist of my choosing and an allergist/immunologist.

The health care system my OB and PCP are with all work together so I really should have to just talk to my OB and he'll set up the referrals necessary . My OB may just have my PCP do it, but because I'm pg I seriously doubt my PCP will handle it since I'm already with MFM.

The pulmonologist said that too about the symbicort...that it's not a known side effect, but not impossible that it may just be how my body reacted to both meds . It's a bit of a mystery but I'm thankful to be feeling better.

I'm still a little concerned about my heart rate being high without knowing it and and having it affect the baby/pg somehow. If it's in the 120s walking slowly does that mean it's going to increase substantially with my typical routine?? I'm anxious to address my new million and one concerns with my ob on Monday, lol
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I would start a list.....It is hard to remember all the questions we want to ask the doctor when we get there.... and when we leave....there is almost always a few more questions that we should have asked before we left. (Working as a nurse, I tell this to just about everyone who has a lot going on, and a lot of questions....sometimes all the questions won't need to be asked if the doctor is detailed, but it is always good to have that list....often when we get a new diagnosis of any sort, just the fact that we are talking about something kinda scary can make anyone's mind go blank)
    I wish you the best of luck and pray that you are on the mend!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Thanks Lizzy! I actually just downloaded microsoft office on my laptop (my Mother's Day gift to myself ) and will be writing my questions/concerns down as I think of them...then printing them out to take with me Monday .

If anyone thinks of anything I should ask that I might not think of I'm definitely open to it!

My heart rate was over the 100 this morning and I think it is thyroid. My BP has also been in higher ranges and all my life I've been with low BP ' 90/60. Only with pregnancy I get higher BP rates and with this one it went over allowed 139/89 a couple of times.
    I have a mild asthma and respiratory allergies and been on homeopathic treatment for a year as regular oral antihistamines dont work for me anymore. I have significant improvement but I still get bronchospasms from time to time and it also causes my heart rate and BP to go up.
    Hope new meds work well for you and you start feeling completely fine soon.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

So glad you are home now! You must feel so much better just being in your environment!!!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    My heart rate was over the 100 this morning and I think it is thyroid. My BP has also been in higher ranges and all my life I've been with low BP ' 90/60. Only with pregnancy I get higher BP rates and with this one it went over allowed 139/89 a couple of times.
    I have a mild asthma and respiratory allergies and been on homeopathic treatment for a year as regular oral antihistamines dont work for me anymore. I have significant improvement but I still get bronchospasms from time to time and it also causes my heart rate and BP to go up.
    Hope new meds work well for you and you start feeling completely fine soon.
    My bp has been higher than usual for me too this pg, but not bad. It comes back down after I sit for awhile. I had to do an orthostatic test while I was in the hospital where they take my BP, pulse, and check oxygen sat when I'm laying down, then sitting up, and finally standing. It went from 106/65ish lying down to 115/70ish when sitting and up to 137/75 when standing. My oxygen levels stayed good, but my heart rate went way up too. The dr said it wasn't so much the actual numbers but the rise in the numbers that was unexpected. They wanted my HR under 120 while walking before I could go home and it was 115-120. She was still concerned though because it was so much higher than my normal resting HR...she just said to follow up with my regular dr.

Did you end up starting thyroid meds?

Brittany...it feels awesome to be home again ! LOL, I've actually been up cleaning and organizing all day . The pulmonologist said I really need to focus on deep breathing and staying mobile the next few days to help those lower lobes of my lungs open up. I haven't had any spotting since Wednesday so although I'm taking it easy still, I'm lifting my "modified bed rest" activity restrictions...I'm not sure, but I wonder if being more sedentary than I'm used to the last few weeks has contributed in part to how severely I reacted ??

Anyway, just trying to focus on breathing, fluids, and avoiding triggers (it can take 1-2wks for the new asthma meds to reach full efficiency). I may go for a short walk outside today if it warms up a bit more, but I'm hesitant and may just end up slowly walking on the treadmill instead.

I'm also eliminating my afternoon cup of coffee in hopes it will help with my heart rate .

Oh...and...

14wks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, for whatever reason that just feels soooo much further along than 13wks !

8. Default

Woo Hoo!! It IS so much further along than 13 weeks!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay! One more week down!
    I did start the meds. The numbers have improved but my a-tpo is still under 34 which is the marker (though it went ftom 29 to 32). I am continuing with 50mg and will retest in 4 weeks again. I can't say I feel any different as no improvement but I guess takes time.

Awwww 14 weeks! That us such an important week for me too!
    I m/c on that day, but Los heart had stopped the day before (measurements according to genetics said week 12 but u/s measurements said 13w6d )

I'm so thrilled for you! Despite all the hiccups I think you've got one strong body and one strong kiddo!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

14 weeks is awesome!!

I hope you start making big improvements soon in the health department!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Oh...and...

14wks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, for whatever reason that just feels soooo much further along than 13wks !
    Wahoo!!!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Thanks ladies !!!

Time is just flying now!! I keep looking at my ticker and can't believe I'm pushing 15wks, wowsa ! I felt like it took *forever* to get to 12wks in comparison . I have soooo much going on between now and the 4th of July that the next 5ish weeks are going to be a whirlwind I think, but it'll be a good whirlwind .

I have to clean our basement today and I'm a little nervous because I can smell mildew and I need to locate the source so I can get rid of it. I'm going to wear a dust mask as a precaution, not sure if it'll help much, but it must be better than nothing.

I'm buying allergen covers for our bed and pillows too and calling around to get quotes on having our vents/ductwork professionally cleaned (all recommended by the pulmonologist). I've been looking at hard flooring since our carpet does need to be replaced...it's not in the budget right now, but it's certainly something we can save for .

We have allergies here too (DH and ds1 have bad asthma, both on daily controllers and need rescue inhalers). Hard wood is nice, but pricey.... DH is a contractor, we always suggest a good quality laminate for more budget friendly reasons. Thicker laminate holds up better to constant dropping objects but also a good top coat that is scratch resistant helps with pets and hot wheels

We have a "hand scrapped" look laminate now (it was in our budget and I was all paranoid preggo with ds1). In our new house I am trying to budget us for hard wood, so I totally get the wanting to hold out for a better budget!

Thank you Brittany!!

It's so frustrating having to make such expensive changes , but it'll be worth it I think .

I'm going to talk with dh about removing the downstairs carpet for now since it's sealed concrete underneath which will work fine until we install something else. It's possible just removing that carpet will go a long way in reducing some of the overwhelming allergens (the former owners' pets stayed primarily downstairs). I'd like to wait on up here though...we'd have to paint/seal the subfloor and that just sounds like A LOT of work. We've lived with subfloors before and I'm not really willing to do it again. If nothing else, maybe we could redo just our bedroom floors with hardwood for now so I'm not sleeping in an allergen infested room .

I did buy allergy protector pillow and mattress covers today. I bought two new pillows too (ours were in need of being replaced anyway).

16. Default

I would definitely put the hardwoods in your bedroom first and foremost. Since you spend, hopefully, at least 8 hours a day in there sleeping ... it's going to be the most bang for your buck in terms of allergen reduction.

We have laminate floors in our house and they have done pretty well. Since I don't plan on staying here for the long term, I didn't want to invest in hardwoods in this home. Plus, I don't think I'd get a return (or even break even) on that investment in my neighborhood.

I would probably contact a realtor (you mentioned this somewhere) to confirm what your neighborhood market will do best with. You'll have the same benefit whether you choose hardwood or laminate, so it's more of a resale choice, I think.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

My parents just finished their downstairs master with hardwoods to match the rest of the downstairs....and their allergies immediately started to get better. Its amazing what carpet can hold. I want to hardwood our upstairs landing and master bedroom too. I think it would make a huge difference in dh allergies. He is very sensitive to dust.

That is so good to hear Brenda!! Making changes is hard and I'm skeptical by nature, lol, so I have moments of wondering if it's really going to make enough of an impact to make it worth it, but from what I'm hearing from others it really does help .

Wow, it feels soooo good to be back in the saddle again ! LOL, I've got about 20 loads of laundry to do (not kidding) so that's my goal for today. That, and getting dd's graduation open house invites in the mail (waaay behind on that, but I have a good excuse ).

And today, I'm celebrating 1wk of no spotting or bleeding whatsoever (despite having dtd, gone grocery shopping, and been on my feet almost constantly the last few days) !!!!! Mocha sounds great so my anxiety about the pg is waaaaay down and I'm feeling very confident things will continue to progress well .

that's so exciting

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    That is so good to hear Brenda!! Making changes is hard and I'm skeptical by nature, lol, so I have moments of wondering if it's really going to make enough of an impact to make it worth it, but from what I'm hearing from others it really does help .

Wow, it feels soooo good to be back in the saddle again ! LOL, I've got about 20 loads of laundry to do (not kidding) so that's my goal for today. That, and getting dd's graduation open house invites in the mail (waaay behind on that, but I have a good excuse ).

And today, I'm celebrating 1wk of no spotting or bleeding whatsoever (despite having dtd, gone grocery shopping, and been on my feet almost constantly the last few days) !!!!! Mocha sounds great so my anxiety about the pg is waaaaay down and I'm feeling very confident things will continue to progress well .

I wondered about you and the laundry! Im buried in it with just two kiddos! Hooray for no bleeding or spotting lets hope its gone for good! Just remember that you are preggo and superwoman needs to take it easy these days!

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

LOL, Ali, I keep telling myself to take it easy and it's ridiculous how much of an effort it is to *slow down* now that I feel better . I take the stairs two at a time going up and realize when I get to the top, oh, probably should not have done that !! I have been taking time once or twice an hour to focus on "breathing for baby"...it might sound silly, but I've gotten so used to shallow breathing due to asthma that even though I *can* breathe better now, I still don't take deep breaths (lol, until the pulmonologist showed me what a "deep breath" is I thought I *was* breathing deeply, evidently not).

So, I'm having some anxiety about this weekend ...my SIL called and I know I should have just said no, BUT, it's DS's bday and my nephew is his best friend. Anyway, she called yesterday and asked if they could come over on Sunday. The problem is she has a bad cold and was so hoarse she could barely talk !!! I'm sure she's assuming she'll be better by then, but what if her kids are still contagious (I know her ds hasn't had it because he calls my ds almost every day). Having just been in the hospital with asthma complications and knowing my meds don't take full effect for another week I'm nervous about being directly exposed to a respiratory virus . Maybe I'm just over-thinking it. Her kids are 15 and 13 so they're older, but still they play with my kids who are the same ages which likely means a lot of exposure and if one of my kids get it, well, we'll likely *all* get it (which is frustrating when you have little ones especially because they tend to get it worse).

I'm mostly just venting...I'm torn between not wanting to be exposed to an icky virus and ds getting to spend the day with his bff for his bday. I'm sure it will all work out fine...just hoping we can stay healthy.

And OH MY WORD, lol, how is it that I'm 14+6wks already !!! Fastest week yet !

I would cancel and explain since you just got out of the hospital you are having troubles with handling visitors.
    Yay to almost 15 weeks!

15wks!!!!!!

I think my placenta has moved anterior as my uterus has grown because I have all sorts of placental noises towards the front and right. Since Mocha likes to hang out on my right side I can't get a count, but I can hear she is doing fine (especially since she's so wiggly...lots of movement noises ). Although, I don't feel her moving as much now and only down low to the left so that makes me think anterior placenta also .

I'm going to get a belly pic next weekend since I've got the makings of a bump .

Awesome! !!

Yikes 20 loads of laundry! Hope everything goes well with the kids and you don get sick

I can't wait to see some bump pics!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Quote Originally Posted by Lizamay View Post
    Yikes 20 loads of laundry! Hope everything goes well with the kids and you don get sick

I can't wait to see some bump pics!
    I'm on my last load right now, woohooooo !!!!! It took me 4 days (including what was added every day) of constantly running the washer and dryer during the day, phew, but it's a great feeling to have it just about done .

My SIL came Sunday and dropped off my baby things she had borrowed. When she brought in the infant car-seat my heart did a little flip-flop...just made it a little more real that we're really going to have a baby !

Aww

Baby things are so precious, just tiny and cute, hard not to love it!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

29. Default

So exciting!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

How exciting! And you are getting to 16 weeks yay!