Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: kellyowens/Kelly updates :)

Yay, so glad the Zofran is working! I have 2 prescriptions (one from my dec loss and one for Brooke from her attacks last year) hoping I won't need it but thankful it's within hands reach.

I know how you feel, I feel so guilty when I can't read the kids to bed. Even when we read during the day it just feels different around bed time...more snuggly.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

2. Default

Good work!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

so glad zofran is working for you kelly!

Brenda

I think that's one of the hardest aspects of pg for me even though it's only for a short time, but feeling so yucky makes me irritable with my kids and I just do not have the energy to spend time playing and interacting with them. We do school which keeps us engaged so I'm thankful we have that ...just kinda short on patience these days. I know it's only a season though and totally worth it in the end . Kids are super resilient and understanding so I know it bothers me far more than it bothers them, lol, they aren't going to be traumatized or anything . I'm sure too it seems worse to me than it really is .

It won't be much longer and the 2nd tri will be here, woot ! Ha, I can hardly believe I'll be 9wks on Saturday...it's starting to go by fast!! This week absolutely flew by . The nicer weather is definitely helping.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Woohoo, 2/3 of the way through my 1st tri !!!

I got my thyroid results today and my TSH is 1.35 which is perfect !

Baby's hb this morning was 166 ...sometimes it takes me a little while to find it, but I got it as soon as I turned the doppler on this morning .

I get short tempered with my kids too...boo.

Your little mocha is awesome! Just making it soooo easy! Yay!!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

Hooray! Things sound like they are going perfectly for you and mocha!

I updated my OP with some bio info/stats

9wks!!!!!

Woohoooo, this is officially the farthest I've made it into a pg in the last year ! Our Mocha Baby sounded perfect this morning...hr 172 !!!

The zofran is making a world of difference ...I still have some break through nausea and some days are better than others, but I feel like I can do life again, lol . Although some side effects have kicked in...despite taking a stool softener every night before bed and drinking as much water as I can stand I have constipation anyway. It's not horrible (the stool softener is helping a little I think), but not pleasant either...going to get prune juice and some prunes to see if that'll help . I felt well enough to take a leisurely walk yesterday which I think gets things moving so I'm going to try to walk for at least 10mins-20mins after lunch and dinner to see if it'll help with the slow digestion.

I started having some external irritation again from the progesterone, but it's already clearing up with some anti-fungal cream I have...only one more week and I get to reduce my dose to 1x/d (bedtime) !!! I'll be completely done in 3wks...going to be sooo nice!

I'm getting really excited about my appt on the 21st...only 9 more days . I'm supposed to go to my mom's for Easter on Sat the 19th (4hrs round trip) and to dh's gma's for Easter on Sunday the 20th (5hrs round trip), but I made a deal with dh, lol, and told him I don't expect him to go to my mom's for Easter on Saturday if he doesn't mind taking the kids to his family's the following day . I'm just not sure I can do both (riding in vehicles makes me feel sick even with zofran) and then go to my appt Monday (an hour and a half round trip), then dd's orthodontist appt on Tuesday (which has been scheduled since last August). Busy, busy, busy, but everything has a way of working out so I'm not worried about it, but it will be nice to have it behind me . Oh, and I forgot to mention also that I have an appt for 3 of my kiddos Fri the 18th for vax so it's actually 5 straight days of activity! Haha, I think I'll take the rest of that week off and call it "spring break" !

Gosh Kelly. You are busy. You're probably like I am and wouldn't want it any other way though.

Quote Originally Posted by babypayne View Post
    Gosh Kelly. You are busy. You're probably like I am and wouldn't want it any other way though.
    Exactly!

Yep, busy busy.....makes time fly!

Just saw your update in OP....wow! So much to take in.

Dh got to hear the hb today . He's not really "into" our pgs, but I waved him over, lol, and he obliged . There was a smile on his face as he listened...it was nice to see him engaged

Well, the prune juice worked, but phew what a rough night (just a lot of painful bloating and stomach cramps). I'm adding prune juice to my morning green drink cocktail, lol, and eating prunes during the day in hopes of preventing anymore issues...not fun! This pg is making me feel old

Hah on the prunes, zofran is so awful with the digestive shut down. It's funny because almost every woman I've known who's taken it (including me) says they have that side effect yet my midwives and nurses swear up and down it's not supposed to do that.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Hah on the prunes, zofran is so awful with the digestive shut down. It's funny because almost every woman I've known who's taken it (including me) says they have that side effect yet my midwives and nurses swear up and down it's not supposed to do that.
    It even said on the package insert that came with mine "may cause constipation or diarrhea" ...lol, I was secretly hoping for diarrhea, I can live with that...not that I wanted either of them, but going is my preference over not going .

That's what I feel like...not so much the not-eating-enough-fiber-or-drinking-enough-water type constipation, but like my lower digestive tract has just shut down. I'm definitely grateful for the zofran...feeling so much more functional with it, but I'm looking forward to the day I can manage without it...hopefully not much longer

I decided not to take zofran this morning because I was feeling really well...it's 11:30am and so far so good ! LOL, I may end up regretting it, but I'm hopeful that I can get through most of the day without it . Baby sounded great too, ha, otherwise I'd probably worry .

One week until my first OB appt !!

I can't believe I'm in my 10th week already...I can't wait to start feeling flutters in a few weeks !

Eek, I was looking at baby clothes yesterday and oh my word I am looking forward to being able to start buying stuff !!!

All your updates make me so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    All your updates make me so happy.
    I feel the same way about yours!

36hrs without zofran so far, woot ! I had a couple waves of yucky wash over me last night , but I had an awful headache too so I took tylenol and that actually helped with the queasies. I took benadryl before bed and am feeling okay this morning...going to go grab my cherry juice and my breakfast green drink .

I'm so thankful that in spite of feeling badly I've still been able to get my morning "shake" down...it's: POM, tart cherry juice, carrot juice, prune juice, Dr. Schulze's Superfood (green drink powder), probiotics, and pea protein powder w/cocoa powder. It sounds like a lot of juice, but it isn't...it all fits in a pint-size jar . I also have a "vinegarette" I made out of ginger, habanero peppers, garlic, and cider vinegar, but haven't been able to use it yet , lol, I'm sure by my 2nd tri I'll feel up to it. The reason it's important to me is because of my 2nd tri losses...can't help but feel it must have been an immune or clotting issue and the above foods have natural anti-inflammatory and mild blood thinning effects as well as lots of anti-oxidants. Just taking a preventative approach and if nothing else, they're all healthful foods and sure can't hurt .

And tmi, but I have to say it's nice to have my digestive tract functioning normally this morning, ugh, very grateful to have had the zofran to get me over the bumps, but the side effects were not pleasant ! I'm taking one day at a time but hopefully the nausea will be manageable without anymore zofran . Maybe when I reduce my progesterone dose this weekend that'll help too...only 4 more days !

Does the cocoa powder do anything other than add antioxidants? With all those flavors I'm surprised your drink tastes like anything other than...wet, hahaha.

The cocoa powder is for the antioxidants...lol, because it definitely doesn't improve the taste !!! I basically chug it so I don't taste it much . Oh and I add liquid chlorophyll too, forgot about that. It's actually not horrible, but it's not yummy either.

So I've made it until 3pm, but the dizziness that accompanies the nausea is starting to come back (it's the feeling you get after you get off a spinny ride at the fair...like you're still moving and it takes effort to focus or walk). The nausea isn't severe, but it's not letting up...still hoping to get through the day zofran-free (lol, the relief it would provide is still not to the caliber of the side effects it causes to make it worth it yet ) . I'm almost done with school with the kids so I should be able to go lay down in a bit which will help .

Haha, I had a baby dream, but it was *my mom* that had a baby (I was pg in the dream) !!!! She had the most precious newborn baby girl ! Eek, looking so forward to having a newborn again !!

I've totally had weird dreams like that in the past...... Yay for girl dreams!

I made it all day yesterday without zofran but I felt really awful by evening and I was a horrible grouch . I'm doing okay this morning, but I'm not going to let it get bad again .

I woke up with some brown spotting...so nerve-wracking , but there was a perfect hb as soon as I plopped the doppler down which was very reassuring . I'm assuming it's still from that hematoma...more anxious than ever to get an u/s and talk with my dr about everything.

Only 5 more days until my appt !!!

Oh and I was feeling so yucky yesterday I forgot completely until I was laying in bed :

2 months preggo as of yesterday, woooot!!!!!

So excited for you momma! Woot 9weeks!
    Ugh, spotting..... So happy you got baby on the Doppler!

Thanks Brittany !!!!

I'm super excited to almost be in the double digits, lol, even though this week feels like it has gone by fast I also feel like I've been 9wks forever !

No spotting this morning and baby sounded great...164bpm

Only 4 more days until my appt and 2 more days until I get to reduce my progesterone dose !

Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I feel like your weeks have just flown by.... I was like what! 10 weeks just around the corner!!!!

Me too Brittany !! The days go by slow sometimes, but wow, the weeks are flying !

I have had energy the last two days...still feeling a little tired, but not completely drained, yaay ! Hopefully this is a sign that the 1st tri fatigue is starting to ease up . I'm managing with the nausea by taking the zofran just once per day between 10am and 12pm and taking benadryl at night. So far no constipation with this protocol and the nausea is only rough for an hour or so before the benadryl kicks in and I go to bed.

More brown spotting this morning, but it's lessening as the day goes on and baby sounds perfect...it's been super easy finding the hb this last week so baby must be growing . I can't wait to see our Mocha on u/s again...really hoping they'll do one at my appt on Monday, especially in light of the spotting .