Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giving IVF another try

Thanks Kelly!

As an I had about 22 follies yesterday and have my egg retrieval set up for tomorrow! So nervous
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Wooohooooo, way to go follies !!!!

Thinking of you today and praying for a perfect ER, good fert, and healthy embabies !!!

Are you doing a freeze all or an ET?

Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thinking of you today!! Hoping for great retrieval and fertilization!

Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Thanks everyone and so sorry for not posting sooner- I have been feeling pretty lousy both physically and emotionally.

However, so far the news is pretty good. We had 24 retrieved. Of these, 1 was just a cumulus (no egg), 1 was a germinal vesicle, 4 were immature (M1), and 18 were mature (M2). Yesterday, day 1, none of the M1s and 17/18 of the M2s had fertilized. Today we found out that 2/4 M1s had fertilize and we haven't lost any of the M2s- so we have 19 embies for now! I am so scared I losing them but really thankful to at least be starting at a good place. From what I hear only about 30% make it to freeze, and then only a fraction of those become THB.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

That is a great start Liza !!!!!!! Are you transferring any freshies?

Grow embies grow!!!!!

thinking of you...I'm sure this is such a nerve-wracking process!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Sounds very promising, I hope this round ends in a bfp for you!!!

That's great news!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

We got the news today that 8 of our embryos were frozen! We are so happy!!!

ANd I got AF today!!! So we can go in tomorrow for a baseline US and if everything looks good we can start to prep my lining for the frozen embryo transfer (could not do a fresh one because my progresterone went up too quickly)
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

That's wonderful news!!

How many do you think you'll transfer?

That's wonderful news!!

How many do you think you'll transfer?

Holy Cow!!! 8 frozen embryos is amazing!!! Much luck to you this cycle!!!!!
    Four Gulls - Mary

midgetlb6 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lizamay View Post
    We got the news today that 8 of our embryos were frozen! We are so happy!!!

ANd I got AF today!!! So we can go in tomorrow for a baseline US and if everything looks good we can start to prep my lining for the frozen embryo transfer (could not do a fresh one because my progresterone went up too quickly)
    that is awesome FX

WOW, Liza, that is FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!

I am sooo happy for you and praying for a perfect cycle and sticky embies !!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!

Natalie- we will be transferring 2. We though about 1 but it is so much $ for each cycle and time consuming, and 2 is the standard, so we decided we will go with that.

My ovaries still have some cysts on them and my progesterone is a little high, so we have to wait a while longer. I will start BCPs and they will check in a week to see if I am ready to start then.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Thanks everyone!

Natalie- we will be transferring 2. We though about 1 but it is so much $ for each cycle and time consuming, and 2 is the standard, so we decided we will go with that.

My ovaries still have some cysts on them and my progesterone is a little high, so we have to wait a while longer. I will start BCPs and they will check in a week to see if I am ready to start then.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Keep us updated!!!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

8 embryos is wonderful!!!!!!!! Great job momma!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Keep us posted!!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Liza...Update!!!!!!! Dying to know if you did your FET yesterday and how everything went, eeeeek, can't wait to hear !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Cricket; 04-15-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Liiiiizaaaa, lol, where are you?????

Hoping all is well !!!!!!

Stalking for an update

Sweetie, I know you have a LOT going on, but we are anxious to hear how you are and to cheer you on!

I am so sorry! I have been swamped at work!!!!

We transferred 2 blastocysts on Friday 4/11! Doc said everything went well, so now just waiting until enough time has passed and I have enough courage to POAS. My beta is scheduled for Monday, 10dp5dt

I had a super vivid BFP dream last night- I took a wondfo and it was positive, but I couldn't believe it even though it was really really dark, so I took 2 more and they were all dark so then I took a frer and it was positive too. I was so happy I showed DH and my mom (who has passed away) and she was so happy for me! But I kept misplacing the tests and then finding them and rechecking that they were BFPs which they were- and then my friends found them and told everyone! I remember being kinda annoyed by that. It was a really weird dream. I did not want to get out of bed this morning!!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

That is a great sign Liz!!!! I KNOW this will work for you!!! 2 Blasts are fantastic!! I would be dying to POAS at this point but I know it's still kind of early and may disappoint being so early but I have great vibes for you!!!!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Oooh! Sounds great! It's probably a good thing you're busy at work - that'll make the time fly by!

Good Luck Liza! I am learning so much from your posts and how IVF really works. My DH are not there yet but we could be eventually.I hope you get alot more mature follies!
    So my progesterone did not cooperate and has continued to rise- close enough to the threshold where I will most likely be doing a freeze all. Kind of a bummer bc I have it all arranged with work, but good because I get to stim for a little bit longer. Yesterday I had 18 follies over 12mm- but only a few over 17mm- I am hoping for some more when we go back tomorrow.

Has anyone done a FET? How did your protocol take and how many appointments did you have?

woohooooo!!!!!!

So excited for you and praying for a sticky bfp !!!

I will be stalking for sure!!!!!

I am so sorry! I have been swamped at work!!!!

We transferred 2 blastocysts on Friday 4/11! Doc said everything went well, so now just waiting until enough time has passed and I have enough courage to POAS. My beta is scheduled for Monday, 10dp5dt

I had a super vivid BFP dream last night- I took a wondfo and it was positive, but I couldn't believe it even though it was really really dark, so I took 2 more and they were all dark so then I took a frer and it was positive too. I was so happy I showed DH and my mom (who has passed away) and she was so happy for me! But I kept misplacing the tests and then finding them and rechecking that they were BFPs which they were- and then my friends found them and told everyone! I remember being kinda annoyed by that. It was a really weird dream. I did not want to get out of bed this morning!!
    Wahoo!!! Can't wait until Monday!!!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Thank you everybody for your support!

I cheated and tested early and got a squinter on Thursday- it was still there yesterday so I called my RE and went and got my beta at the end of yesterday. Talked with him today- it is 128!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this means it is real!

I am still super scared about all of the things that might go wrong, especially since only other BFPs ended with MCs, but for now we are trying our best to celebrate this one success- and who know this might be a sticky bean.

kellyh- If you ever have any questions about IVF please let me know!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13