Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giving IVF another try

Default Giving IVF another try

I know I have been MIA for a little while- STC can feel so isolating sometimes. But you guys are so great and I think that I could use some of your support, because after several failed IUIs we are going to give IVF another try, this time with a new protocol at a new clinic. I just started stims yesterday, and the RE is pretty optimistic. I am just trying to be optimistic without getting my hopes up too much, since they were so optimistic with the 1st IVF which ended in a m/c and all the IUIs which ended in BFNs. I started with a AFC of 18, and I have my 1st of many monitoring US on Tuesday morning.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

We are all here for you. I'm glad you are moving forward with IVF and I'll be praying for positive results with the new RE and protocol. So exciting although stressful for you. Keep us posted! Erica

Good luck...My second round of IVF has been successful so far...and hope yours ends with a happy baby in your arms within the end of the year.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Baby dust and hugs! I hope it goes well!
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Good luck!! We're all here for you!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Good Luck!!! A starting AFC of 18 is amazing!!! Hope you have a great appt. tomorrow!
    Four Gulls - Mary

Good luck! Praying it works the first round. 👣

Can't wait to see your BFP! Good luck!

!!!!!

Sooo excited for you Liza and praying for a sticky bfp this time around !!!

Wow, your afc is spectacular !!!

What is your stim protocol this time around?

Grow follies grow!!!!!

Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way! I would love to see you end up with a beautiful baby in your arms

As far as the isolation - I totally understand. But being in here definitely definitely helps... Even when I'm just reading and not positing!

During my TTC time my participation level ebbed and flowed according to my mood. TTC and STC are difficult. We miss you when you're not around, but totally understand how it goes sometimes. So hopeful for your new protocol!!!

Great starting numbers!! I hope we'll be seeing a BFP for you really soon!

Good luck!! Hope for a BFP for you!!
    *Sara-28**Lee-28* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

**TTC since 08/01/14. 1500mg of Metformin and 2.5mg Femara**

I am so, so excited to see this!!!!! I will be stalking every step of the way!!

Wishing you a perfect cycle with a sticky BFP at the end! I know what you mean about taking some time away. When you're going through STC, this room can be painful. It's hard sometimes to see new ladies on APA end up with a BFP after only a month or two of trying when it feels like you've been trying forever. There were certain parts of my cycles/treatment that I had to clear out of this room for awhile.

It's too bad the STC room isn't what it used to be. When I was STC with DS, there were many more ladies in that room who had been where I had been and could understand how difficult it was to be in this room.

Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Good luck sweetie! I hope you get that beautiful ASAP!!!!

Thank you girls for all of your support and encouragement this is such a great place

So our 1st monitoring US this morning went well. Not much lining since I just ended AF yesterday, but the follies are starting to develop! I had 6 on the right and 8 on the left between 8-10.5, and then some more smaller ones. I think around 20 or so total. My RE wants me to have a lot (like maybe more than 30?!) and is preparing on doing a lupron trigger if needed to prevent OHSS. It sounds like a lot, but last time I had 20 and only ended up with 3 embryos and no THB, so hopefully we will end up with more this time. The RE turned the meds down, and I will have my next us in a few days.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Good Luck!!!!
    Hope all turns out great for you!!!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Thanks Lizzy! I am so happy it worked out for you!!!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Quote Originally Posted by Lizamay View Post
    Thank you girls for all of your support and encouragement this is such a great place So our 1st monitoring US this morning went well. Not much lining since I just ended AF yesterday, but the follies are starting to develop! I had 6 on the right and 8 on the left between 8-10.5, and then some more smaller ones. I think around 20 or so total. My RE wants me to have a lot (like maybe more than 30?! ) and is preparing on doing a lupron trigger if needed to prevent OHSS. It sounds like a lot, but last time I had 20 and only ended up with 3 embryos and no THB, so hopefully we will end up with more this time. The RE turned the meds down, and I will have my next us in a few days.
    !!!! cmon follies!!!!!! Sounds like a perfect beginning...everything crossed for loooots of follies !
    Last edited by kellyowens; 03-05-2014 at 11:45 AM.

That is a great AFC, and a great first appointment! Sometimes a change (in clinics) is a great thing. Seriously rooting for you!!!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

When is your next US??
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Any updates Lizamay????

Praying for perfect follies and a perfect ER !!!

Thanks everyone!

I had my second monitoring US yesterday- I have around 17 follicles between 12 and 16 mm and a bunch of more small ones. I am really hoping some of those progress since last time I had 19 and only ended up with 3 embryos. My lining was 11 and looked really good, but my progesterone has started to rise and my RE was telling me if it gets too high I will have to do a freeze all, bc that will lower my chance of implantation. I really hope it stays low I have my next monitoring appointment tomorrow. RE thinks I will either trigger tomorrow or Wednesday depending on the size of my follicles.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Getting sooo close !

Thinking of you Liza and praying those progesterone levels plateau for a bit to give your follies some time

Your lining and follies sound great, but hoping some of those smaller ones get a move on in the next couple days and if they don't then really praying you get high quality sticky embies and "less" ends up being "more" !!

!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Praying for lots of wonderful embryos!! Take care!
    Four Gulls - Mary

Sounds like a great update! Sending tons and tons of
    and hoping your progesterone cooperates!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

So my progesterone did not cooperate and has continued to rise- close enough to the threshold where I will most likely be doing a freeze all. Kind of a bummer bc I have it all arranged with work, but good because I get to stim for a little bit longer. Yesterday I had 18 follies over 12mm- but only a few over 17mm- I am hoping for some more when we go back tomorrow.

Has anyone done a FET? How did your protocol take and how many appointments did you have?
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Thinking of you Liza and really praying everything works out perfectly and you get a sticky bean or two whether this cycle or with an FET later !

Fourgulls/Mary and elizabeth8503/Lizzy have done FETs .

Cmon follies!!!!!