Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HSG on Thursday

Default HSG on Thursday

Now that I've found an RE that my insurance will cover (and one that I like, lol) my testing can begin.....again. HSG is scheduled for Thursday. And since my insurance won't pay for 2 procedures in one day, and seeing that my RE is 2 1/2 hrs away and requires a full day off work for appts, next cycle I'll have a sonohysterogram to check for anything abnormal in the uterus like scar tissue. Hate having to wait till next cycle but there is just no way to have two days off so close in the same cycle. Both tests are done between cd 6-10. So I'm kinda nervous about the HSG but not because I think they'll find something wrong, just because of the procedure itself. I know its a 'no big deal' test, but still uneasy about it.

Those that have had one done, give me your experiences.

Thanks!
    Christina(38) DH-Rob(38)DD-Rylee(4) DS-T.J. 11/2/08-Always missing my baby boy. mm/c 04/12 My Triploidy baby - Long, long journey, but truly blessed to have my DD!! Chart-TTC#2 again

No experience here but wanted to wish you good luck! I'm having an HSG done on Wednesday

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

No experience but good luck!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

I have had it done three times and it wasn't bad (for me) at all. It actually is very cool to watch the procedure being done on the screen and it is over pretty quickly. I know many women who have conceived pretty quickly after the procedure and I hope you do too!!
    Four Gulls - Mary

I've had the it done 2 times and it was not a problem for me. I had some cramping afterward but not even af like. I took ibuprofen before going so that more than likely helped. I hope all goes well and that your one of the lucky ladies that becomes pregnant afterward. Good Luck!

Blog Entries

It wasn't bad for me either. The most painful part was when he grabbed my cervix to hold it while he put the tube through. Otherwise it was just uncomfortable. What surprised me was the amount of discharge after. There was blood mixed with all the dye.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

I'm with the "no experience" group, but hoping and praying everything looks great and your bfp with a hh9m is right around the corner !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

midgetlb6 Guest

I rather have an HSG test done then a shot in my butt or a shot in my mouth. very simple take a pad with you and some ibprophen. They will give you a robe lay you on the table but propped up with what I call a (beaker) to open you up ( much like an annual examine)insert this skinny tiny tube and push the dye on up and you get to watch. After wars they give you tissue to grab the left overs you get dressed place you pad as more will run out and your done. They may also warn you that a lot of Women become pregnant after this procedure. GL

Thanks everyone. My old insurance wouldn't cover it because they saw it as kind of a 'corrective procedure' as many had became pregnant afterwards. But my new insurance views it as testing and the new RE says there is a small number who actually become pregnant in the following cycles. I don't really have hopes that I'll get pregnant after it since my main problem is getting a good ovulation. I'll just be glad to have it over with and get on with more testing and then meds April can't come soon enough.

I meet with my dr first so I should find out my results from my b/w that I had done originally plus my cd3 b/w. Kinda worried about what they're gonna show.
    Christina(38) DH-Rob(38)DD-Rylee(4) DS-T.J. 11/2/08-Always missing my baby boy. mm/c 04/12 My Triploidy baby - Long, long journey, but truly blessed to have my DD!! Chart-TTC#2 again

Quote Originally Posted by JessieBee1027 View Post
    No experience here but wanted to wish you good luck! I'm having an HSG done on Wednesday
    GL tomorrow!

Thanks Christina! I'll let you know how it goes! We go from there to my REs office for a follow up on my DH sperm analysis and my cd3 testing - plus 2 kinds of ultrasounds! Hoping both of our "new" protocols lead to BFPs!!!!!

Thinking of you tomorrow Christina !!!!

midgetlb6 Guest

Gl today And don't forget your pad and ibprophen.

Best of luck today!

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

Good luck today! It's not that bad just slightly uncomfortable. Before mine they had a nurse come in and thoroughly explain everything which was nice too.

Good luck today!!
    Four Gulls - Mary

Thanks! Got my pads and motrin, lol. All ready but we're stuck in traffic on I-376 to Pittsburgh because of an accident. Was supposed to be there at 12:45 with the HSG at 1:45. Doesn't look like we're gonna make it on time.

Ugh, ugh, ugh !!! Hoping they can still get you in...how frustrating !

We have spillage!! Both sides. Figured we would but still nice to know. Worse part was the speculum. Went pretty quick. Neat to watch. No cramping right now, but was some when they were putting the dye in.

Now onto the next procedure next cycle in March. And then a plan for the next cycle. Woot!!

We have spillage!! Both sides. Figured we would but still nice to know. Worse part was the speculum. Went pretty quick. Neat to watch. No cramping right now, but was some when they were putting the dye in.

Now onto the next procedure next cycle in March. And then a plan for the next cycle. Woot!!

Good luck today! It's not that bad just slightly uncomfortable. Before mine they had a nurse come in and thoroughly explain everything which was nice too.
    Did everything go well with yours?

Did everything go well with yours?

Quote Originally Posted by CeCe1975 View Post

Glad it went well!

Mine was fine. My problem is more in the ovulation. My test yesterday did reveal possible endometriosis and a dip in the top of my uterus. Right now they are just focusing on the ovulation tho.

Glad it went well!

Mine was fine. My problem is more in the ovulation. My test yesterday did reveal possible endometriosis and a dip in the top of my uterus. Right now they are just focusing on the ovulation tho.
    Glad it was good. My problem is ovulation too, not the actual ovulation cause I do O, but getting a good egg and strong enough O is my problem.

Glad it went well!

Glad it was good. My problem is ovulation too, not the actual ovulation cause I do O, but getting a good egg and strong enough O is my problem.

Is it just me seeing double, lol, or is it posting my comments twice?

I think the APA website is having fits today...it's not just you

Glad everything went well today!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

midgetlb6 Guest

yeah I don't care for the beaker either lol