Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorcas / khadijavye Updates :)

1. Default

Thank you so much ladies! Your support is needed, felt, and appreciated.

I am so grateful for this community and the support that we offer each other. I'd still rather not deal with a divorce in the middle of my pregnancy, and wish I had a magic wand to take the hurt away from my Mom, but I am feeling better after reading all of your kind words of support.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    My dad broke our hearts too...won't go into it, but I don't understand how you can be with someone for 25yrs, have kids with them, and then treat them so horribly .
    Agreed, entirely. It is completely mystifying. Where is the respect for the time spent with that person and the things that they did give you while you were together??

I'm sorry that so many of us have gone through this in one form or another.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I am just looking looking at everyone's tickers and I see you are nearing 100 days! Time flies, doesn't it?

P.s. how's mom doing?

5. Default

Awww, you're on top of things!

Mom is doing better, I think. Some days are more difficult than others and I know she isn't always vocal about those difficult days. We paid the retainer today, so that's one less piece we have to worry about ... we should be good up to the day of mediation, financially.

Now we have to do our homework in terms of budgets and estimating expenses, etc. for alimony.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I really hope things somehow workout more or less smoothly and your dad cooperates well.

Thinking of you this week. Hope your well...

8. Default

Man, my post did NOT show up!

Let me see if I can remember everything I said ...

Thank you ladies for checking up on me! You're so sweet to think of me.

Sunday night we had a production website launch which started at 10pm and lasted until 7am the next morning! So I'm just now caught up on lost sleep.

23 weeks today!!

I have an appointment at 2pm tomorrow that includes another u/s because they couldn't see the aortic arch last time. Hopefully we'll get some better pictures of Gideon this time since he'll be 4 weeks bigger than last.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Happy 23wks!!!!

I can't wait to hear an update tomorrow ! I hope they're able to get a visual on the aortic arch and you get some good pics !!

You are so close to the viability milestone...so exciting...eep, only 15ish more weeks to go for you, right?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

10. Default

Yep, about 16 weeks to go!!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Happy 23 weeks. KUP on the US. I can't wait to see more baby pics

Brenda

Awesome and congrats! I am just about 6 days behind you....How have your blood sugars been lately (if I may ask)?
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

13. Default

They have been alright. I've only had 3 fasting levels above 95 in the last month, and they were all following my mother being served divorce papers. That night I had a Cake Batter Milkshake from Coldstone, so what can you expect after that?!?

I prefer for them to be under 90, but yesterday's was 94 and this morning's was 87. At my last appointment my OB basically sounded like he'd be fine with anything below 105, so I am trying to just be zen about it.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Cake Batter ice cream from Coldstone is my absolute favorite, lol, heading to the store today and may just have to stop in and get myself a "like it" !

I'm glad your dr is good with your numbers !

15. Default

Yeah, their ice cream is crazy high in carbs. ;) The "like it" sized shake has 95 carbs. NINETY FIVE CARBS!!! I recovered back down to under 120, 2 hours after eating it ... but it totally messed up my fasting numbers for 3 days. Oh, well, wait a minute ... I followed up Monday's shake with a brownie sundae from Bruster's ... so maybe it wasn't *just* the shake. It was a rough two days.

We'll see what he says today, I will be bringing him a printout of my numbers. Hopefully he's still on board with skipping the GTT and just continuing to monitor my #'s.
    Last edited by khadijavye; 06-25-2014 at 08:26 AM.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Mine haven't been too bad....I haven't really been testing too much during the day (I know...I'm naughty!) but my fasting have been below 100 for a while (minus one flub...)
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

17. Default

U/S went GREAT! The whole appointment was quick and easy!

Gideon looked so different with another 4 weeks of growth on him.

The boys were able to be there and I think Elliot really enjoyed it.

I will post the u/s image shortly.

Oh, and my OB was happy with my BS numbers and is fine with me skipping the GTT! I'm sure I'll get some questions and raised eyebrows when I see the other OB next time, but that's fine.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Hooray for not having to do the glucose test!!

19. Default

Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

20. Default

Thanks Natalie, I totally agree.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

what a great update!!!!!

Gideon looks perfect !

Yay for skipping gt....awesome...picture looks great

what a great update and picture!!!

Dorcas, you are in micro-preemie viability already, right? Is it 23 or 24 weeks where you are?

Hooray that's great news!! Took me a minute to figure out what I was looking out, then WOW a face lol Wonderful update.

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Hooray that's great news!! Took me a minute to figure out what I was looking out, then WOW a face lol Wonderful update.
    Yeah, I wanted to post it rotated, but it wouldn't for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Dorcas, you are in micro-preemie viability already, right? Is it 23 or 24 weeks where you are?
    You are right! I'm 23w 3d so definitely in that window. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

27. Default

Thanks ladies!

I need to post a side by side photo of the face shot from 4 weeks ago and this week. It is AMAZING the difference!

I cannot wait to get the 3d/4d ultrasound done!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

28. Default

The left is 4 weeks ago, the right is from Wednesday. Crazy how much growth in 4 weeks, isn't it?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Wow, great detail! It is amazing!

Wow, that is truly amazing! They do change sooo much...it's incredible how much of a difference even a week can make at this age !!