Thread: I suppose I'll say hello :)

Hybrid View

Default I suppose I'll say hello :)

Last Friday we found out we're having twins. There had only been one baby the previous few weeks and this second baby is hiding a bit behind the other one but both had heart beats. Baby A was measuring about 7w and had a heart rate of 148 and baby B was 6w2d and heart rate was 117. The RE thinks baby B implanted late and that's why he/she is behind.

This changes a lot for us since we will need a new vehicle, second infant seat, an additional crib, a different stroller and some other smaller items. I made a list on Amazon to help me figure out what else it is we will need to prepare ahead of time so we can buy things here and there instead of all at once.

We are really excited but also a bit nervous since I am already high risk. I know they will monitor me really closely and take great care of me as they did with my daughter but I still can't help but worry a bit about babies being small (my singleton at 38w was only 5.5 at birth) or coming early. I'm sure this is a normal concern worry for mom's pregnant with multiples.

We originally were planning on waiting to find out the gender at birth but we may find out ahead of time so we can plan a bit better for clothes and other things we may need. I'm not sure if we'll share if we find out of wait to have our family surprised.

Are there any other mom's with multiples pregnant right now? I hope I'm not the only one and have some company!

Oh....and we haven't even told our families we are pregnant yet so I know they are going to be in for a big surprise when we do share our news!
    Last edited by Tee-Ah; 02-27-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    Mother to seven flying, called home too soon.

Congrats! I hope you have a H&H 8 months or so ;)

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Thanks Katrina! I hope and pray I can make it to 36-37 weeks or beyond!!

We saw both babies again today, both doing great and good heartbeats. I can't believe it still. I'm slowly accepting reality more but when I look at the scan pictures I am just in shock and awe still!

Thanks Katrina! I hope and pray I can make it to 36-37 weeks or beyond!!

We saw both babies again today, both doing great and good heartbeats. I can't believe it still. I'm slowly accepting reality more but when I look at the scan pictures I am just in shock and awe still!

Wow! Double congratulations!!!

huge congrats and big ....so much more to consider with two and I'm sure it feels very overwhelming ♥.

Funny because we talked about this very thing...didn't realize it would actually be twins !!

Thinking of you and praying everything progresses well !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Congratulations to you, and how exciting!

Congratulations!

We're dealing with a lot of the same issues- we decided to tackle a very significant house renovation (it was now or not for a very long time and will make life easier once it's done and they're here), and still need to deal with the car (but have at least figured out what we want to do)- to be honest picking out a second crib seems simple (though I have to admit we haven't gotten to that yet).

My first was large and late- but I still worry about prematurity and whether I can get the babies to a decent size before they're born- knowing all the risks certainly hasn't helped me do anything other than worry, but I'm hopeful that it will all sort itself out in the end.

Good luck!

Congrats! Having twins really is amazing. As for having to buy extra "stuff" I would hold off on getting a second crib for now. My twins shared a crib until they were about 9 months old. now one sleeps in the crib we had from the older kids, and the other sleeps in a pack n' play. And I know what you mean about originally planning on not finding out the gender; that was our plan too since we already had a boy and a girl, but when we found out it was twins, we decided to find out.

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com

Thanks for the replies and advice everyone!!