Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Dorcas / khadijavye Updates :)

Happy 32wks!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

2. Default

Thanks Kelly!

I'm definitely feeling 32 weeks pregnant these days!

This baby makes some CRAZY movements, especially when I'm laying down. So much so that sometimes I wonder if he's just going to pop on out.

My oldest baby started Kindergarten last Friday. It was quite traumatic for my 3 year old, poor kiddo. He was REALLY mad that he wasn't going to school, too, and cried for like 20-30 minutes after we dropped off his brother! I ended up taking the day off because he was just very fragile and picked up the crying again when it looked like *I* was about to get dropped off at work.

So it looks like we'll be in a really good groove by the time the baby comes and we have to change up again. Isn't that always how it is?

In other news it has been a stressful two weeks as we've been waiting for a check to come in the mail for my Mom from the person formerly known as my father. It would appear he has decided to financially cut her off, now. She emailed her lawyer last Friday and she's going to start whatever legal proceedings come next. Aside from that, we're just waiting for mediation to happen so that this divorce can be finalized. Words cannot describe how disappointing it is to watch your mother be treated this way by the person who fathered you. It is upsetting to see what can happen to 31 years of marriage when one person just decides they are done.

So that's me over the last several weeks.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

3. Default

I fell in the parking lot at Starbucks/Jimmy John's last night! The asphalt had a hole dug out of it and I stepped right into it and went down.

I fell on my bad hip (right) and twisted my left ankle and lower belly. I didn't hit my belly at all, thankfully. Once I sat down I could feel Gideon moving around and decided to just email my OB about the incident and see if they wanted me to do anything. They called me in for monitoring this morning, so we got hooked up and monitored and all is well. I guess the biggest worry is placental detachment. I had no contractions, belly pain, or bleeding last night (or at all) so I wasn't worried enough to go to the ER ... of course in hind sight I wonder if I should always opt for the ER visit after a fall while pregnant, but happily all is well!!

DS1 started Kindergarten last Friday and the morning drop off has become increasingly more dramatic (post in Mom's in General). This morning it consisted of crying, screaming (Mommy don't leave me) and me having to pry his little fingers off of the headrest ... Ugh, it was HORRIBLE. I'm hoping it'll level off soon, but I am EXHAUSTED!!! I just didn't expect him to have this level of stress and did NOT prepare for it.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Oh Dorcas, I'm so sorry you had a bit of a scare ! So thankful everything is okay !!

Bless his little heart...I so could not handle that !!! thinking of you momma and reeeeally praying it gets easier for both of you...that would be tremendously stressful and exhausting for sure !

5. Default

Thanks Kelly!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

6. Default

6w6d to delivery!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

You're getting there, mama!

So sorry about you DS1's kindy struggles. I hope it gets better soon.

Oh man, glad everything is OK after the fall.

Is the kinder drop off getting any easier??? Thinking about you! Happy 32 weeks!!!

Brenda

10. Default

Thanks Brenda and Elle!

I bribed him on Friday and he did not scream and did not need to be dragged from the car!! Yay!! He stilled cried a good bit, but I felt "no crying" was a bit of a stretch. He got to go to a favorite local toy store and pick out a toy and at the last minute I threw in a trip to an indoor inflatable place. LOL. Totally worth it.

A little concerned how tomorrow morning is going to play out since we're coming off of a 3 day weekend ... But I am just going to take deep breaths! He's been pretty negative for most of the morning, while getting ready so far, and that wears thin! I do have a prize in place if he has "no drama drop offs" for Tuesday/Wednesday and Thursday/Friday. Trying to stretch out the days. ;). And, if he goes 5 days, in a row, with no drama drop offs I will bring lunch to school and eat with him. ;). He seemed to like that idea a lot! ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

11. Default

x-posted:

This morning the clouds parted, the skies opened up, and my big boy did NOT cry during drop off!!!!!

Completely unexpected!

He cried at home before we left and a little bit after he got into the car and then he just let it go. He read his Highlights magazine, listened to some tunes, and then we talked about all sorts of things. We were caught up in being excited about Gideon's approaching birth and talking about the good and bad about being the oldest (he decided he liked being able to have all the experiences first) and then it was time to get out the door and he was fine!!

So proud!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Great news!!! Saw the pictures from the inflatable place, that looked AWESOME!!

13. Default

Yeah, he had a REALLY good time yesterday. Poor Simon doesn't like the sound, still, so it was just Elliot.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas that's great!!! Much better drop off!! Awesome!!!!!!!!
    WRAL Channel 5 news had this post and I thought of you.

http://www.wral.com/back-to-school-t...ners/13935863/

Brenda

15. Default

Ha! Awesome! If I'd only seen that BEFORE it happened, I would have been somewhat prepared. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I'm soooo happy to hear drop off went better this morning !!!! I love your incentive ideas...that is brilliant...great job momma !

Happy 33wks!!

33 weeks Yay! !!

18. Default

I was seriously surprised to see that my ticker says I only have 42 days left to go!! Since I'm not going the full 40 weeks, that means I really have 42 - 6 = 36 days!!! Wow!! Sounds SOO much better than 5 weeks, doesn't it??

And, let me tell you ladies, I am SOOO ready. My biggest gripe is my lack of patience and my stamina. Luckily my body doesn't really hurt and it's not like I'm done from a physical standpoint ... just a mental one, which I sometimes think can be more difficult than the physical, though none of them are easy.

My c/s has been scheduled with the hospital for 10/15 @ 11:30am, though who knows what time it'll really happen. ;) I am preregistered with the hospital as well. So I feel good about all that. Evidently they've changed their pre-op procedures and now it's a phone call a week in advance ... I guess they'll pull me into the hospital if any of my answers trigger the need. I like that I don't have to go hang out at the hospital, the day before the c/s, for testing, etc. Less time in a hospital is less exposure to yucky stuff.

Kindergarten Update: Elliot is doing fantastic in school. He's getting good behavior stickers every day and doing great on all of his assignments. He still does NOT like drop off, but we haven't had any overly dramatic drop offs in over a week now, so I feel like we're definitely through the other side. We had a rough morning and he left the house in tears but he read his new book on the Titanic on the way to school and calmed down.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas that is GREAT about your scheduled C date and the post-op stuff. Yes it's good you don't have to hang around the hospital (germs YUCK). And less time away from the boys too. I am sure they will miss you when your away. So glad Elliot is doing great in Kinder. He'll get the hang of drop off. I remember my sister having a tough time for a while with drop offs. My mom use to walk us to class and I remember we walked my sister to class first and as we were on the way to my class the door to my sisters class opened and she came running down the hall crying for my mom. That happened a lot. But she eventually grew out of that and got the hang of it. I know it's so hard to watch your child upset though

Brenda

36 days!! That is so exciting!!!

2/28/13

21. Default

Definitely awesome to spend the LEAST amount of time in the hospital as possible! With Simon's birth I was out within 48 hours!! My insurance nurse for the "healthy pregnancies, healthy babies" program said I was approved for 4 nights and that I deserve it (her call was in the middle of a work from home day and RIGHT as my 3 year old had is first ever post potty training pee accident ... crazy). I laughed and said that I'd be getting home ASAP because if there's one thing that you CANNOT do in the hospital, it's REST!!

Yeah, 36 days is crazy soon, eh??
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

22. Default

Double post.
    Last edited by khadijavye; 09-09-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Definitely awesome to spend the LEAST amount of time in the hospital as possible! With Simon's birth I was out within 48 hours!! My insurance nurse for the "healthy pregnancies, healthy babies" program said I was approved for 4 nights and that I deserve it (her call was in the middle of a work from home day and RIGHT as my 3 year old had is first ever post potty training pee accident ... crazy). I laughed and said that I'd be getting home ASAP because if there's one thing that you CANNOT do in the hospital, it's REST!!

Yeah, 36 days is crazy soon, eh??
    Amen to that! Too many people coming and going to rest! I think I napped for a total of 4 hours in a 48 hour span, between nurses, cleaning people, food delivery, family and friends. Ugh. And those 4 hours were when the nurses took DD to the nursery.

Yes very hard to rest in the hospital. I hope you get out of there asap and everything goes smoothly when it comes time. Getting so close!

Getting close! I'm happy to see that Elliot is doing much better with drop offs.
    Marsha

[/url]

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by phillisamc View Post
    Getting close! I'm happy to see that Elliot is doing much better with drop offs.
    Thank you!! Me too! Such a relief to not hold my breath every morning!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

LOL, I've always thought that was hysterical too...when people suggested it must be nice for me to "get a break" in the hospital !!!!!! Makes me wonder if they've ever given birth to a newborn or even had a hospital stay for any reason...seriously, rest???...that's the last thing that happens in the hospital .

When I was hospitalized because of asthma in May the pulmo would come early in the morning and I'd get a brief lecture about not being up and walking around more to help open my lungs...ya, maybe I'd walk more if #1 it wasn't *freezing* (I was literally shivering uncontrollably by the time I got back into my bed) and #2 I could sleep for more than 5mins at a time so I could actually stand up without feeling like I was going to collapse from exhaustion...OY!

I am not a fan of hospitals and like you, always want to get home ASAP .

Praying for a brief as possible stay for you !!

28. Default

Yeah, the temperature is another issue. It's typically NOT the right temperature for anyone. I guess they keep it super cold to inhibit germ growth??
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Rest...in the hospital...ha.....that always makes me laugh too.

30. Default

My friend had her baby, unexpectedly on 9/12 ... she had a planned repeat c/s on the books for 9/17!! She checked out of the hospital 12 hours after delivery (vaginal) AMA and the hospital called CPS on her for it. Sheesh. You'd think somewhere, someone could respect a woman's ability to know her own body. This is her 3rd child ... they wanted her to stay for a 48 hour observation. There's NO need to be observed for 48 hours after a healthy, vaginal birth.

In better news today is 9/15 and a month from today Gideon will be here!! Since I've never gone into labor myself, I doubt anything will change those plans, but we'll see.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13