Thread: Small update

Default Small update

Had a visit with our SW today. She said she spoke with the DSS lawyer and he said it's fine that I probably won't be able to make it to court. I guess he'd decided he wasn't likely to use my testimony anyway. He said he hates putting foster parents on the stand so it seems he wasn't planning to use me anyway.

They also said that court will happen regardless of mom's mental status. So it will not be continued again under any circumstances. So that's good news. It also looks as though dad is signing or has signed his rights away voluntarily and it will be heard or entered into record or however they do it at this court date.

So regardless of what happens with the birth we should be on the path to adoption by April and they're saying we should have a short process. Either way her parents will no longer have legal rights and we'll be her legal parents soon! I can't imagine not having to worry anymore.

Oh Leah, this is a fantastic update !!! I can't wait for everything to be final...this has been such a long road for you !

Praying it all happens very very soon for you !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Blog Entries

That's a great update. I hope everything is smooth sailing from now on.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Wonderful news! So glad for you.

Oh Leah that is the best news! I'm so happy for you and especially for baby girl in that soon she will be legally a part of her home and her family.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yay!! That is wonderful news!!

2/28/13

Wonderful update! I know that takes a lot of stress away for you, hopefully the rest will be smooth sailing!!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

It makes me so happy to read this!!!

That is such wonderful news!!
    *Sara-28**Lee-28* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

**TTC since 08/01/14. 1500mg of Metformin and 2.5mg Femara**

Yay! Great news!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Such great news! Can't wait for April to get here!

Amazing news.

I am so happy that your family has this peace going forward as you welcome your other little blessing. I would hate for there to be that added stress of parental rights not being terminated going into that window of time where your son will be born.

So happy for your family.

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

I am so happy to see this, great news! Keeping my fingers crossed.

My brother and SIL go to court next week with my nieces case. She has been with them for 14 or 15 months now, they are hoping the judge will TPR on Friday, the trial starts Tuesday...because her father (the only living bio parent she has) refuses to stipulate/sign off. With the case against him I am pretty sure my brother and SIL will win...but it is gut wrenching until you know for sure.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Quote Originally Posted by TripMomma View Post
    I am so happy to see this, great news! Keeping my fingers crossed.

My brother and SIL go to court next week with my nieces case. She has been with them for 14 or 15 months now, they are hoping the judge will TPR on Friday, the trial starts Tuesday...because her father (the only living bio parent she has) refuses to stipulate/sign off. With the case against him I am pretty sure my brother and SIL will win...but it is gut wrenching until you know for sure.
    It is definitely nerve wracking under any circumstances. You just never know what the judge will say and sometimes they make some ridiculous rulings. I think with TPR it's usually pretty well decided before they even go to court. Most lawyers and judges won't even do it unless there's an obvious outcome. Ours is supposed to be that way too. I think it'll all go according to plan but it still makes me nervous of course. I hope their court date goes well and that the judge does the right thing!

And thank you all so much for the support! It will be so amazing to finally get to this point. Just to know that even though it isn't legal yet her parents have no rights and can no longer interfere. Makes me feel like she'll be safer. Counting down the days to this court date and to finalization!

Great news!

This is the best news! How wonderful it would be to get to celebrate the birth of your son and adoption of your daughter all around the same time!