Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Thread: kellyowens/Kelly updates :)

Maybe go in for another beta versus an u/s?
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Stop playing with pee sticks!!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Thanks ladies !

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Maybe go in for another beta versus an u/s?
    Betas aren't very encouraging for me...my beta was 24,224 the day of my mva with my last pg and no baby . My betas go up normally until 7-8wks with these "blighted ovums".

Stop playing with pee sticks!!
    LOL, I'm just trying to update my siggy !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Kelly, I totally understand your fears and I would definitely give your RE a call to see if you could come in earlier for your u/s to help ease your stress and worry. I am thinking about you and sending you prayers!!
    Four Gulls - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Betas aren't very encouraging for me...my beta was 24,224 the day of my mva with my last pg and no baby . My betas go up normally until 7-8wks with these "blighted ovums".
    So, you know I'm about to use your own logic against your fears, right? Since your previous negative experiences were registering fairly high numbers ... I believe all is really well with this pregnancy since your numbers aren't crazy high and making your test turn dates early. Also, 2-3 weeks estimate = 4 to 5 weeks, and you're still within that threshold. You're only 3 days over 5 weeks TODAY. I'm just trying to talk you off the ledge, here.

I am not insensitive to your worry and concern, I totally get it. I hope you get some relief from it soon. We love you!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

So, you know I'm about to use your own logic against your fears, right? Since your previous negative experiences were registering fairly high numbers ... I believe all is really well with this pregnancy since your numbers aren't crazy high and making your test turn dates early. Also, 2-3 weeks estimate = 4 to 5 weeks, and you're still within that threshold. You're only 3 days over 5 weeks TODAY. I'm just trying to talk you off the ledge, here.

I am not insensitive to your worry and concern, I totally get it. I hope you get some relief from it soon. We love you!
    Exactly!!!
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Exactly!!!
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

I had a dream about you last night. It's a girl and she's beautiful.

Hey, Rach, can you have that dream for me, too? ;)
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    I had a dream about you last night. It's a girl and she's beautiful.
    ^ made me cry!

Dorcas and Brittany...thank you for your encouragement !!!

I got a 3+ this morning, woot ! LOL, now I can up date my siggy !!

I still may call for an u/s this weekend and see if dh wants to go with me. Maybe we can go out for lunch or dinner...he's going out of town from Sunday-Wednesday for work so a date day would be nice . Who knows, maybe we'll get good news and it'll be a celebration date!

I wouldn't expect much at that point though (6wks). I've been doing this for a looooong time. I think that's what is hardest for me...I'm so optimistic most of the time that being realistic is boring at best and discouraging at worst, lol .

Yay for 3+ (I was actually looking for your sig to be updated already!!)

If you decide to get the u/s earlier I hope that you'll have a perfect little bean and a lovely time out with DH!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I only suggested beta because a 6 week u/s can sometimes be more upsetting than not ... there's not a ton to see at that point. Yay for the +3 this morning, hopefully that'll fill up your cup of positivity. ;)
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Yay for 3+
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I only suggested beta because a 6 week u/s can sometimes be more upsetting than not ... there's not a ton to see at that point. Yay for the +3 this morning, hopefully that'll fill up your cup of positivity. ;)
    Yup, I know . I think everyone is different in what they find encouraging and discouraging though...some people hate seeing a negative hpt and will wait as long as possible before testing. Some people hate low betas and prefer to hold out for big starting numbers. And then there are some people who are crazy discouraged over not seeing anything on u/s and prefer to wait until there's "something to see".

I don't mind negative hpts since that's a non-issue for me...I rarely see a negative hpt when ttc. Early u/s doesn't discourage me overall because I know what to expect at each stage and have had a 6wk u/s with just a gs and a week later a baby with a heartbeat. Betas however...I hate them and only do them because they're required by my RE to schedule the u/s...the fewer I have the better (not to mention I spend more time waiting for them to drop to normal after pg loss than for them to go up normally...negative association ).

The 2-3 number on the digi hpt didn't bother me (meaning that it indicates 4-5wks pg and I'm 5wks 3d)...it was that it meant my beta had not reached the point at which it gives a 3+ reading and it was at 216 a week prior...so it was a beta thing again.
    Anyway, it wasn't just worrying about my pg...it was a number of things contributing to my overall sense of "poor me" . It had been an overwhelming few days, but today has been a better day overall . We're taking care of the credit card fraud charges, dh is getting the flat tire on the car fixed today so we'll have it available by tomorrow (hit a monster pothole), my kiddos' ears are feeling better after several days on abx, I got the vax issues and mcir paperwork straightened out with the pedi, my arm is finally usable again today after an injection site reaction, got a 3+ reading on the digi, lol, and the sun is shining...things are looking up .

I agree with the 6 week beta not being much to look at. 5 weeks 3 days mine was just a circle. And I was really 6 weeks+ then it turns out. She caught up eventually.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Quote Originally Posted by mariahpoo2 View Post
    I agree with the 6 week beta not being much to look at. 5 weeks 3 days mine was just a circle. And I was really 6 weeks+ then it turns out. She caught up eventually.
    I'd be happy to see just the circle . I don't feel pg at all most of the time so just seeing *something* would be encouraging at this point. If I had an u/s later this week it would not be to date my pg or determine viability, but just to have the reassurance that there's an intra-uterine pg at all (I had a medium flow with cramping and clots from 11dpo-14dpo).

Kelly I am right here with you. I have clinical guard pregnancy tests and made the mistake of taking another yesterday. I had taken one on Friday and the line was the same as the control. No change in the darkness yesterday and I freaked out.

Then I started googling and learned that wondfo/cg generally don't have the test line steal dye from the control or if it happens, it's like, end or first trimester. I have another beta tomorrow and my u/s on Monday.

I think the hardest thing right now is being in between. I'm nauseated off and on but my symptoms aren't constant. The waiting to know something is just killer. I am also scared of a blighted ovum (had one before) or of a babe with no heartbeat at all. That's also happened. I'll be 6w6d on Monday and it just can't come fast enough!!!

I would want an early u/s too.... My huge problem is it doesn't matter how early I see a baby or a heartbeat, I've seen tons of heartbeats and great looking babies only to go back with spotting and see my poor baby with no heartbeat.

I hope this one works out for you!

I would want an early u/s too.... My huge problem is it doesn't matter how early I see a baby or a heartbeat, I've seen tons of heartbeats and great looking babies only to go back with spotting and see my poor baby with no heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by haydensmom View Post
    Kelly I am right here with you. I have clinical guard pregnancy tests and made the mistake of taking another yesterday. I had taken one on Friday and the line was the same as the control. No change in the darkness yesterday and I freaked out.

Then I started googling and learned that wondfo/cg generally don't have the test line steal dye from the control or if it happens, it's like, end or first trimester. I have another beta tomorrow and my u/s on Monday.

I think the hardest thing right now is being in between. I'm nauseated off and on but my symptoms aren't constant. The waiting to know something is just killer. I am also scared of a blighted ovum (had one before) or of a babe with no heartbeat at all. That's also happened. I'll be 6w6d on Monday and it just can't come fast enough!!!
    !!! Ugh, exactly! Thinking of you and praying for a good beta and perfect u/s Monday !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post

!!! BTDT too . An early u/s pic is usually all I have after a loss and it's at least something .

If it helps at all, my symptoms have been inconsistent, also.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

If it helps at all, my symptoms have been inconsistent, also.
    It's normal for me not to have symptoms, lol, and in hindsight after a f/t pg it's fantastic , but at the time I always think at least one or two symptoms consistently would be super encouraging
    Last edited by kellyowens; 03-18-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Love the new soggy pic Kelly. Praying for a sticky one for ya.

Soggy pic..bhaaaa...stupid spell check. Siggy pic

Hahaha, thanks Brenda !

Yay for 3+ and all of those extraneous stressors getting sorted out!

Rooting for you Kelly!

I loved Rach's dream too!!!

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

I've decided to just wait it out for my u/s on the 28th . We're on the downhill side of this week and after the weekend it will only be another few days...I'm already in the single-digit countdown, woot cabbage:!

I can't believe I'm fast approaching 6wks...sooo excited to move into my 7th wk of pg, lol, not sure why that feels like such a mile-stone, but it does !

Eta...thank you ladies for celebrating my 3+ with me !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by kellyowens; 03-19-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Kelly, Love the siggy and can't wait for next weeks u/s. Sorry you have had so much going on but glad things are looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I've decided to just wait it out for my u/s on the 28th . We're on the downhill side of this week and after the weekend it will only be another few days...I'm already in the single-digit countdown, woot cabbage:!

I can't believe I'm fast approaching 6wks...sooo excited to move into my 7th wk of pg, lol, not sure why that feels like such a mile-stone, but it does !

Eta...thank you ladies for celebrating my 3+ with me !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its a huge milestone! *hugs*