Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorcas / khadijavye Updates :)

such a beautyful picture. I'm glad your doctor is happy with your bs values. I know how hard it can be to make sure they are fine. You're doing great and your trubbles required some treats
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

such shots make me tear up!

Hey Dorcas...love the U/S pics and so glad to hear things are going well with you!
    3/2013

W00t W00t! 8 more days till it is only 100 days left!

5. Default

Thanks ladies!

I could actually SEE Gideon's movements this past Thursday 7/3!!

More drama from the ex Dad, but trying not to let it get me down.

Our fridge stopped working last night/ this morning. Luckily it only cost us $145 for the repair. Have I mentioned that I strongly support my boys going into a trade ... any repair like appliance, plumbing, auto, etc. I can assure you that the very nice gentleman who came to our home to repair our fridge was not here for even 30 minutes. $145/30 minutes is about what our lawyer costs. Perspective.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Eek. Sorry about dad. Hoping things work out fast and you don't get more stress
    145 wow. I could buy a new fridge here! We had a repair man fix 2 drains and a shower switch and he asked for ... 9 dollars. (60 Chinese yuan). In Russia it would cost much morE and I can imagine so would be US!

A service trade and some business skills would be a great way to go. Glad you got it fixed so quickly!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    A service trade and some business skills would be a great way to go. Glad you got it fixed so quickly!
    Agreed! Service trades are dying because younger people don't want to do those jobs. An apprenticeship and an associates in business would probably do the trick.

But, clearly, I will support whatever THEY choose.

My MIL wanted doctors, lawyers, or engineers so bad that my DH had a breakdown his freshman year in college because he was so unhappy in the engineering program. They straightened it out and he changed to English. She didn't let their father teach them very much "manual labor" stuff because her kids were going to be doctors/lawyers/engineers and they weren't going to need to work with their hands. So now I have a DH that is very hesitant about his abilities aside from his book and music knowledge whereas I was taught the whole "you can do anything you set your mind to" and am able to pretty much tackle whatever I want and have a much broader field of "whatever I want" entails.

Though I am finding that some things seem to be a bit genetic and I'm not sure how to overcome that stuff. Like my DH just does NOT open his eyes. He can never find anything and our oldest seems to be JUST.LIKE.DADDY. Seriously, yesterday DH was looking for tortillas in the deep freezer and he must have just moved like two items and proclaimed we were out. I went in and dug down and lo and behold, tortillas closer to the bottom!!

Well, now, that was a bit of a tangent, eh?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

lol Well sometimes we all need to go on tangents!

HAPPY 25 WEEKS!!! Oh my goodness.
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 07-08-2014 at 10:44 AM.

10. Default

I'm getting pretty excited!! Five days away from 100!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Happy 25wks!!!

Eeeek, I cannot believe you are almost under 100 days and only 15wks left !!!!!!!!

I am in total agreement about not wanting my kids to grow up not knowing basic maintenance stuff! I am eternally grateful dh's dad was handy and let his boys follow him around watching everything he did . Not only does dh have confidence to fix things himself, he also has a good knowledge base. Having said that though...I do agree that it is, in part, genetics and personality. Some people just aren't mechanically or maintenance minded...they think differently and truly have no idea where to even begin. All of my kids have had the same basic opportunities and experiences, but some of them just don't pick up on it even if they are specifically shown how to do something repeatedly. I used to think it was a lack of interest or even laziness when I was a younger mom, but now I realize some of them just aren't bent that way. However, lol, whether they like it or not there are a variety of basic skills that we will continue to teach and reinforce regardless of whether or not they are "good at it"...things like basic car/home/yard maintenance (changing the oil or a tire, prep and paint a wall, mow the lawn, etc...), finances, cooking/cleaning, household and budget management, etc...
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Wooohooo! 25 weeks!

100 days! And double digits from tomorrow! How exciting!

Eek, 100 days, woohooo !!!!!!!!

15. Default

Woo Hoo
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

16. Default

My BFF pointed out that exactly 3 months from today we should be welcoming Gideon into the world!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

hard to believe 2/3 of your pg is already behind you!

Happy 26wks and welcome to the 3rd tri!!!!

26 weeks! How exciting!

Man time flies...this is awesome!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Happy 27wks!!!

21. Default

HOLY NESTING!!!

This past weekend I got the nesting bug and went crazy. Finally today my thighs are not hurting as bad.

I think it feels like I went nesting crazy because I'm preparing for DS1 to start Kindergarten (exactly 1 month from today) AND having our 3rd baby!!

We ran down to Charlotte on Friday evening to look for school shoes at Stride Rite for Elliot and got both boys measured. Simon's finally size 9.5 and I knew that was the size Elliot was when we started buying Stride Rite shoes (he got orthotic insoles at that point) so I was on a mission on Saturday to FIND.THOSE.SHOES!! We started at the storage unit and had no luck, though we found some baby clothes and the summer clothes for Simon (oops!). While we were there I decided it was a good time to organize it and clean it out a bit. Happily we were able to reconfigure without a ton of effort and get more room. There were a couple of baby items that had made their way to the VERY BACK of the unit that needed to get closer so that they could be easily accessed. As happy as I was with Saturday's progress, I still had not found those size 9.5 shoes for Simon. The attic was too hot to work in that afternoon, so I scrapped further searching for the next morning.

Sunday I got into the attic and searched and searched and didn't come across the shoes, but I DID come across all of the NB and 0-3 month clothing!! Then, as I was about to give up, I found the shoes!! So all of that was great, but I still had to do a TON of work in the boy's room to move everything around, change out clothes, and just do a general clean. I am SO proud of myself that I actually got EVERYTHING done on Sunday and even managed to send DH back to the storage until that night to return packed clothing that wasn't needed at the house.

We got everything washed and put away, also!! I was amazed we were able to get it all done. My typical MO is to make a complete mess of things, with piles of clothes everywhere, and have the whole process take like 3 weeks.

I felt a little silly nesting at 27 weeks, but honestly ... it's probably the best time. I'm only going to feel more and more cumbersome as time goes by. And, since I'm likely to have my c/s at 39 weeks ... I only have 11 weeks left to get through!

I have my OB appointment tomorrow and then I guess I'm on 2 week appointments after that! Time is just REALLY flying by!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I agree, now is a good a time as any to nest! WHY NOT?? You still feel the energy to do so good for you!!! Sounds like some major progress. lol wow. Pictures of any of the progress to share?

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!!

woohoooo for some big time nesting...haha, sooo glad you found those shoes, woot !

WOW, only 11wks...you're almost in the single digit countdown !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nest away momma, lol, it is going to be here before you know it !!

24. Default

Here's what a closet for three boys looks like

Including random cool things from IKEA that haven't found a home yet. LOL

This is one of my favorites from DS2's newborn days. DS1 was so huge he didn't fit into newborn nor 0-3 month clothing!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Nice job organizing...I love it !! And that outfit is just ADORABLE !!!

LOL awesome pics!! Thanks for sharing

27. Default

Thanks on both counts!! I have a clothing purchasing problem. LOL. We have slowed WAY down over the last 18 months. I told my mother when it comes time for Simon to wear the 5T+ stuff we're going to scratch our heads and be like "we really slowed down on the clothes buying when Elliot was 5, didn't we??"

I just ADORE little cute things on little cute baby bums!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I wish I had your organizational skills. Mind coming to S.C. for a bit to help me? Lol. Shopping for little ones is so fun. Believe me, enjoy it now because in just a few short years, it's all over. They have to pick out every.little.thing. they wear, after a certain age. Or at least MY older children do.

Nice job organizing. I'm the exact same way BTW...

30. Default

Quote Originally Posted by babypayne View Post
    I wish I had your organizational skills. Mind coming to S.C. for a bit to help me? Lol. Shopping for little ones is so fun. Believe me, enjoy it now because in just a few short years, it's all over. They have to pick out every.little.thing. they wear, after a certain age. Or at least MY older children do.
    Already there with my 3 year old. I had to put into storage every shirt that CURRENTLY WOULD fit it that has a COLLAR because OMG he just won't stand for them. I hope he outgrows that by the time he starts Kindergarten because the dress code is collared shirts ...

I was just in S.C. last week. What part are you in?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13