Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Dorcas / khadijavye Updates :)

1. Default

Awww, thanks ladies!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I'm from Anderson,SC. Where were you?

3. Default

Aww, I lived in Seneca for a time while DH was pursuing a master's in English at Clemson. ;)

Currently we're living in High Point, NC.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

4. Default

I had my OB appointment this morning. My OB was at the hospital so I had a little bit of time to wait (not really too much) but the nurse came in to do the doppler/heart rate and fundal height measurement.

She told me my BP, the baby's HB, but didn't mention the fundal height. So I asked. She said, "25, a little more than last time." Well, they didn't do a fundal height check last time, just an u/s ... so maybe the doc put in details according to the u/s but I thought that was weird. Also, it freaked me slightly because I'm 27 weeks and I've never been LOWER than my week ... either on track or a week ahead.

In the back of my head my low weight gain (which is appropriate for my starting weight) and eating for GD so early had me a little concerned about whether or not Gideon was on track, size wise, so I was a little concerned with the 25. When my OB came in I told him about it and he said "Well, I'm the final say." He remeasured me and before he even got the tape to the top of my belly he said "well, I can already tell you, you're not a 25!" So his measurement was 28!!! I told him I had assumed it was a nuanced thing anyway.

I have had this irrational fear creep up that Dr. Valaoras won't be available to do Gideon's c/s. He chuckled and said "where would I be?" So we talked about 10/15 for the c/s and he said that would be fine (deal I struck with hubby over the middle name). He said my BS looks great and that I'd get 1 more u/s at 37 weeks to check for growth, but otherwise it's just these quick checks from here on out. My next appointment is actually in 3 weeks because Dr. Lewis will be in the office by himself and they're only scheduling patients that are due that week. So that puts me back on track, I'm used to appointments on even weeks with both the other boys.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

90 days to go! Glad all is well!!!

6. Default

Oh, and this OB said nothing about skipping the GTT, so I appear to be in the clear for that as well!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    90 days to go! Glad all is well!!!
    It's crazy how fast things are going!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Just another 12 weeks or less. Are you ready? Are you? Are you? :-p

I totally missed your last few posts !!

for a great appt!!!! LOL, I'm glad the dr remeasured ! Fantastic news on your bs numbers !!

Wow, 85 days !!!!!!!!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

10. Default

I know, ladies, it's just kinda crazy how fast time is moving!!

At this point it's 11 weeks and a total of just 79 days away (my ticker is for my due date, but my c/s date will be 10/15!!)

I am feeling pretty ready. The only thing that I am slightly concerned about is sleeping arrangements ... and sleep in general. Both boys still crawl into bed with me at some point in the middle of the night, DS2 anytime after 1am and DS1 around 6am typically. I think I won't be sleeping that much because I'll be worried about a big boy too close to the baby. And, of course, I don't want to make a big deal about "you can't sleep with Mommy anymore because of the baby" because I don't want to breed resentment. I'm sure it'll all work out just fine. It'll just be an adjustment, of course.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Happy 28wks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've had adjustments with sleeping arrangements in the past too . I usually sleep on the futon mattress on the floor for the first couple weeks with baby since I don't like to wake dh every time I have to change a poopy diaper (he's a fairly light sleeper) and I often have little ones join me "slumber party" style, but they aren't allowed to actually be on the futon mattress with baby and I (although I don't word it that way). We usually "camp" in the living room so I can turn the TV on quietly if needed to get everyone quiet and still. So, a new baby in the house is usually viewed as "fun", lol, because of all the "special" things (convenience foods = fun at our house too, apparently ). Anyway, it does end up working out and so far no resentment outside of some mild acting out (which I've always seen as just a need for affirmation that they're still important to me and wanted just as much as ever ).

12. Default

Thanks Kelly! You're always so reassuring!

Luckily (or not) my DH is not a light sleeper, so he's one less family member to worry about in that regard. ;) And somehow (so far!!) my babies don't tend to poop at night so I rarely had to change a poopy diaper outside of maybe the first two weeks.

Sometimes I wonder if Simon just likes to sleep with me, or if he just prefers my bed. I'm going to have to conduct some experiments for that one.

With DS1 it took me over a month before I had the courage to get into the bed at night with the baby ... but I was dealing with PTSD.
    With DS2 it only took me a week of sleeping on the couch before I braved the bed. It hadn't occurred to me to camp out anywhere else. I'll definitely have to keep that in mind.

With both boys I had the luxury of sleeping in. I have a feeling that isn't going to be the case with this LO because of the activity of the others ... I will likely be starting my day at close to 6:30 rather than the 8 - 8:30 that the boys are accustomed to now. Mainly that's going to be due to DS1 starting school (in less than a month ) and needing to be out the door by 7:30am. We're just going to have to switch to a schedule that's probably more normal to everyone else in the world.

Unless this LO continues to sleep even after I've left the bed. DS1 did not, DS2 does sometimes, so maybe natural progression will have this LO snoozing by himself. I will employ the use of my cosleeper and see if he's going to surprise us all and be an independent sleeper. We'll see. Truth is, I never learned how to get a baby to sleep in a crib.

And for 28 weeks! I feel like I can officially say I'm in the 3rd trimester now! There's so much controversy about that magical line that I just pick the later date and go with it.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Happy 29wks!!!!!!!!!

14. Default

Thanks Kelly!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Woo! 29 weeks ! Getting closer!

16. Default

10 weeks from now I should be waiting to get wheeled into the OR to have our little Gideon!! Anything could happen, but I'd be completely amazed if I went into labor on my own since it has never happened before! ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Oh my word, that is so exciting !!!! Let the 10wk countdown begin, woot !

Happy 29 weeks. Can you believe how FAST its going!!!!

Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    10 weeks from now I should be waiting to get wheeled into the OR to have our little Gideon!! Anything could happen, but I'd be completely amazed if I went into labor on my own since it has never happened before! ;)

How exciting!!!

2/28/13

30.weeks!!! Woohoo!

21. Default

9 weeks from now I'll be wheeling into the OR!

I'm celebrating 30 weeks from Texas this week. Work trip. I figured I should travel while I can. I thought it would be a nice little break from the boys and I, of course, started missing them yesterday ... not even 48 hours away. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

That's practically tomorrow!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

9 weeks from now I'll be wheeling into the OR!

I'm celebrating 30 weeks from Texas this week. Work trip. I figured I should travel while I can. I thought it would be a nice little break from the boys and I, of course, started missing them yesterday ... not even 48 hours away. ;)

YAY!! 9 more weeks!! What part of Texas? I'm in the Dallas area.

2/28/13

24. Default

I'm in Plano/Frisco at JCP Headquarters.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    That's practically tomorrow!!
    You're right!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I'm in Plano/Frisco at JCP Headquarters.

That is down the street from my office!!

2/28/13

27. Default

That's so crazy! I knew I should have made a thread to ask about anyone local to where I'd be!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Happy 30 weeks!!

I never learned to get DD1 to sleep in a crib either, but am determined to try this time. We will see how it works! Fingers crossed for both of us to have good sleepers!

DOrcas, yes the lack of sleepless nights is not something i'm looking forward too again. Isaiah was an amazing sleeper. Micah took some time. But yeah i'm not looking forward to that part again. My DH does not want co-sleeping in same bed. So i've tried to respect him on that. When he is at work and I nap I usually co-sleep during naps. But for nights I used a side car for a bit when they are tiny.We transition to a crib after the first month or so and generally work on helping baby get on a natural sleep pattern early on. It's more work on me in the beginning because I have to physically get out of bed to nurse and i'm the one who works on sleep patterns with the boys and really put my effort into sleeping. But generally both boys were STTN by 4 months and never really regressed (only very briefly during a growth spurt). So I guess it paid off eventually.I'm just not looking forward to that early part. Especially if I have PPD with this one. I had a little bit of PPD with Micah ...not for long..but I remember it. It's scary. I don't take for granted easy sleepers!!! I am preparing myself for a difficult sleeper just in case.
    Last edited by pants; 08-13-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Brenda

Happy 30wks!!!!

WOW, only 9wks ...that seems soooo soon !!!!