Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorcas / khadijavye Updates :)

Oh man, I really feel you on the extra gassiness. The pains were really bad and sharp on Saturday night... A little bothersome on Sunday. It makes my whole tummy feel tender. Boo, I hope yours eases up!

Yay for baby heartbeat! Gah an hour with the boys! Exhausting.
    Last edited by Brittany_Dawn; 04-28-2014 at 06:19 PM.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Although that wait was a bit ridiculous for sure !!

Which med are you taking?

woohoo for the upcoming anatomy scan, I can't believe it's getting so close for you!! Looking forward to seeing pics !
    I can't complain TOO much since my OB practice only has TWO docs. I love not having to rotate between a practice of 5+ docs, so sometimes I have to pay with an extra long wait. Though it does feel a bit silly now considering I'm a "planned C/S" and since that's scheduled I theoretically could have always picked which doc I wanted to deliver.

I'm taking some generic Zantac.

And, yeah, it's starting to feel like things are speeding up ... but then I think OCTOBER and it seems so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    Oh man, I really feel you on the extra gassiness. The pains were really bad and sharp on Saturday night... A little bothersome on Sunday.

Yay for baby heartbeat! Gah an hour with the boys! Exhausting.
    Yeah, the gas pains get to the point that they only relief is someone pounding on my back in an attempt to "burp" me. It's crazy. It hurts right in the middle of my back at my bra line. After lunch today I felt a twinge of it but it went away, and without any Gas X!

The boys did REALLY super great until about the last 15 minutes ... which is to be expected. Even I was over it by that time.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Hope you get relief from gas and acid soon. I'm gassy a lot too. But it stays in my gut area and hurts. Until its released. That would hurt to travel up the back. Hope you feel much better soon.

Yay on getting to hear you LO. Even if it was a lot of work to wait. Gone are the days we can brouse a magazine or play with our phones while waiting for doc.

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Hope you get relief from gas and acid soon. I'm gassy a lot too. But it stays in my gut area and hurts. Until its released. That would hurt to travel up the back. Hope you feel much better soon.

Yay on getting to hear you LO. Even if it was a lot of work to wait. Gone are the days we can brouse a magazine or play with our phones while waiting for doc.
    Ya, now my kids get the joy of Disney junior on my phone while I sit and twiddle my thumbs
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

Zantac didn't work for me in last pg. Tums worked better and in this one I got some globules from my homeopath which work well. Yay to good h/b!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

6. Default

At my last appointment I asked if they would be doing any early testing for Gestational Diabetes since I had it with DS2 and he said no, but that I could start monitoring my blood sugar. Ugh. I didn't really WANT to start monitoring it. So I've been monitoring it for about a week.

I'm really quite angry to have to start monitoring SO early in my pregnancy. I have had a couple of high levels and so I don't know if that means that I for sure have GD again or not. Basically I feel like I was told to act like I have it again, period.

And, what's worse is that he said I couldn't just skip the tests even though I'm already monitoring and behaving as though I do have it. Really pissed off about that. I will be fighting them over taking the 3 hour test when the time comes. I think it's complete BS for me to have to sit through that just to obviously fail it. I said as much to him at my appointment and he said "you never know" and I said, "well, so far I have never passed a 1 hour test."

That said, I am coming to terms with it and working on make sure all of my numbers are good. The most difficult part is getting a bedtime snack in. If I have to put the kiddos to bed then I basically go to bed with them and I miss my snack opportunity which can translate into higher fasting numbers in the morning. Grrr.

I'm trying to get over it, but having to watch your diet and eat this carefully for 24 weeks versus 10-12 weeks (when you're typically diagnosed) seriously blows!!

I know, I know! Happy, healthy baby! I will certainly do what I have to do to bring a happy, healthy Gideon into the world!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I tried to do the 3 hour glucose thingie...it didn't end well. I had my 1 and 3 hour testing when I was 13 weeks....I have to act like I am GD as well. I am monitoring my BS 4 times a day....like you mine seem to be doing okay...but my fasting blood sugars are kinda high.... the rest of the blood sugars ...like just over an hour after I eat are usually pretty good.
    I am hoping to have some better answers as to what to do after my next appointment on Tuesday.....but who knows.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Ugh, that *is* frustrating ! I totally get that...it sure seems kind of extreme !! I wouldn't think a couple high numbers would be an issue, from my understanding everyone spikes on occasion...just most of us don't test regularly . Are they having you see a dietitian?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Ug that is frustrating. The things we do for our babies.

Brenda

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    but my fasting blood sugars are kinda high.... the rest of the blood sugars ...like just over an hour after I eat are usually pretty good.
    I am hoping to have some better answers as to what to do after my next appointment on Tuesday.....but who knows.
    Lizzy, from what I've read and understand the key to better fasting levels is a bedtime snack. If you're going 12 hours between meals your b.s. can be high. The ideal, is no more than 9-10 hours between meals, which requires a bedtime snack. Something like a couple of crackers and peanut butter should work.

What did they say they wanted your fasting numbers to be? I believe with DS2 they said they wanted mine to be 90 or under, but on the American Diabetes Association website they say 95 or under. I do 2 hour post meal checks and I'm not certain if you're supposed to count from the time you start eating or the time you stop eating.

Kelly, I didn't see a dietician last time because I was easily able to control my numbers and simply didn't have the time for the appointment, but I might ask about seeing one this time just because I have a couple of specific questions.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Ug that is frustrating. The things we do for our babies.
    SO true!!! Pre and post birth!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I try and snack before I head to bed... most of the time I do... I have been told to try and have mine under 90... but today it was 105.... I have my next appointment on Tuesday so I hope to have more answers then. I have a weird schedule... I don't want to eat most of the time....I don't really have an appetite. It takes me a long time to get up enough courage to eat in the morning....
    I will see if I can have a snack and try and check my blood sugars earlier to see if it goes down....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

I tried to do the 3 hour glucose thingie...it didn't end well. I had my 1 and 3 hour testing when I was 13 weeks....I have to act like I am GD as well. I am monitoring my BS 4 times a day....like you mine seem to be doing okay...but my fasting blood sugars are kinda high.... the rest of the blood sugars ...like just over an hour after I eat are usually pretty good.
    That was always my problem with GD with DS. My blood sugars after I ate were usually good. It was the fasting one in the morning that kept being a problem. I did a little online research, and found that cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar. You're not supposed to take the cinnamon supplement while pregnant, but I would eat an apple sprinkled with cinnamon before bed and it seemed to help keep my fasting blood sugar in check in the morning.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

14. Default

I had 3 oreos and a glass of milk as my snack last night and my blood sugar was 88 this morning ... go figure! ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

15. Default

Thanks for the cinnamon tip, Jen! I will have to try that out.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    I had 3 oreos and a glass of milk as my snack last night and my blood sugar was 88 this morning ... go figure! ;)
    LOL...our bodies are so weird !

17. Default

I have a weird schedule... I don't want to eat most of the time....I don't really have an appetite. It takes me a long time to get up enough courage to eat in the morning....
    I will see if I can have a snack and try and check my blood sugars earlier to see if it goes down....
    Yeah, you have been having a lot of nausea and vomiting, haven't you? It is tough to stick to a diabetic diet when your digestive system isn't happy with you.

I basically eat every 2 hours throughout the day. Breakfast and snack carb load: 15-30, Lunch & Dinner: 30 - 60

My understanding is that it is very important to eat every 2 hours so that your blood sugar remains at a steady level. I know, just for myself, that if I go too long between eating (pregnancy or not) I get super hungry and make bad food decisions ... but if I'm eating every 2 hours it's a lot easier to pick up that "better" thing for me than whatever bad thing I'm craving when I let myself get too hungry.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yeah....the nausea has not gone away....I am better able to handle the vomiting now....now it is maybe twice a day on a bad day and none on a good day. I had a few spoonfuls of peanut butter before I went to bed last night, my blood sugar after 8-9 hours of not eating...102...."go figure".
    I have noticed that if I try and eat every twoish hours I don't feel as bad.... but at work sometimes that is nearly impossible....and eating first thing in the morning is something that I hate....still takes a lot for me to take that first bite.
    My appointment is on Tuesday....I will be 16 weeks....and that is when the doc is gonna expect me to start to gain wait...which has been impossible so far.
    I guess I will continue to do as I have been doing and try and go from there.

19. Default

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I think you may need to add some carbs to your peanut butter when you do that last snack.

In the morning all I eat for breakfast is an English muffin with cream cheese. It has always yielded good numbers so I just stick with it. Luckily breakfast can be kind of a light meal, so even if you did some peanut butter crackers you'd probably be set. Though I understand not wanting to eat first thing in the morning. ;)

I had gained 2lbs and now I'm back down to 1lb gained. If you're starting out like us, already overweight, there's a high chance that you'll loose a lot before you gain ... especially with the diabetic diet. I can't imagine your OB getting on your case about NOT gaining ... I think it would only be an issue if the baby isn't gaining appropriately. Let us know how it goes at your appointment!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I had gained 2lbs and now I'm back down to 1lb gained. If you're starting out like us, already overweight, there's a high chance that you'll loose a lot before you gain ... especially with the diabetic diet. I can't imagine your OB getting on your case about NOT gaining ... I think it would only be an issue if the baby isn't gaining appropriately. Let us know how it goes at your appointment!
    This is the wonder of hcg, it mobilizes our fat stores and makes that energy available to us and the baby. It's why starting out overweight, you don't have to gain as much or worry about not gainining as much if that's what you're dealing with. Also why they tried (and failed) to market a diet after it---doesn't really work if you're not pg lol.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

21. Default

I didn't mobilize squat the last two times. But, I wasn't really interested in eating well, so that was a factor, too.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

22. Default

I felt the first, real certifiable baby kick last night!!

I've been feeling movements, but that was the first "woah, hey baby!" movement. So fun!

I am a bit nauseated today, so that's no fun but I don't think it's necessarily pregnancy related. Who knows!

Happy 17 weeks to me!! Two more weeks until my anatomy u/s!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay!!! How exciting!

Wooohoooooo so excited for you to have felt a definite baby kick, precious !

Happy 17wks!!!!

Yay! How precious!

Awesome, so awesome!!

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

27. Default

Thanks ladies!! It's definitely nice to get to the feeling kicks stage.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay, happy 17 weeks and feeling the kicks

What kind of exercise are you doing? I had a low lying placenta added to the gd so I wasn't allowed to do much but had the feeling that my fasting levels were much better if I've done some light exercise like walking and stretching for 30 to 60 min or a half hour strength training for pregnant women as long as I could find the energy.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

29. Default

I am not doing any exercise. I need a right hip replacement and so the only exercise I can do is water based and I don't trust the chemicals in the pool at my gym.

I suppose I could do some yoga, but I'm just not terribly interested. I've never really enjoyed yoga.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I am not doing any exercise. I need a right hip replacement and so the only exercise I can do is water based and I don't trust the chemicals in the pool at my gym.

I suppose I could do some yoga, but I'm just not terribly interested. I've never really enjoyed yoga.

HAHA me either! Honestly I just couldn't get into it at all. And it never relaxed me. My mind is too much on the go for yoga. I would enjoy a peaceful walk and breath in the air and enjoy nature verses yoga. There was ONE style of yoga I tried one time and it was ok. It was primarily stretching. and not so much meditation.So you moved through stretched a lot and matched the breathing to stretched. I wasn't in one spot the whole time. So that I can handle but a lot of the stretches are harder when pregnant and some your not supposed to do when pregnant or on AF....

Brenda