Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NET Thread

Hey guys. Met with hospital midwife. Got to hear baby on Doppler this am. Heartbeat 150 BPM. Sounded beautiful. Everything else checked out normal. We made due date Nov 3rd. Its according to my calculation of when I ovulated. Plus she said my uterus felt more like 14-15 weeks. If we went with last menstrual period I would only be 13 weeks and I was measuring bigger then that. I'll post an update thread at the end of the week. Once I've settled with my home birth midwife and a birth plan we can all agree on is laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Hey guys. Met with hospital midwife. Got to hear baby on Doppler this am. Heartbeat 150 BPM. Sounded beautiful. Everything else checked out normal. We made due date Nov 3rd. Its according to my calculation of when I ovulated. Plus she said my uterus felt more like 14-15 weeks. If we went with last menstrual period I would only be 13 weeks and I was measuring bigger then that. I'll post an update thread at the end of the week. Once I've settled with my home birth midwife and a birth plan we can all agree on is laid out.
    For a great appointment and getting to hear your baby's HB!!

I think I'm starting to feel flutters...anyone else??

Quote Originally Posted by elle77 View Post
    :I think I'm starting to feel flutters...anyone else??
    I thought I felt something on Friday....but nothing else since....not for lack of waiting...lol....I guess only time will tell.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Brenda, for a great appt! Awwww, so excited you got to hear the hb...best pg sound ever !! Praying things get settled quickly with your home birth midwife now that you've seen the OB . Remind me again, how many visits with the cnm/OB are required?

Elle, yaaay for flutters !

I've been feeling flutters since this weekend. I was feeling them every day until yesterday so I think baby moved into a position where I can't feel them as much (I'm getting the hb lower down than I was last week so that makes sense) .

This week has gone by so fast! May always goes by quickly for me .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Brenda, for a great appt! Awwww, so excited you got to hear the hb...best pg sound ever !! Praying things get settled quickly with your home birth midwife now that you've seen the OB . Remind me again, how many visits with the cnm/OB are required?

E.
    For my homebirth midwife she meets with me just like a normal ob office. Once a month for a while, then twice a month, then once a week closer to the end. Then birth. Then post partum (24 hours, 48 hours, 1 week, 2 week, 6 week).

For the "shadow" or "parallel" care ob office they need to see me once a trimester. Plus the ultrasound, bloodwork, and GBS screening. So about 6 times. The OB office I am using has midwives on staff. And the midwives can oversee the "shadow care" The CNM that i am working with at the OB office has had all of her babies at home with midwifes. So she is pretty friendly to homebirthing moms. She wishes the midwives could practice independently. In our state A bill that has been introduced last year made it through the health and human services joint committee study and they suggested that this state move toward allowing CNM's to practice independently. And be able to just consult with OB's as needed without the OB getting prosecuted if anything goes wrong with homebirth. Looks like that bill is coming up for vote in short session end of this month. If it passes it may become law before my baby is born and I can drop the "shadow care" if needed!!!

Brenda

That would be fantastic for you to not have the shadow care! Praying the bill passes !

7. Default

Isn't it amazing how something that used to happen ALL the time has gotten legislated into something illegal?

I just hate how many of our freedoms are taken from us.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Isn't it amazing how something that used to happen ALL the time has gotten legislated into something illegal?

I just hate how many of our freedoms are taken from us.
    Yes. Its so frustrating.

Just took a virtual tour of my hospital's birthing center, eep, super excited: https://www.flickr.com/photos/umheal...809662726/show

An excerpt from their main page:
    The new University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital and Von Voigtlander Women's Hospital is now open. Obstetric and Gynecology clinics share a floor with the Women's Birth Center. The 50 private room maternity care beds in the Birth Center all have natural light. Within the Women's Hospital Birth Center, the labor, delivery and recovery rooms have 300 to 360 square feet to allow for access to state-of-the-art care, as well as space for families to celebrate the birth of their new babies.
    And their "Pregnancy and Childbirth" page:http://www.uofmhealth.org/medical-se...ncy-childbirth

Although I hope we won't have to use it, their level IV NICU is only one floor below the birth center floor so if baby does need extra care we'll be able to be close .

On the one hand it's a bummer being "high risk", on the other, I'm so thankful for the drs and hospital involved in my care...feeling really good about my choice .

Just took a virtual tour of my hospital's birthing center, eep, super excited: https://www.flickr.com/photos/umheal...809662726/show

And their "Pregnancy and Childbirth" page:http://www.uofmhealth.org/medical-se...ncy-childbirth

Although I hope we won't have to use it, their level IV NICU is only one floor below the birth center floor so if baby does need extra care we'll be able to be close .

On the one hand it's a bummer being "high risk", on the other, I'm so thankful for the drs and hospital involved in my care...feeling really good about my choice .
    Looks and sounds amazing!

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

11. Default

I didn't look. I didn't want to get jealous. ;) But I am SUPER happy that you are SUPER happy!!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Haha, thanks Dorcas !

OT...anyone ever do the "no poo" thing as in no shampoo on their hair? I could feel the build up on my hair and read that a vinegar rinse will clarify the build-up without all the extra chemicals in the "clarifying shampoos". I did shampoo my hair like usual this morning, but instead of conditioner I used 2 parts water/1 part cider vinegar, lavender oil, and grapefruit seed extract...oh my word, my hair is sooo soft, shiny, and bouncy (I let it air-dry)! I have short, fine, slightly wavy hair and don't wash it often because it's prone to drying out. I use pure cornstarch baby powder between shampoos if my hair gets oily. I only use hairspray/gel on special occasions.

Anyway, I'm leery about not using shampoo at all...it wouldn't be a huge leap since I don't shampoo often anyway, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried it. What recipe/formula did you use instead? I read a simple one where you make a paste out of baking soda and water and condition lightly with coconut oil .

Thoughts?

Looks REALLY NICE kelly!!! I love the large birth tub! Will you try for waterbirth?

Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Looks REALLY NICE kelly!!! I love the large birth tub! Will you try for waterbirth?
    I think water-births are a wonderful option for women who desire them, but they don't appeal to me personally. If I was laboring in the tub though and baby was coming, lol, I certainly wouldn't try to get out (I have no pushing stage at all unless baby is posterior or has a cord wrap) !

I think water-births are a wonderful option for women who desire them, but they don't appeal to me personally. If I was laboring in the tub though and baby was coming, lol, I certainly wouldn't try to get out (I have no pushing stage at all unless baby is posterior or has a cord wrap) !
    Got it. I understand. I enjoyed laboring in the tub. But I couldn't get in the right position to push. I hated floating around and just couldn't get a grip on anything to stabilize myself. I will probably labor in the tub again if this birth is long.

Brenda

Happy 15wks Brenda!!!!

Thanks Kelly. Its exciting and wowza I'm almost half way through crazy feeling. I am redoing the boys room. And dh is transitioning to owning a small business at the same time. So its crazy busy here. I announced on Facebook today...

How did your big announcement on Fb go?

Wow, lots of upcoming changes for you and your family, how exciting ! I love remodeling...we're redoing my DD's room for her 15th bday in July and I can't wait!!

for being "out" on FB!

My announcement went great...everyone was encouraging and supportive . I think after 9 kiddos it wasn't a huge shock for most, lol, but my friends/family who know we've struggled are over-the-moon for us and it feels good to have their T&Ps .

Wow, lots of upcoming changes for you and your family, how exciting ! I love remodeling...we're redoing my DD's room for her 15th bday in July and I can't wait!!

for being "out" on FB!

My announcement went great...everyone was encouraging and supportive . I think after 9 kiddos it wasn't a huge shock for most, lol, but my friends/family who know we've struggled are over-the-moon for us and it feels good to have their T&Ps .
    Kelly, I posted my annoucement pic on my update thread. But here it is too incase you missed it.

Rudy and I are excited for the new addition to our family. Estimated due date Nov. 3, 2014. Psalm 139:14 "fearfully and wonderfully made".
    10370364_10151982461646652_4354079279494537052_n.jpg

Brenda

You know you're pregnant when:

You can smell that someone is eating a salad for lunch. You poke your head out of your office and realize they are 5 offices and down. And they were super impressed I could smell their lettuce that far away lol
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 05-14-2014 at 04:55 PM.

21. Default

So are you "out" at work now Mrs. Super Smell?? ;)
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Totally! Between the bump and the excitement of twins, I couldn't hold it in. I told them the same day I announced on FB. This period of not looking pregnant, just super fat stinks! I'll be happier when I look like you Dorcas.

Brenda...loooove it !!!!

Racel...oh but you do look adorable! LOL, and once people know you're pg you suddenly *look* pg to them too ;)

24. Default

I agree with Kelly.

Sadly I looked so pregnant, so early, because I had a lot of stomach fluff to push up. LOL. I'm taking it though, because I agree ... I was happy to look pregnant. ;)
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Anyone have plans for Memorial Day weekend?

No big plans here...ds's 13th bday is the 24th and dd's 18th bday is the 28th so we'll be celebrating those .

A cookout here on Sunday. Love that I will have all day Monday to relax and do NOTHING!! Thank goodness.

Nope. D's #2 turns three so we will have a little party but nothing big.

It's our anniversary on Monday, but I don't know what DH has planned. We are going to a baseball game on Sunday with his parents so that might be our big activity for the weekend. It's DS's first baseball game so this should be fun!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

29. Default

Our anniversary is Sunday!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    It's our anniversary on Monday, but I don't know what DH has planned. We are going to a baseball game on Sunday with his parents so that might be our big activity for the weekend. It's DS's first baseball game so this should be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Our anniversary is Sunday!
    It's early, but... Happy Anniversary!!!