Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorcas / khadijavye Updates :)

That's a great number !! Maybe it dropped a little because the placenta is starting to take over and your corpus luteum isn't kicking out as much since it's not necessary...of course your supps will pick up any slack .

...getting past those milestones is a huge deal!

grow baby grow!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

So they decided to increase my dosage from 300mg to 400mg and I went to pick up my Rx and it was $214.35!! It was only $119.16 last month ... I knew it would increase but not by $100!!

So the pharmacist suggested that I check with my insurance so I called CIGNA (not at all thrilled to have to do that since usually those calls are painful). The lady I talked to was SUPER helpful and ran the numbers a couple of different ways. The new script was for 200mg pills, twice a day. Evidently the 100mg pills are cheaper since filling the script as 100mg, four times a day ended up being like $70 cheaper! So I'm still having to pay $145, but at least it's not $214.35!!!

So glad that I don't even have a full month left this part of the pregnancy process!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Goodness that is quite a leap, glad you actually got some help! And glad that part is almost behind you!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I HATE Cigna.... I live in Iowa, and they attempted to make me pay like 100 bucks for an office visit that should be 20 because the "clinic was located in Kansas or Missouri"....which was BS because the office that I went to had NO offices outside of Iowa....it took 2-3 months just to get that situation sorted out......I feel for ya!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Eek! Sorry you have to pay that much. But I'm glad she at least helped lower the bill!

Thanks ladies!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

That's awesome news. Numbers look great. So sorry for the pukes...your not alone in that..uggg...but yay for pregnancy symptoms.

You're on the same dose I am . I checked my prescription coverage to see how much we would be paying without ins. and yup the 200mg caps would be $256 out-of-pocket for us...I had no idea it was that expensive, eesh !

I'm glad you got a better deal with the 100s but even happier for you that it won't be much longer that you have to take them at all .

Thank goodness that rep was able to play around with the script and get it cheaper!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I feel a little bit bad, like I'm not being as positive as I should be, but I'm not picking up that next script until tomorrow when I'm completely out. That's just a lot of money.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas, glad to hear things are going so well!
    3/2013

Thanks Stacie!

I had my 11 week appointment today and we got to hear the HB on the doppler, 167bpm. Definitely feel MUCH relieved!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I'm also happy to report that so far I have been able to keep my goal of not gaining any weight in the 1st trimester! I'm already overweight, so I don't really "need" to gain much, so I'm glad I've gone through 11 weeks now without too much difficulty!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Oh, and I opted for the Harmony test so hopefully we'll have the gender in about 2 weeks. The test checks for the trisomies, but I'm mostly in it for the early gender. ;) Since I'm 35 and qualify as "Advanced Maternal Age" I shouldn't have any issues with insurance covering the test. Woot!

They also went over finances and what I'll owe and a payment plan today. I'm about 1k from meeting my deductible and so I have 4 payments of $250, but with some outstanding things and labs, I doubt I'll end up having to pay them 1k out of pocket. I wish I had had more in my HSA, but we can handle it. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I woke up with a cold.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Awww sooo glad you were able to hear the hb with doppler at your appt...best sound ever during pg !!!

Great job on maintaining your weight !!!!! I'm sorry you're not feeling well though that's a bummer...hoping it clears up soon for you !

I'm glad things are going to be manageable for you financially . My personal deductible was blasted by the mva I had in January which is nice in terms of everything being covered from here on out, but no fun getting a huge bill right after Christmas, but before tax returns (and our MI heating bills were outrageous through those super cold winter months). Thankfully it all works out in the end .

I'm so excited for you to find out the gender soon !!

That's awesome you got to hear the heartbeat...its so comforting. And yay for early gender screening...woot... Yes I'm stressing about finances too. I only owe 500 total for this birth. But we are combining the boys into one room so I have to get a set of bunk beds and dressers. Plus my dh is just starting business for himself so money is tight right now... Well make do. We always do right.

Hope you feel better soon ....

My progesterone level was 43.5 this week. I guess that extra 100mg is doing it's job. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yeah, money certainly feels like the root of all evil sometimes. But, you're both right ... everything turns out well in the end. Even when I think things are at their worst, they always work out.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yaaay for another week of great progesterone levels !!!

Thanks Kelly! You're the best cheer leader ever!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

199 days!

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    199 days!

Crazy!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    199 days!

less than 200 days to go, woooot!

Pretty exciting!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Fantastic day!! Progesterone levels were great, 46.5, and my oldest got accepted to the charter school we want him to go to!!!

Super excited about Kindergarten now!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas...yay that is exciting....Isaiah starts kinder next year too. Sniff sniff

Yeah, I feel like I'm ready for it, and excited, but at the same time it is bittersweet ... this whole growing up thing. It's like these things together
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

That is fantastic news...huge congrats, I'm sure it's a big load off to have that settled !

Your progesterone levels are really hanging in there !! How many more weeks will of testing do you have?

I think next week is my last week of testing and I stop the progesterone on 4/22. SOOOO excited!!

And, yes, HUGE load off my mind to have my baby settled in a significantly better school than his district assignment. He's really bright and we're really involved so I knew he was going to do fine academically. As snobbish as it sounds, though, I was concerned about the socio-economic group he'd be with and what kind of influence they'd have. I think we all have that worry, but it has at least significantly lessened for me now.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13