Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorcas / khadijavye Updates :)

1. Default

For GD your fasting needs to be under 90.

And I've been doing a lot of reading that suggests that everyone's should be no higher than 85.

Certainly 95 isn't high enough for them to want to put me on insulin, but I worry that if I am having trouble getting under 90 NOW, that I'm going to have a really hard time 10+ weeks from now.

It was SUPER easy for me to keep my numbers in line with DS2, so I'm just bothered by it all this time. But, it was super easy to get pregnant with DS2, also, and not so much with DS3, so I need to just let go of my expectations.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

I ward the bs is supposed to be under 100 also. Hope yours stay nice and low!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

That makes sense! I know for thyroid it's kind of like that too...once you start meds there are different expectations than for someone who isn't on meds .

praying those fbs numbers come back down!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Have you been checked for anemia? The meter I initially read high no matter what I did. They ran blood work and found out I was anemic and that the meter I was using was not appropriate. They switched me to a different one and all of a sudden my numbers got better. I went the whole pregnancy managing the GD with just diet and exercise.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I hope that there's a missing piece somewhere that will put things back together again. Maybe something has changed and you haven't found it yet.

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

6. Default

It just seems like a crapshoot, really. This morning my FBS was 79! I'd had ice cream and a cupcake after dinner and didn't have a snack AND didn't check my BS until 10am, so it was over 12 hours fasting!!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

7. Default

Thanks for the anemia tip, Jen. I will definitely bring that up at my next appointment.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Yeah....I woke up around 4....had some apple juice...was tired of water....I was hoping that my FBS would be decent......nope 103.....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

9. Default

I'm sorry Lizzy, this go round has just been crazy for me, too. I wish I had some words of wisdom. Did they have you meet with a nutritionist?
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

I met with a nutritionist/diabetic educator. Her big thing was everything in moderation and natural foods. My doctors aren't worried about my after I eat blood sugars, but they haven't said that they are extremely worried about my fasting, but that I should monitor it and try to eat before I go to bed. My biggest concern is that I still don't have an appetite....I do try and eat...about every two hours... but I just don't want to eat most of the time.
    If they suggest for me to see a nutritionist, I will, but as of right now...they haven't suggested me to yet.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

11. Default

The last two mornings my FBS has been 92, which I think is acceptable given the circumstances. I see the other doctor in the practice today, so I'm not certain how fruitful my conversation with him is going to be ... he may not even be on board with me monitoring this early. Sometimes the two docs seem to have such different philosophies it's amazing they can practice together.

My anatomy scan is today and for some reason I am feeling terrified. The worry started in yesterday and just intensified this morning. The last time I had an u/s with this doctor it was to confirm my m/c. I wish I had thought to request the other doctor for my anatomy scan; I feel I would be less worried ... oh irrational pregnancy worries! I keep reminding myself that I've seen him since ... at the 11 week appointment to get the heartbeat on the doppler, so why can't I let that appointment be the one I think about?

It doesn't help that I haven't really felt Gideon move in the last couple of days. I know that doesn't really mean much at this stage and also DS1 has been running a fever since Thursday night, so my focus has been on him and not on feeling baby movements, so it all makes sense. Still unsettling. I won't be surprised if my BP is up at the appointment. They should ALWAYS wait (or recheck) to check your BP until AFTER you've seen/heard your baby. Right??

I really wanted the whole family to be at the u/s today, but I won't be bringing the kids if DS's fever hasn't gone completely. He woke up fever free for the first time in 5 days. He's definitely on the mend, but I certainly wouldn't want to expose any other mothers or babies to whatever it is he has. Thankfully, so far, he's the only one with the illness.

My appointment is at 2pm EST and I am certain that I'll be updating that everything looks great and we're perfectly on track. Some prayers for me to calm down wouldn't hurt, though.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Sending prayers your way! You are right, it will be great. And I can't wait to see pictures so you need to make sure they give you lots of them!!!! Good luck and sending calming vibes your way. 2:00pm will be here soon enough, keep yourself busy!! AHH! I'm so excited for you.

Praying for peace, Dorcas!! I totally understand your worries...I shake like a leaf on my way to my u/s appts and then hold my breath a little as they put the transducer on. I have cried every time this pg when I see baby is fine...just the relief . Ha and you are sooo right, they should *not* take our bp until we've seen baby !!!!!!!

I hope your sweetie feels better today so he can go! I was bummed yesterday when my almost 15y/o dd told me she would be at camp the week of my anatomy scan (she's a junior counselor)...I really wanted her to be there (going to ask if they'll put it on a disc for me so I can show my kids ). She was at my last birth and was amazing!! Praying the rest of you stay healthy!

I can't wait for your update and looking forward to seeing some pics !!!!!

It'll be fantastic momma !!!!!!!

14. Default

All is well!

Thank you SOO much for your support ladies! I wasn't nervous at all going into the appointment, so your prayers and positive thoughts worked!

I'll upload pics in a few.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

15. Default

Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

16. Default

Also, my Doctor said as long as I'm under 105 for my fasting sugars I'm fine. I think that's pretty much their cutoff for adding meds or insulin.

He also seemed to be okay with me NOT doing the GTT test and just doing twice daily levels and calling it a day. So basically I think I need to have my 28 week appointment with him. ;)
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

for a great appt and lovely pictures I'm glad to hear that everything is okay. You're doing perfect!
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Yay for a great appt. And congratulations on having a sweet little boy. 😍

Aww!

Nice on not having to do the extra tests, I hope he wrote that down somewhere!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

20. Default

Thanks ladies! It was quite a relief to see him moving around.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Great update and love the pics !!!

That is fantastic news regarding your GD testing...that would be awesome, I hope both drs are in agreement on it and your numbers keep looking good !

Yay! And certainly a boy!
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Yay for good results! I'm jealous you've already had your anatomy scan. I still have to wait two more weeks for mine. Grrr!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Congrats on your little guy!
    It is reassuring to know the below the 105...mine has stayed below that minus one or two times....and my appetite still hasn't come back....although I am doing my best to eat healthy....

25. Default

And, wouldn't you know it ladies, my FBS was 89 this morning!!

I wonder how much stress impacts those numbers.

I ate later than normal last night (8:30) and didn't have a snack before bed because my stomach was still so full. In fact, it still feels full and I'm feeling a little nauseated.

This S L O W digestive system is killing me this time around ... though I doubt it's that much worse than with my other two boys.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    Yay for good results! I'm jealous you've already had your anatomy scan. I still have to wait two more weeks for mine. Grrr!
    I'm sorry you have two more weeks to wait!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    Congrats on your little guy!
    It is reassuring to know the below the 105...mine has stayed below that minus one or two times....and my appetite still hasn't come back....although I am doing my best to eat healthy....
    It is, and it isn't. These two doctors differ so much sometimes I wonder if at my next appointment the other doctor is going to say that anything above 95 worries him. Oh well, I'm just not going to stress over it anymore!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Good plan to not stress ...you're doing everything you can on your part so que sera sera .

I was going to ask you Dorcas since I don't know much about bs...is a random bs of 151 bad? I am assuming the symptoms I have right now are all due to allergies/asthma/symbicort, but ended up checking my bs the other night because I was having terrible palps/arrhythmia and since everything but my heart rate seemed fine I just wanted to see where my bs was at (thought maybe it was lowish actually which is why I have the meter at all: hypoglycemia). Anyway, it was 151...not sure exactly when I had last eaten, lol, but it hadn't been more than 2hrs and it was peanut butter-chocolate no-bake cookies so definitely high in sugar/carbs and not healthy. I'm assuming that's why the highish reading (or maybe it's not...it just seemed high for me since I rarely have a reading over 120 no matter what I eat). Thoughts??

A random bs isn't helpful unfortunately, there are too many factors that play into it. You'd need to wait a specific amount of time after eating to test to have a better idea of the real numbers.

30. Default

I think that reading, after eating what you ate and timing being no more than 2 hours, wasn't high enough in itself to cause alarm and prompt me to test further.

If your number had been over 200, I probably would have checked a couple more times to make sure the levels weren't staying high.

Most people will have a BS spike after eating high carb/sugar foods, diabetes or not. The standard, I believe for everyone, is to be back to fasting levels 3 hours after first bite of food.

I think random BS checks CAN be helpful in terms of giving you a snapshot to determine if additional testing is needed, but random checks obviously don't offer a big picture view like consistent monitoring does.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13