Thread: Hospital Bag :)

Default Hospital Bag :)

What are you taking?

I have a "rough draft", but want to talk with my OB about what the hospital provides before I actually start packing since I don't want to bring a bunch of unnecessary stuff .

I thought this was a good list: http://www.babycenter.com/packing-fo...r-birth-center

In addition to that I'm bringing a few things for the ride there:
    Old, clean towels and blankets
    Garbage bags (to protect the seat...my water tends to break early on in labor or prior to)
    Bowl (in case I need to throw up, not a a pleasant thought, but it has happened)

I'm bringing my moby too.

What does your list look like?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I think I'm going to bring my Boppy pillow. And nursing tanks and yoga pants. I like the idea of bringing a notebook.

Does anyone bring pacis? Also, I didn't see car seat on the list. Maybe I just missed it.

Our hospital currently has a no visitors policy in the L&D wing due to the enterovirus. So DD won't be able to see her new sis until she comes home. There may be a similar restriction for adult visitors too. Hopefully all goes smoothly and we won't have to worry about staying long in the hospital.

I just have some clothes in mine, maybe two changes, for me and two for DH, some travel sized shampoo/conditioner for both of us. For Ryleigh I have a couple changes of clothes, a hat and some mittens... I don't plan on taking a lot....but I have no idea....lol... this is my first....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Man, I hadn't even thought about a no visitors policy due to enterovirus. I hope that's not the case at my hospital ... it would really suck especially since I'm going to be in for longer b/c of the c/s.

I think you missed page 2. The car seat is at the top.

I didn't see a computer on the list. I will have my smartphone, but sometimes I prefer getting on a real computer. Also, depending on how I'm feeling, I'll want to download pictures and post online.

The other thing that I'm bringing that wasn't mentioned is some carmex. My lips get crazy chapped in the hospital.

Thanks for the reminder about the moby, totally invaluable with DS1!!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Ah yes, I only looked at page one. Lol.

Shower shoes?

Currently I have 3 outfits for myself, 4 for babies, snacks, chapstick, trial size toiletries, flip flops, boopy, nipple cream, socks, camera laptop and all chargers, car seats are ready to go!

I still need to ask about pads, witch hazel and if belly band can be use and if they provide nipple shields just in case

Thanks ladies, all of these suggestions have helped me make a list for myself! I should probably do this soon....i guess, i don't know!

Thanks for the ideas. You'd think this being my 5th baby that I'd have this down pat. It's amazing how much you forget in 3 1/2 short years, since my last.

I just made my list! I'm going to go shopping for a few things tonight and pack it up.

Ok, this is a big list because I like creature comforts at the hospital. One thing that we did with DD was bring the nurses doughnuts one morning, so I'd like to figure something nice out for them this time as well. I just feel OB nurses are amazing.

Also, I'm not really a nightgown person so I bring yoga pants and nursing tanks and big cardis to wear instead. I might add another pack of grannie panties to this list too.

Hospital Bag:

Travel toiletries, chapstick
    Flip flops
    Yoga pants
    Nursing tanks
    Cardigans
    Headbands
    Coming home outfit for Ember
    Boppy
    Pacis
    Pillow
    Small notebook
    Cell phones chargers
    Lanolin
    Snacks
    Car seat
    Baby blanket
    Baby nail clippers
    Baby book
    Nurses gift
    Baby hat and mittens
    Socks/slippers
    Pads/witch hazel pads

For Car: old blankets/garbage bags/puke bucket

For DH:
    Pillow and blanket
    PJs/change of clothing

Alright alright, I finally made my list too! And i bought some more things over this weekend that I had been putting off. I got a lightweight robe to use to cover up after nursing, something i can wear without getting too hot, its almost like tshirt material. Granny Panties yay! A couple of nipple shields which I know I will need for my left weirdo nipple. lol Nursing Camis and bras. I think I have almost everything I need now.

Hospital Bag Checklist!

Purse, Picture ID, Insurance card
    Makeup Bag Makeup, Lotion, Chap Sticks, Tissues, Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Flat Iron, Pony Tail Holders, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant
    Clothes- Bathrobe, yoga pants, slippers, socks, nursing bras, nursing tanks, giant underwear, flat shoes to go home in
    My Pillow
    Music and something to play it on
    Real CAMERA & batteries
    Phone & Phone Charger
    Cash for vending machines
    Gatorade, Snacks
    Sleep mask
    A notepad and pen. Track feeding sessions, write down questions you have for the nurse, note what the pediatrician tells you, jot down memories of your baby's first day, and so on.
    Baby outfits Gowns, Hats, Mittens, Going home outfits
    Boppy (maybe both of them?)
    Nipple Shield, Lanoline, Soothies
    Carseats
    Blankets and receiving blankets for babies

That's all I've got so far...

These are great lists ladies...it's helping me solidify mine !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

For those of you who have mentioned a note pad and pen ... what about an app that tracks all of that info for you? With DS2 I used Total Baby and LOVED it. I see leveraging my smartphone as well less cumbersome than paper and pen. Just a thought. Some of you may be more traditional. ;)
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    For those of you who have mentioned a note pad and pen ... what about an app that tracks all of that info for you? With DS2 I used Total Baby and LOVED it. I see leveraging my smartphone as well less cumbersome than paper and pen. Just a thought. Some of you may be more traditional. ;)
    Cool, thanks Dorcas. I will check that out. I'm a total app person.

Thanks for the app. I have to pack a small in case bag too even with a home birth.. But I'd rather use an app...