Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Thread: kellyowens/Kelly updates :)

1. Default

That middle of the night bleeding is really puzzling and upsetting, I'm sure. I really wish there were good answers to these things instead of just "wait and see."

If you're feeling uncomfortable announcing on Mother's Day, I'd just push it back. Maybe just announce to the rest of your kiddos? That would be pretty special without it being "public." Also, having them join in the prayer force couldn't hurt, either.

I agree about the progesterone. It doesn't seem like everyone else's doctors do this, but mine checked my levels weekly and adjusted the meds accordingly. I also stayed on through to the start of week 14. It is hard to know what the right answers are because there aren't any definitive right answers.

You are on my mind and I am praying and hoping that everything is just perfect and you're just having one of those unexplained bleeding pregnancies!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    That middle of the night bleeding is really puzzling and upsetting, I'm sure. I really wish there were good answers to these things instead of just "wait and see."

If you're feeling uncomfortable announcing on Mother's Day, I'd just push it back. Maybe just announce to the rest of your kiddos? That would be pretty special without it being "public." Also, having them join in the prayer force couldn't hurt, either.

I agree about the progesterone. It doesn't seem like everyone else's doctors do this, but mine checked my levels weekly and adjusted the meds accordingly. I also stayed on through to the start of week 14. It is hard to know what the right answers are because there aren't any definitive right answers.

You are on my mind and I am praying and hoping that everything is just perfect and you're just having one of those unexplained bleeding pregnancies!
    Couldn't've said it better!

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

You are so unbelievably strong!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Thinking of you Kelly! Announcing is so tricky! I want to feel excited and when it's a secret I feel like I can't be excited. But now that I announced I'm scared something will happen I agree with everyone else you are so strong!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Couldn't've said it better!

As Natalie said, well choosen words. You will figure out what works for you. Thinking of you.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Thank you ladies !!!!

The nurse called back and the dr prescribed more progesterone, but still 1x/d. I have enough left-over from my previous prescription to double up for 10 days so I'm going to do that and then drop back to 1x/d .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

7. Default

Sounds good!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

The progesterone really seems to be helping! I actually used it after that big gush 2 nights ago and barely any spotting yesterday. After using it last night too my middle-of-the-night "gush" was very light and only minimal backache/cramps, yaay !! Really hoping this is just what my body needs to heal !!!

Oh, and I decided to spill the beans this weekend since honestly, if I wait until I "feel safe" I probably wouldn't announce until delivery .

I went to the store to get my prescription yesterday and went shopping with my oldest dd (she drove) while I waited for it to be filled. I think a change of scenery and new clothes was just what I needed, lol, feeling so refreshed today . And the sun is shining this morning which is always invigorating .

I've been on modified bed rest for 10 days and thankfully, so far, it has gone by quickly! Less than 2wks until my next appt...hoping they do an u/s to check on the "sch" for me. If they don't bring it up I'm going to ask and emphasize that it's causing a lot of anxiety for me. I have some questions too now that I've done some reading...if they're able to see it, I want to know the specific dimensions, exactly where it's located in my uterus, and if my placenta is near/covering my cervix .

No word on my 1st tri screening results yet, but they said it could take a week to get and assess all of the numbers. I've read a "positive" result is anything greater than 1:300, but that doesn't make sense since based on age my risk of Down's is already 1:250 which is a breater risk than 1:300. So maybe the other screenings bring that risk number up if they're within the normal range ? I'm not worried about it, just wanting to understand, lol, it's the nerd in me

My 10yr old dd is getting orthodontia applied this afternoon...it's called a "Herbst with expander" and then she's getting the braces in July. My oldest had orthodontia too, but just braces so this will be a new experience. I'm hoping her mouth isn't too sore...poor pumpkin is already prone to mouth ulcers and oral fibromas, gets them with even the slightest irritation . She's just going to have to get really good about applying the dental wax on everything to keep it from bothering her mouth.

Yay, hope you are feeling better and the spotting goes away completely!!! And I think its great you spilled the beans!!

Eek, look what I did:

I'm soooo not creative so I was pretty excited to find an online scrap-booking app . This will be our FB announcement on Mother's Day

I like it!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Loooooooooooooooove it

Love it Kelly

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

14. Default

Looks GREAT Kelly!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I love it!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

thanks ladies!

Looks lovely. On computers use picmonkey.com it is free and allows free download of what you've made.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I love that Kelly! I wish I'd have come up with that. Lol

Thank you ladies ! Only 3 more days until my 2nd tri !! I'm going to tell my youngest kiddos on Saturday...excited for them to know !

Wow, the prevacid is *really* helping!! No more pg bloat either, woot !!! I have a pair of skinny jeans that I love that were getting tight, but with the bloat gone and my uterus a little higher up they fit again, yaay .

I seriously feel amazing this morning and...NO BLEEDING last night for the first time since 11wks !!!! I woke up between 3-4am like I always do to go potty and totally expected a gush, but it never came and this morning there's only a slight brown tint to the progesterone that's leaking (lol, sorry tmi )! So apparently, taking the progesterone 2x/d is really helping. Hopefully, by the time I go back to 1x/d the bleeding/spotting issue will have completely resolved (I have enough progesterone to stay doubled up for another week) .

Haha, and I have felt HUNGRY the last couple days instead of sick which is awesome!

Mocha sounded great this morning and I could hear her wiggling around .

Sounds like you're turning the corner!! I can't wait to hear how it goes with your family!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Love the announcement pic, Kelly! Woohoo! So glad the bleeding has let up and you're feeling a bit better!
    ~Andrea~

22. Default

So glad to hear about the lack of bleeding last night!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

that is wonderful news and what an adorable creative announcement!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

That sound totally amazing Kelly! I hope the bleeding just hits the road for good!

24hrs of no spotting or bleeding !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    24hrs of no spotting or bleeding !!!!!!!!!

27. Default

Oh Kelly that is FANTASTIC news!!!

I am so happy to read this! Super exciting!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Thanks ladies !!!

48hrs now with not so much as a hint of spotting and no low backache or cramping ! I can't believe how much it has reduced my anxiety levels. I feel so much more peaceful and settled, like I'm finally breathing again .

I am soooo excited about tomorrow...2nd tri here I come, wooot !! LOL, I just want today to hurry up already !!!

So glad your spotting has stopped! And yay for 2nd trimester!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Glad no more spotting. And yay to 2nd trimester!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook