Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jen/GatorGRITS Updates

Default Jen/GatorGRITS Updates

Guess I should start my thread, right? Here is our story in a nutshell...

STC'd for 18 months to get DS, who was conceived with Clomid+dexamethasone+IUI+prometrium. He was our first BFP ever and we were told I was going to miscarry due to low beta levels. Well, I didn't and he is an absolute miracle.

Fast forward to 2012...started trying in July for #2. Got our BFP on the very first cycle, although I didn't ovulate until really late (past 40 days). Found out at an u/s at 8.5 weeks that the baby had stopped growing in the 7th week. We never saw a heartbeat. Had to have a D&C at almost 11 weeks because my body wasn't miscarrying on its own.

In Feb 2013, went back to my RE and jumped into the same protocol that gave us DS (minus the dex). Three failed cycles before my RE discovered I had polyps. Surgery in May to remove 8-9 polyps and some scar tissue (surprise!) from my D&C. Kept plugging away with different cycles with Clomid, femara, and combo injectibles. Nothing worked. Finally was told that we had exhausted our options and IVF was the next step. I took on more hours at work in order to get some medical coverage for IVF. Had an IVF consult with new RE on a Thursday, another one with current RE on Monday. Decided to go ahead with IVF through our current RE. We were in the process of getting started when I got my BFP on Wednesday (2/12).

Oh yeah, I should mention that my EDD is on DS's birthday
    Last edited by GatorGRITS; 02-23-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

So far my symptoms have been fatigue, sore boobs and some nausea off and on. I came thisclose to puking in the shower this morning but mostly because DS gave me a cold and I've had an annoying tickle in my throat for two days.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

What a story! Isn't it amazing when you get pregnant on your own?

Yay for morning sickness!!!

Congrats!!!

Amazing story! Very happy for you!
    Me(31)&DH(35). Married-2005
    B&

I still stalk this room from time to time... and jen, I had no idea you had gotten a BFP! I'm SO happy for you!! Congrats!!!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

I'm so happy to see you in here and I keep praying for a healthy sticky bean!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Thanks y'all!

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I threw up this morning. First time ever in all three pregnancies. Granted, I was having a coughing fit leading up to it but still. Makes me feel a little better that things are okay

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

You can take some of my wonderful morning sickness.....it lasts pretty much all day....and the vomiting....just pretty much constant!!!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Yeah, this ever present layer of nausea is for the birds!!

Sorry you up chucked,.. :-(. I had the ALL day m/s but it is gone more than it is here... Hang in there.

I have nausea off and on throughout the day, but that was the first time I got sick. I don't think I've ever been so happy to be sick in my life

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Such a cool story. It is amazing to get pregnant on your own after so much struggle! Congrats again DD room buddy x2! ;)

Had my first ultrasound today at my RE's office. Baby looks PERFECT! Measuring right on target and heartbeat was just perfect at 150bpm. We got to hear it and everything! Still one of the coolest sounds ever

EDD is still 10/21

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

awesome!!!!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Congrats! It is such a relief, isn't it?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Aww I'm so happy for you!

Great news!!!

Sooooo happy for you Jen !!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

First OB appt is scheduled for this Friday. I'm still on the fence about whether or not to do the ultrasound. Guess we'll see what happens once I get there!

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Why are you on the fence about doing the u/s? Where was your first u/s done?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

So excited for you and praying for a perfect appt!!!

I think wait-and-see is a good approach . Really hoping you get a heartbeat with the doppler ! If not though, I can't wait to hear how the u/s goes !!

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Why are you on the fence about doing the u/s? Where was your first u/s done?
    The first ultrasound was done at my RE's office. Baby was perfect and had a strong heartbeat, but a friend of friend lost her baby at 9 weeks after having a heartbeat earlier on, so now after hearing that, I'm terrified again.

I will be 10 weeks, 3 days at my OB appointment, which means I'll have the NT scan like 1.5-2 weeks later. Doesn't make sense to have so many ultrasounds in my opinion. Pretty sure they'll make me have one, but I'm going to request that they listen with the Doppler first. However, my nurse friend said it isn't likely I'd hear the heartbeat via Doppler that early, so maybe it just makes sense to do the ultrasound. I dunno...I'm so confused as to what to do.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Ahh, I understand, I had something like that happen to me as well, it's hard.

The doppler could work, but it's early still for that. Mine couldn't be found at 11 wks and I made them to do an u/s--but really that was b/c I had been sick and I was worried. If you've felt fine and you're going to have a scan again soon anyway, maybe waiting is a better choice for you.

I don't think there's a medical reason to do an u/s right now, just an ease your worry, type thing.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Gotcha. All Dr. offices can be so different, so there's no telling. My m/c was at 9w6d (which we just passed yesterday) so I understand your worry. Congrats to us, though! We're in double digits!!

I'll be 11 weeks at what is classically the "doppler" appointment at my OB office. I hope they don't have any issues finding the HB, but based on my last experience if they can't find the heartbeat I will surely insist on an u/s to ease my mind.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    The first ultrasound was done at my RE's office. Baby was perfect and had a strong heartbeat, but a friend of friend lost her baby at 9 weeks after having a heartbeat earlier on, so now after hearing that, I'm terrified again.I will be 10 weeks, 3 days at my OB appointment, which means I'll have the NT scan like 1.5-2 weeks later. Doesn't make sense to have so many ultrasounds in my opinion. Pretty sure they'll make me have one, but I'm going to request that they listen with the Doppler first. However, my nurse friend said it isn't likely I'd hear the heartbeat via Doppler that early, so maybe it just makes sense to do the ultrasound. I dunno...I'm so confused as to what to do.
    Makes sense..Its so hard to know what to do. If having a us gives you comfort then do it. Even if another one is two weeks later. With my second the placenta was in the front (anterior) so my midwife kept picking up my hearbeat through the Doppler until baby was 14 weeks and his heartbeat was strong enough to hear over my heartbeat.

Brenda

Well, guess my problem got solved on its own. My OB's office called this afternoon and left a message that the NP I would be seeing has been out sick and hasn't recovered well enough to come back this week. They moved me to 10:00am same day, but I can't make it at that time. I am doing a two-hour test on a baby that I already had to reschedule once due to me being ill. Pretty sure my work will be upset and I'll get reported by the patient if I move it again (just love working for a corporate HMO- not).

So, I called back and explained this to the receptionist at my OB's office and she offered me an appointment on April 10th but warned that the doctor (who lives across the street from me literally) would be on-call that day and there was a chance I'd have to be rescheduled again. Um, I'll be 12 weeks by then. Can't they just send me the referral to the NT scan place? Seems so pointless to do both when I'm already an established patient. When I suggested this to the receptionist, she said she'd talk to the office manager tomorrow and get back to me. I really have no idea what is going on at this point!

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Goodness, what an ordeal and so unnecessary. I hope they get their act together soon!

I second what Geneari said!!!

Oh sheesh !!! I'm sorry you're getting put off like that!

...praying it works out asap!

Well of course, they didn't call this morning so I called before lunch and explained the situation again. The receptionist said that she had talked to the office manager and to let me know that the 10am appointment was fine. I reiterated that I was the one who couldn't make it at 10am tomorrow. So now I have an appointment with MY OB (the one who delivered DS) on 4/1. They did let me know that she was on call that day so there is a chance I'd have to wait but whatever, I'm happy I get to see her instead of the NP that I don't like.

Anyway, the right ovary pain came back last night so I left a message for the advice nurse. When she called back, she seemed shocked that I was already 10+ weeks. I told her that I had been waiting for an appointment with them for over 3 weeks and that I called the day my pregnancy was confirmed viable at 7 weeks. She said that never should have happened and that I should have been seen by now. She didn't seemed to be concerned about the pain and said I could wait to my appointment on Tuesday and if it got worse to give them a call. I've had two bowel movements today (sorry TMI) and for the now, the pain is gone again. I think it is related somehow.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012