Thread: Appt update :)

Default Appt update :)

Everything looked great ...measuring 23wks, hr in the 150s, bp 100/58, and helloooo weight gain...up 5lbs in 4wks for a total of 8lbs this pg .

I saw the NP today and she was very nice . It took her awhile to find Mocha with the doppler, but we could see movement, lol, so that was reassuring until she was able to locate a hb . I have a hard time finding it too...placenta is just in the way.

They gave me the orange glucose drink to do at my convenience anytime between 24 and 28wks. I just have to drink it and be at the lab 10mins before the blood draw at the 1hr mark (no fasting required, yaay). I have an appt with my pulmonologist on the 31st at 3:40 so I'm going to go early, eat lunch at the hospital cafe, do my GD test, get a snack afterwards, and head to the pulmo's which is right there too. I'm expecting good results . So, any suggestions on what a good pre-GD test meal might be? High/low carb? High protein? Heavy/light? Any thoughts??

We discussed the pertussis vax also...dh and I will be getting it sometime after I'm 30wks.

My next appt is in 5wks on Aug 25th...I'll be 28wks!
    Last edited by kellyowens; 07-21-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I'm glad everything went well!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Great appt

Thanks ladies !

I'm fast approaching "viability" and the 3rd tri...just excited to have all of my 2nd tri appts behind me now !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Light, high protein, low carb is what I read. About 2-3 hours beforehand. Wish my OB would have told me it was non-fasting test...
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I'm so glad things are going well for you Kelly

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013