Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorcas / khadijavye Updates :)

No it's totally understandable! So glad for your son!

Countdown to the end of progesterone! Woot! so exciting to be out of this phase....

Gender in two weeks! Awesome!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Congratulations! on both counts!!!
    DH(34) Me (30) First child due 11/14/14

Happy 13wks!!!!!

Woohoooo, 2nd tri here you come !

Only one more week of progesterone !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thanks Kelly!! It is super exciting!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay, 2nd tri!!!!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

I didn't have to have my progesterone labs done today!

I get to stop taking the supplements next Tuesday, and my levels have been so good they said I didn't have to bother this week.

I am looking forward to starting to feel a bit better.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Woohoooo, Dorcas that is so awesome ! Less than a week !!

...praying you start having more good days than icky days soon. You've been in the thick of it longer than I have and I know I'm very ready to move on to the next phase where I feel semi-normal again

About a week and a half ago I had several good days and I had the nerve to brag about it and then I was cursed with nausea again.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay hope you get to feel better soon!

Happy 14wks!!!!!!

I saw your ticker in a different thread and thought wowsa, how did that happen so fast . I'm sure it's probably going by a bit slower for you...how are you feeling?

Happy 14 weeks!!! How exciting for you! !!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

12. Default

Thanks Ladies! I totally meant to come over here and post something about "yay 14 weeks!!" but it just never happened. See my "I feel ADD" post for reasons why.

I am feeling pretty about everything. I did NOT take my progesterone last night and so far, so good. Because the cut off for the end of the 1st trimester and the beginning of the 2nd is different on every website you check, and I wasn't told to quit progesterone until week 14, I haven't felt like I've been in the 2nd trimester until now. Yay 2nd trimester!!

Everything is going along well and my next appointment is on Monday afternoon. I'll be asking about when to expect GD testing and if I can just skip the 1hr and do the 3hr, and/or even skip them both and just monitor A1c levels? I don't mind doing the 3 hour test, it was never difficult on my system, but I'd rather not waste 3 hours of my life. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay 14 weeks and second tri! I'm still kind of in the "omg you're pregnant mode" lol!!

Maybe you can do a week of at home glucose monitoring instead??
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

14. Default

I could totally do that, but the test strip supplies were like $400 last time ...
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Oh wow, Dorcas that seems like a lot! I paid $9 for my monitor at Walmart and the strips are only $20 for 50. I'd also look into getting them on amazon in bulk .

16. Default

Hm. Yeah, I never thought about looking for them on Amazon. Where did you get your strips where they were only $20 for 50?

My insurance is CIGNA and they made me do mail order for them and due to that I ended up with a 90 day supply which I didn't really need ... that was for the strips and the lancets.

I believe I got the monitor for free.

I think, at that time, I was still trying to meet my deductive before labor. This go around, I'm only like $300 away from my deductible NOW, so going through Amazon would probably be my best option as I won't be caring about the supplies counting toward my deductible. I think I have the OneTouch Ultra, and those are 50 strips for $35. It's probably more per strip than what I'd previously paid ... the difference being that I only had to check 4 times a day for a brief period of time. Then I dropped down to twice a day, so with that change I ended up with a LOT of left over test strips.
    Last edited by khadijavye; 04-23-2014 at 09:47 AM.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I got the 50 for $20 at walmart...the system brand is: ReliOn

18. Default

Yeah, that's like 30 cents cheaper that my brand. Maybe I just need to get a cheaper monitor! ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas, congrats on getting to the second trimester, that is SO awesome! So so happy for you!
    3/2013

20. Default

Thank you Stacie! How's your trio doing?? ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

We're doing well....coming out of the haze of the very newborn stage. You will love having three, it's been a much easier transition than I was expecting!
    3/2013

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sgodwin View Post
    We're doing well....coming out of the haze of the very newborn stage. You will love having three, it's been a much easier transition than I was expecting!
    That's awesome to hear!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay on 14 weeks. I don't know about you but things seem to go quick once your into second trimester. Can you believe 181 days....

24. Default

Wow, I had completely missed the # of days! ;)

My longest pregnancy was my first. I think when you have kiddos to look after, pregnancy doesn't take as long because you have a lot of distractions!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yes for sure, distractions help!

Happy 14weeks!!!

26. Default

So I had hoped to gain nothing during my 1st trimester, but that didn't happen. Still, I only gained 2lbs and I am very proud of that.

I am feeling a bit pukey this morning. And I still feel SOOOO exhausted. When does the 2nd trimester energy kick in?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

2lbs is awesome !!

I'm so sorry you're feeling icky this morning and the fatigue is still hanging around . Have you had your iron levels checked recently? I've been anemic by 15wks in a past pg. I added Floradix liquid iron and felt worlds better within a few days and my energy levels were back to normal within 3wks .

Eta...or you could eat a lean steak everyday, lol, it's not very budget friendly, but yum
    Last edited by kellyowens; 04-24-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Aww

2nd tri good feelings felt like it took forever for me too, I hope yours comes sooner! ;)
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

29. Default

I think that I'm starting to turn the corner. I have been having a LOT of gastrointestinal discomfort, mainly with gas in my torso/back region which can get really painful. I started on a daily acid reducer on Thursday night and by Saturday I was completely better, so I feel like that was the source.

I had my OB appointment today and I had to wait nearly an hour to be seen. It was really rough because I had the boys with me and of course by the time the Dr. came in they were REALLY antsy ... as was I! The room was really hot and everyone was tired. The visit with the OB was quick. We got to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler (160) and I asked him about testing for GD since I was dx with it with DS2. He asked if I still had my monitor and said he could give me a script for new test strips so that I could randomly monitor my levels, fasting and some 2 hour post meal levels. I kinda regret asking about it, but it's really no big deal to check the levels.

So up next is the big anatomy scan, which is less "big" since we already know the gender, but it will still be awesome to see Gideon's profile and fingers and toes.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

for a great appt! Although that wait was a bit ridiculous for sure !!

I'm sooo glad you're finding some relief from the gastro stuff, ugh, dealing with some of that today and yes it is so uncomfortable! I usually start Nexium in my 2nd tri because of gastritis and heartburn, but so far so good (maalox is helping for now). Which med are you taking?

It's good you'll be monitoring your b/s levels though...maybe you can nip any potential issues in the bud early this way .

woohoo for the upcoming anatomy scan, I can't believe it's getting so close for you!! Looking forward to seeing pics !