Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: kellyowens/Kelly updates :)

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    darn! I was hoping you would get to see your LO sooner..... I'm so happy you can pick your mocha baby up on Doppler though!

I know you are super used to your homeschool curriculum and probably have it down to strategic science but it seems like a lot! Overwhelming to read for me, considering Tristan will start transitional kinder through a hs charter this fall. He literally misses the kindergarten entrance (private, hs, public) in California by 20 days we toured a Christian private school which would allow us to appeal the entrance age limitation, but I'm just not sure (we can afford the tuition for maybe our first two kids but then it gets sooooo pricey as we add to our family and I like to be equal). I already do phonemics, phonics, decoding, blends, alphabet writing, sight words, value of numbers, writing numbers, manipulative math, time, starting money in May. Same for Brooke except instead of free hand she traces (penmanship is hard for her because of the polyneuropathy, her hands still shake).
    It was actually very overwhelming the first 3yrs...I had NO idea what I was doing and I finally broke down to DH and told him I needed more direction. We ended up going to a hs convention and they had a lecture on getting organized which helped tremendously...the other thing that helped the most was the vendor tables, just being able to see all the resources out there that I had no idea existed . Anyway, we've approached educating our kids at home in a variety of ways, but it has really only been the last few years I've really felt we're in a good groove.

It sounds like your kiddos are doing fantastically!

Do you get to choose who you deliver with or is it just who is on call at the time? I just have to go with who is on call.
    I'm guessing it's whoever is on-call, but I honestly have no idea since we just moved here 2yrs ago...I've never been to this practice and I don't know anyone here well enough to know or ask if they have experience with them. At my RE's office, which is the same health system, there are 6 REs and a number of residents, but I only saw one of each...I had a primary RE and a resident. So maybe it's similar with all the specialties...maybe I'll only see several of the OBs and at least one of them will be on-call when I deliver .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Oh...and...

8wks today!!!!!!

Congrats!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

4. Default

That's a HUGE practice!! My practice has two OB's. My Pedi office has 2 docs, also. It would be nice if well baby visits were restricted to a specific day or two so that you could feel more confident that your itty bitty wasn't getting exposed to sick kids, but I've never been told they do such a thing.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas...I was nervous at first wondering how personalized the care would be at this health system but I'm very happy with my other care-providers so far and am hoping MFM will be the same way .

To celebrate being 8wks baby made it super easy to find a hb today...168bpm and I got it *loud* and clear tonight ! I wish I would have had my tablet so I could have recorded it, but it was in a different room...bummer, but lots more opportunities for that later .

6. Default

Super exciting!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Just so happy for you Kelly!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I can't believe you're finding the hb already! What kind of Doppler so you have? Is it a nicer one? Mine is cheap. Is babe super low? I didn't find Carter's until 12 weeks and it still took me a few minutes.

Mine was given to me by a friend...it's called Sonotrax. Crazily, it has a 2mhz probe which isn't as sensitive as a 3mhz so I thought I'd be 10-12wks at least before hearing a hb! The doppler I used with previous pgs was a professional grade (it was a midwife friend's) with a 3mhz probe. I always tried to find the hb starting at 8wks but never found it prior to 8wks 6d so it's just crazy unreal I got it at 7wks this time !!

I have had occasional brown spotting this last week which my RE said is because I have a small hematoma behind the placenta...she said they are really common and won't cause any problems for the pg other than the spotting. It has been sooo great having the reassurance that everything is fine with our LO .

Ha, I went shopping at Walmart today and as I passed the clothing section I saw the cutest fold down, chevron, knit skirts! I rarely shop at Walmart for clothes because the colors and styles they have in my size are geared towards juniors and not very flattering on me, but the skirt will be perfect for an expanding waistline . I was with my mom who is visiting from out of town so I didn't have time to grab one and try it on...going to do it next week and if I love it as much as I think I'm going to I'll have to find a t-shirt and a scarf to match. The great thing about fold down waists is I can keep wearing it pp and fold it up for modesty purposes while nursing . Eek, it'll be my first "maternity" clothes purchase !

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Mine was given to me by a friend...it's called Sonotrax. Crazily, it has a 2mhz probe which isn't as sensitive as a 3mhz so I thought I'd be 10-12wks at least before hearing a hb! The doppler I used with previous pgs was a professional grade (it was a midwife friend's) with a 3mhz probe. I always tried to find the hb starting at 8wks but never found it prior to 8wks 6d so it's just crazy unreal I got it at 7wks this time !!

I have had occasional brown spotting this last week which my RE said is because I have a small hematoma behind the placenta...she said they are really common and won't cause any problems for the pg other than the spotting. It has been sooo great having the reassurance that everything is fine with our LO .

Ha, I went shopping at Walmart today and as I passed the clothing section I saw the cutest fold down, chevron, knit skirts! I rarely shop at Walmart for clothes because the colors and styles they have in my size are geared towards juniors and not very flattering on me, but the skirt will be perfect for an expanding waistline . I was with my mom who is visiting from out of town so I didn't have time to grab one and try it on...going to do it next week and if I love it as much as I think I'm going to I'll have to find a t-shirt and a scarf to match. The great thing about fold down waists is I can keep wearing it pp and fold it up for modesty purposes while nursing . Eek, it'll be my first "maternity" clothes purchase !
    Sounds super cute and eek! For the first mamma clothes purchase! Getting so real now huh!

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Haha, I've been thinking the last couple days about how nice it's going to be to feel "normal" again in a few weeks...looots of reassuring symptoms now . I didn't take benadryl last night to see how I'd do and ended up taking it after an hour because I felt sick . It doesn't take the nausea away completely, but it definitely helps and not waking up all night feeling nauseated makes a world of difference the next day . I'm constantly fatigued, but thankfully I only feel sick in the afternoon and evening so I've been able to do school with the kids and get a lot of the cleaning done before it hits. I haven't thrown up yet, but it's hard to eat because I only want to eat what sounds good and we rarely have the things on hand that sound good, lol . I think my older kids are getting really suspicious...I'm sure when I tell them they'll tell me they already know . I usually start turning a corner around 10wks...so hopefully just another 2-3wks

We moved here 2yrs ago and so far I have only made acquaintances so not knowing anyone has kind of been a blessing, lol, it would be really hard to find the energy to go anywhere or have anyone over. We'll be visiting family for Easter, but because of travel we never stay long and we won't be going up for Mother's Day so the next time we'll be around family will be for dd's open house in June. I'll be 17wks at that point, so far enough to feel better but not so far anyone will be able to tell (I don't want to steal dd's thunder...it's her day ). Anyway, my point is that it won't be hard to keep it a secret until July 4th which is important to me (I'll be 22wks).

I'll probably get a big brother t-shirt for my youngest and let my little kiddos do the "announcing" when we see dh's family on the 4th . I'll just text my family...my mom already knows and my brothers and their families don't care how they find out, lol, as long as they find out eventually .

It's so nice to be able to relax a little and feel like I plan these things having made it this far

Kelly..that skirt sounds really cute!
    I am so happy for you that you get to hear the heartbeat and everything is progressing normally so far for you!
    I know the morning sickness/evening sickness is a pain. Praying you find relief soon with that! And I completely understand not wanting to do much or see many people or have people over. My hubby is such a social light and loves to have parties at our house. I've been a complete scrudge the past month or so. I don't want to see many people or do much...Thankfully we should alllll feel better around the summer time and can enjoy the warm weather and outdoor activities.

Brenda

So glad things are progressing well for you Kelly!!!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Kelly, I just saw! So exciting! !! With dd2 I also had a clo t and it resolved on its own. Stick, baby, stick!!!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Soooo, I called and requested zofran...the nausea and accompanying dizziness has been starting earlier and earlier. Today I woke up with it and it hasn't eased up...it usually gets worse as the day goes on. Since I have reactive hypoglycemia I'm feeling like the benefits outweigh the risks . Hopefully, I won't feel poorly enough to use it every day and will start feeling better in a couple weeks.

Aww sorry you're feeling bad. I hope you won't need it everyday too!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

The progesterone may be causing the increase in symptoms...at least that is what my OB told me....she stated that the progesterone can make most people more nauseated than those who do not use it....so maybe it will ease up once you decrease your progesterone dose.....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    The progesterone may be causing the increase in symptoms...at least that is what my OB told me....she stated that the progesterone can make most people more nauseated than those who do not use it....so maybe it will ease up once you decrease your progesterone dose.....
    I hope so...only 11 more days until I drop to 1x/d and after that I'll be in the 2wk countdown for being completely done with it, yaay !

I know it must be a pain, but your symptoms are soooo reassuring! Plus, just getting baby on the Doppler is an amazing reassurance! I won't call this a "symptom" for me because I'm still not having any of those (the whole fatigue thing fizzled out quick) but I too have a hard time finding something to eat. It just has to SOUND good, lol. It's strange.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

You poor thing! Sounds like you have a strong little bean in there though!! Sorry you're getting so sick. I really hope the zofran helps. I tried sea bands, ginger, unisom, dramamine and finally zofran. Nothing truly made me feel good, but the zofran did seem to take the edge off so I could still go to work. I had chronic gagging and dry heaves all. day. long. I still have flashbacks when I smell something that made me sick during pregnancies and can't eat certain things since. Not fun, but so worth it in the end, right?
    ~Andrea~

Brittany...that's exactly how I feel, lol, I hate feeling nauseous, but it is so reassuring that I seriously don't even feel complainy...just need to get it manageable so I can keep up with school and family life .

It took me a little while to find the hb this morning, but then bam all of a sudden there it was, lol, it was so loud it actually startled me...I was ready to give up and just try again later .

Quote Originally Posted by sunkiss View Post
    You poor thing! Sounds like you have a strong little bean in there though!! Sorry you're getting so sick. I really hope the zofran helps. I tried sea bands, ginger, unisom, dramamine and finally zofran. Nothing truly made me feel good, but the zofran did seem to take the edge off so I could still go to work. I had chronic gagging and dry heaves all. day. long. I still have flashbacks when I smell something that made me sick during pregnancies and can't eat certain things since. Not fun, but so worth it in the end, right?
    That's what I'm hoping...that the zofran will just take the edge off so I can at least get school done with the kids in the morning and early afternoon. I don't have a lot to do in the later afternoon/evening so it's not as important, lol, but boy am I counting down the minutes until I can take benadryl by the time the littlest kiddos are in bed .

Ugh, yes, been fighting the gagging/heaving...it's like it's always right there, but so far no throwing up thankfully!!!

Isn't it crazy what can trigger it...of all things, Pinterest makes me feel sick, lol, I seriously cannot go to Pinterest anymore !

LOL! During my pregnancy with Nolan, I had certain days when even sounds were making me sick! The sound of water running when I washed my hands, and the "Five dollar foot-long" Subway ad on the tv/radio! I seriously had to make it stop immediately or would puke!
    ~Andrea~

Meant to ask...DDs open house for college?
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

Meant to ask...DDs open house for college?
    It's her high school graduation open house...she's a senior this year and will be a college freshman in the fall .

How awesome! Congrats to your daughter! I'm sure it will be a smooth transition into college life! Support is always great and I know you are that type of family!

I was *supposed* to complete my teaching credential this semester, and then take my 2 courses to get my Masters buuuuuutttttt I've slacked. Oh well, there's time.

Brittany...definitely lots of time still! Ha, I have a friend who went to college and got a BS in mechanical engineering...he changed his mind and decided he wanted to be a dentist. He completed his education and training at 30yrs old and is now doing great in his profession . My dh is 39 and has a BS in mechanical engineering, but is considering getting an MA in business administration so he can move up at his company. So yup, take your time for sure and enjoy your family...that's not slacking it's just rearranging priorities for now ;)

Wow, picked up my zofran prescription...much better!! I still feel a little blah, but definitely more functional and I was even able to finish my dinner (I rarely get through a whole meal...just cannot bring myself to eat much at one sitting) .

I felt well enough to be able to read my youngest kiddos their bedtime story (we're reading The Boxcar Children series). It's one of my fav times together and I haven't been able to the last week because I've felt so poorly in the evenings. Feeling thankful !

29. Default

So glad to zofran is working for you!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Thanks Dorcas, lol, I've eaten fried eggs, bean dip with plantain chips, a salad, and a bowl of honey nut cheerios since I the zofran kicked in...making up for lost time I guess !