Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NET Thread

Me, DH, and DS1 are just miserable this morning with allergies. It was very windy a few days ago and now that all the different pollens have settled it's making for runny noses, itchy puffy eyes, DS itchy throat, on and on. DH and DS1 also have asthma to add. I forgot to give Tristan his advair pill last night, oops!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I had a little "goodbye see you soon" party as I packed away my current clothing. And got out my "in-between " clothing and my maternity stuff. I decided that I didn't want to stretch out my current cloths anymore. I have some nice pieces that I would like to hang onto for a while. I took an inventory because this is the first time I will be pregnant during the summer. So I need summer stuff. I also took a look at my nursing collection and need some new things for that too. I'm a little sad to pack away my nice summer things. Oh they will be missed. Pitty party over for me.

3. Default

Brenda! Pitty party because you're going into maternity?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    Me, DH, and DS1 are just miserable this morning with allergies. It was very windy a few days ago and now that all the different pollens have settled it's making for runny noses, itchy puffy eyes, DS itchy throat, on and on. DH and DS1 also have asthma to add. I forgot to give Tristan his advair pill last night, oops!
    I've totally done that before too...forgotten my 2yr olds meds (he's on prevacid and Zyrtec) and then wondered why he was up all night crying ...ya, mommy guilt for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    I had a little "goodbye see you soon" party as I packed away my current clothing. And got out my "in-between " clothing and my maternity stuff. I decided that I didn't want to stretch out my current cloths anymore. I have some nice pieces that I would like to hang onto for a while. I took an inventory because this is the first time I will be pregnant during the summer. So I need summer stuff. I also took a look at my nursing collection and need some new things for that too. I'm a little sad to pack away my nice summer things. Oh they will be missed. Pitty party over for me.
    Haha, I'd probably feel the same way if I had some nice summer clothes, but I don't so I'm kind of excited to be able to do some shopping . I haven't been big enough for maternity clothes during the summer since my 3rd baby was born (she's almost 15) so I have nothing for summer either. Actually all I have is 2prs of maternity jeans and a maternity skirt that I hang on to from pg to pg, but never actually wear .

Not being able to exercise is causing some earlier-than-usual poochiness...I can't say I mind at this point, just so thrilled baby is growing . If I have to announce earlier than I wanted because I'm showing, well, it could be worse !

I am so crazily excited that tomorrow is May...I'm not even sure why, lol, just so glad April is almost behind me ...I don't know, just feeling good about May !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Dorcas..Nah more pitty party because my in between clothing and maternity is not nearly as nice and fashionable as my regular clothing. And I refuse to buy a lot of expensive maternity since this is more likely my last.

Im trying to wear my normal clothes as long as possible, i hAve the most boring maternity things and they are so huge since i really packed on the butt with dd ( went from a sz 4 to a 14 im a size 6 now and with hair bands thru the button holes and yoga pants, long shirts and roling down the waist to go under the bump i think ill mKe it a Little longer b4 i need to go shopping

Anyone see those hd live 3d ultrasounds? They are very detailed im contemplating getting one

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Oh my word, yes the 3d u/s are amazing! My cousin just showed me her grandbaby's 3d u/s pic (8wks) and wow, it was incredible!!

That would be awesome Ali !

Dh wants a 3d with this one. We got one with our first but not with our second. It cost about 200 here out of pocket but you get the CD too.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Oh my word, yes the 3d u/s are amazing! My cousin just showed me her grandbaby's 3d u/s pic (8wks) and wow, it was incredible!!

That would be awesome Ali !
    I wish i could post one of the ad photos i guess if anyone is curious go to google and search hd live ultrasound, the photos are amazing...cant get over it definitely signing up haha

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Literally going to google that now Ali!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

Ohhhhh man! Just saw HD live of 9week fetus.....that looks so amazing! I wish I could go get that done literally tomorrow.

12. Default

They are SOOOO awesome!! I did them for both boys. Ideal timing is between 32-36 weeks, I believe. I am definitely doing it for this LO, too!!

Right off the bat, first image of Elliot he was holding his penis!! Which is SO Elliot! And Simon was sucking his thumb, and sure enough, he's a thumb sucker ... Refused all paci's.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I did 3d/4d with both boys.... Free because I happened to know a person with both pregnancies. Poor Brooke, lol. Just didn't work out for her.

14. Default

I did 3d/4d with both boys.... Free because I happened to know a person with both pregnancies. Poor Brooke, lol. Just didn't work out for her.
    Awww, poor Brooke! That's too funny!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Awww, poor Brooke! That's too funny!
    I know Dorcas, the guilt! It's one of those things when she will be like 15 and say, mom.... Why do the boys have the special u/s and I don't?!?!

Imagine if she is my only girl..... Gah!

16. Default

Imagine if she is my only girl..... Gah!
    That is EXACTLY what I was thinking! LOL. Oh well, we strive to be equal but sometimes we fall short. When she's 15 you can say that you opted out for her because you knew she'd want to spend that $200 on a nice prom dress (even though you didn't pay for the boys).

If it makes you feel any better, I cannot locate EITHER boy's DVD. They were very sad about it.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    They are SOOOO awesome!! I did them for both boys. Ideal timing is between 32-36 weeks, I believe. I am definitely doing it for this LO, too!!

Right off the bat, first image of Elliot he was holding his penis!! Which is SO Elliot! And Simon was sucking his thumb, and sure enough, he's a thumb sucker ... Refused all paci's.
    Haha good photo to embarass him by showing his wife someday hehe

18. Default

Oh I'm sure she'll already be quite aware of his obsession with his penis! He's a Scorpio, so they're known to be partial to them. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

So, I'm getting excited about "announcing" on Mother's Day...I'm nervous because it's quite a bit earlier than I announced my last two babies, but I feel like the timing is right .

Out of curiosity...anyone else hesitant to tell other people what baby names you have picked out? I know most of you will find out gender before delivery, but is anyone keeping baby's name a secret? I seriously loathe telling people in real life the names we have picked out (it just invites even more stupid comments...like really really stupid ) and my mom will call the baby by name (she thinks I'm having a girl so she'll literally call and ask how "Evangeline" is doing)...I wish we could keep it to ourselves, but my kids know we will be naming a girl Evangeline so they'll tell people which is fine. I think if people ask me though I'm just going to say we're not 100% sure yet which is true in the sense that we really won't know for sure if we'll change our minds or not until we sign the birth certificate .

20. Default

I'm to the point where I feel like I wish I could hide the whole thing until the baby arrives. Most people have been great, but the few I have encountered have been just ABOVE the TOP crazy with their negativity. Sheesh, what is wrong with people? Two name incidences and 1 3kids/all boys incident.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Other than the loss factor that's the biggest reason I usually wait as long as possible to tell people and practically go recluse during pg, lol, I just don't cope as well with people when I'm pg. It seems ridiculous, but I'm glad I don't actually know anyone very well down here and over the course of this pg we will only be visiting friends/family 3x at the most (dd's open house in June, 4th of July, and the first weekend in Oct we host a "chili cook-off with dh's family).

Last edited by kellyowens; 05-02-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Ugh, I feel like such a jerk right now. I took a leap of faith that our daycare/preschool could accommodate my crazy teaching schedule this summer and they are going to charge us up and down for DD to go full time because they "can't reserve a spot" for her when some weeks she will go 5 days and some 3, etc. I get where they are coming from but it makes me upset I even tried to work so much this summer in the first place. I was trying to bring in some more money for our family and keep my resume current while I can before DD2 is born and now it looks like it will cost more for childcare than teaching will pay. Ugh. I should have just stayed home all summer with DD and focused on my business instead. I know you ladies have probably faced similar situations and they just make you feel like crap, don't they? Ugh.

23. Default

Elle: Yeah, the whole cost effectiveness of working outside the home is a really difficult equation.

Kelly: I usually alienate one friend during pregnancy. My tolerance level is just SO low, I usually can't stomach one of my friends. LOL. I laugh, but it's kinda said when written out. I'm glad you have limited opportunities to deal with people during this pregnancy.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Elle, just a quick thought. Even though I totally understand needing the money and extended resume, can you still opt out of summer school? There were always teachers on waiting lists in my district, even more aides!

Elle...ugh, ugh, ugh that is such a bummer and I can imagine very frustrating! Is there anyway you can backtrack now? Can anyone fill for you with teaching? I hope something works out for you or that in the end your current situation will pay off somehow !! On the positive side of things, if you're really happy with this daycare/preschool there's no price tag on good care for your kiddo, especially if it's in a good learning environment...praying for lots of good fruit despite it not being financially ideal .

Dorcas...lol, it doesn't sound sad at all, I totally get it! I'm in a similar situation, lol, actually fb chatted with Natalie about it last week because I was at my wit's end . I'd post details, but I want to be careful on a public forum...you just never know who's lurking especially since I use my real name .

It's strange, the longer I wait to announce the less I want to... That's how it is with all my pregnancies. I didn't announce Tristan until 18weeks! I just said, yep I'm pregnant and....it's a boy!

There is so much excitement in the beginning that it is easier to " slip" once we get past that hump, it gets easier to just not say anything, lol.

Just want to celebrate real quick!

10w tomorrow going by my O date and not a tiny drop of bleeding! By now I normally would have some sort of indication so I am getting so much more comfortable and excited!

It's strange, the longer I wait to announce the less I want to... That's how it is with all my pregnancies. I didn't announce Tristan until 18weeks! I just said, yep I'm pregnant and....it's a boy!

There is so much excitement in the beginning that it is easier to " slip" once we get past that hump, it gets easier to just not say anything, lol.
    LOL, that's how I am too . With my last baby I announced at 18wks only because it was 80 degrees and I wanted to wear a t-shirt, but it would be obvious, so I just told my kiddos because I wanted to be comfortable . Then I let them tell everyone .

Just want to celebrate real quick!

10w tomorrow going by my O date and not a tiny drop of bleeding! By now I normally would have some sort of indication so I am getting so much more comfortable and excited!
    Woohooooo !!!! That is a huge milestone, so happy for you and praying for an uneventful 6-7ish more months !!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    So, I'm getting excited about "announcing" on Mother's Day...I'm nervous because it's quite a bit earlier than I announced my last two babies, but I feel like the timing is right .

Out of curiosity...anyone else hesitant to tell other people what baby names you have picked out? I know most of you will find out gender before delivery, but is anyone keeping baby's name a secret? I seriously loathe telling people in real life the names we have picked out (it just invites even more stupid comments...like really really stupid ) and my mom will call the baby by name (she thinks I'm having a girl so she'll literally call and ask how "Evangeline" is doing)...I wish we could keep it to ourselves, but my kids know we will be naming a girl Evangeline so they'll tell people which is fine. I think if people ask me though I'm just going to say we're not 100% sure yet which is true in the sense that we really won't know for sure if we'll change our minds or not until we sign the birth certificate .
    We always keep names a secret until birth. I don't want people comments or trying to change my mind on names. For this one it's easy because we are waiting on gender too. Part of me is happy because my sister is pregnant with her first and she will find out gender ahead of time. So I want her to be able to announce gender and names before me anyway!!

Brenda

I announced really early on, mostly because my DH was so excited...and my family knew that we had been trying.... and nearly everyone else. I have told a few people here or there what we have picked for a boy or girl... and honestly....there nothing anyone can do to change the names we have picked out....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids