Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorcas / khadijavye Updates :)

1. Default

After aggressively cleaning my kitchen today my inner thighs were all achy like they are if AF is on the way and it kinda freaked me out for a moment until I realized, duh, you just did A LOT of work on your legs .... of course you're going to be achy. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Lol, ease up lady! Haha
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

All that energy has it's consequences!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

LOL, well I'm glad it's just sore muscles ! And yaaay for a clean kitchen ! A clean kitchen just makes the entire house feel cleaner .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

5. Default

Yeah, the key now is to KEEP it clean! ;)

I was cleaning in preparation for Simon's birthday party ... I assure you there was no extra burst of energy, it was just something that needed to be done. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Let me know how keeping it clean works out, lol! My kitchen looked great yesterday and now looks like a small Tasmanian devil went through it.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Nesting hit you hard!!! I am so grateful for a husband who does dishes, arranges and cleans the kitchen thoroughly lol I do that with the bathrooms.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

8. Default

Yeah, my cleaning yesterday was party guest cleaning. You know like wiping down stuff you just don't on a daily basis and giving the floor a good cleaning (thought I bought a cool new Hoover Hard Floor Cleaner so it's not like I was on my hands and knees!). My DH focused on the "man cave" and the living room with the kids (cleaning up all their toys) and my mother (who lives with us) tackled the main bathroom.

So far, so good on the kitchen. We're usually good for maintaining at least a couple of days. ;) Living room still looks really good and the bathroom, other than dirt the boys tracked in, looks great still!!

DH has gotten WAY better with helping to keep the house clean over the last several years, but he doesn't clean the kitchen like I do, you know? Like he'll load up the dishwasher but leave the pots and pans in the sink. Oh well, at least the dish washer gets loaded, right? ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

9. Default

So I'm up, in the middle of the night, because I can't seem to get my fasting BS levels below 90.

I went to bed with the kiddos at 8:30 and so that was going to be well over the 9-10 hour threshold for fasting. When I woke up to pee I decided to get up and have some milk to see if it helps my fasting numbers in the morning. I took my BS beforehand and it was 98, so that's still not great. These fasting numbers really have me stumped this time.

Last night I had a rough night (the kind when you're waking a lot) and so I was up at 6am and took my BS then. It was 86, but I wasn't up for the day and so when I took it again, nearly 2 hours later, it was 108!

I'm also having reflux problems due to a slow digestive system, so it's hard to eat a snack *right* before bed because my brain tells me I want to be up for 2 hours after I put food in my mouth to minimize reflux. I'm sleeping propped up with pillows, but that's not the most comfortable setup.

Even this milk in my stomach now feels heavy, if that makes sense. And I'm on an acid reducer (Zantac) that I take daily before dinner ... I'm just so frustrated with this situation. I'm going to ask to see a dietitian this time around if I don't get my fasting numbers under control by next OB visit on 5/28.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

10. Default

On a positive note, my kitchen is still pretty clean!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

11. Default

My BS this morning was 89!!! So I guess the milk in the middle of the night worked.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

that's fantastic Dorcas!!!! I'm so happy for you that you're figuring out what works !

Oh and I'm a day late, but:

Happy 18wks!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, how are you 18wks already?!?!?...time is just flying !!!!!!!

Yay for finding a solution! Hope it keeps working for you, Dorcas!

Happy 18 weeks!!!

15. Default

Awww, thanks ladies! I know, right, 18 weeks!!

Evidently I might be cheating by doing the milk in the middle of the night because then I'm not truly fasting for 8 hours ... but it doesn't always work out that I'm able to check after 8 hours of sleep. Grrr! I'm doing more research online today.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yeah, I have given up trying to get my fasting blood sugars below 90....It doesn't seem to matter what I do to make them go down, nothing seems to work....I hope that everything else is looking good....
    AND HAPPY 18 WEEKS!!!!!!!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Happy 18 weeks! Hope sugar goes down to desired levels.

I thought the goal was to keep blood sugar under control. So if having milk at night helps with balancing and giving you a good first morning reading why not do it....

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    I thought the goal was to keep blood sugar under control. So if having milk at night helps with balancing and giving you a good first morning reading why not do it....
    I totally agree! Having a good fasting level after 6 or 7 hours of sleep because of the milk is more worth than waiting two more hours and letting your body be unbalanced just to have a fasting measurement at exacly eight hours. My dietician also mentioned that you shouldn't go too long without a snack because you then start to break down fat what leads to ketone bodies and too high ketone levels are not good for the baby either. But I haven't done any research on the ketones. I think you're doing fine with your glas of milk as long as it helps with the fasting levels!
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Oh and off topic but this is for you Dorcas http://www.scarymommy.com/the-10-bes...ving-all-boys/

21. Default

I posted it on FB today! Isn't it awesome?? I love it!

Especially #4!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissgirl View Post
    I totally agree! Having a good fasting level after 6 or 7 hours of sleep because of the milk is more worth than waiting two more hours and letting your body be unbalanced just to have a fasting measurement at exacly eight hours. My dietician also mentioned that you shouldn't go too long without a snack because you then start to break down fat what leads to ketone bodies and too high ketone levels are not good for the baby either. But I haven't done any research on the ketones. I think you're doing fine with your glas of milk as long as it helps with the fasting levels!
    Thanks ladies! I agree too. I'm going to talk with my OB next week and I'll probably get a dietician/nutritionist referral to get questions like those answered.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    Yeah, I have given up trying to get my fasting blood sugars below 90....It doesn't seem to matter what I do to make them go down, nothing seems to work....I hope that everything else is looking good....
    AND HAPPY 18 WEEKS!!!!!!!
    The fasting levels can be the MOST difficult. It is a lot of trial and error. My post meal numbers are great, though.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

My fasting range from 86-106...I haven't had a single reading over 130 for my post meals....and most of the time they are 100s and 90s
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Try cinnamon on an apple (or half) before bed. Cinnamon is supposed to help lower blood sugar naturally. It always worked for me to get my fasting BS lower.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

25. Default

Okay, Jen. I just sprinkled some on my palm and licked it. Hopefully it doesn't cause any issues with my reflux.

I'll let you know how it went in the morning.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

You just licked it with nothing else...you are braver than me!

You can put it in tea too!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Glad you got your blood sugar down! And your kitchen is still clean!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

28. Default

This morning's level was 95.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

My FIL always adds cinnamon on top of all his meals
    Just a pinch. If you can also find real Pu'Er tea in Chinese stores - it lowers sugar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    This morning's level was 95.
    My fbs is always in the upper 90s...I was under the impression that it was fine as long as it's under 100 . Is it only a concern because you're at risk for GD?